HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2013, 07:50 PM
~Lookout below!~
Las Vegas, Nevada
Joined Jul 2004
128 Posts
Question
Dual Elevators with Hitec Optic 6 and Optima 7

Hello! I am trying to program dual elevators with the Hitec Optic 6 and Optima 7 receiver.

The only success I have had is using channels 2 and 6 - and mixing channel 6 as a slave to copy channel 2. This works just fine until I switch to HIGH RATES for my Ailerons at which point the custom mix switches to off.

What's going wrong? I even try locking that on and no mater what I do when I switch Aileron to high rate it turns off the mix and one elevator half goes back to flat??

Thanks in advance!

DJ
deegola is offline Find More Posts by deegola
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2013, 09:11 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deegola View Post
Hello! I am trying to program dual elevators with the Hitec Optic 6 and Optima 7 receiver.
The only success I have had is using channels 2 and 6 - and mixing channel 6 as a slave to copy channel 2.
This works just fine until I switch to HIGH RATES for my Ailerons at which point the custom mix switches to off.
What's going wrong? I even try locking that on and no mater what I do when I switch Aileron to high rate
it turns off the mix and one elevator half goes back to flat?? Thanks in advance! DJ
Please reset that model number to factory default and start over.
Use "AILV - Ailevator Function" pre-mix as per manual page 39.
Page 22 of the Optic 6 Tutorial explains in simple terms for beginners.

. Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jul 01, 2013, 09:47 PM
~Lookout below!~
Las Vegas, Nevada
Joined Jul 2004
128 Posts
thanks but i didnt work

I started from scratch and followed the directions. Unfortunately this seems to be mixed with the ailerons. I'm not trying to do a 3d setup for torque rolls, i just need to tie 2 elevator servos together.

This function moves the elevator along with the ailerons. That's not what i want. I simply have a larger sport plane that uses 2 servos for the elevators, one on each side due to large control surfaces.

Am i missing something?

Thanks
Old Jul 01, 2013, 10:54 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deegola View Post
I started from scratch and followed the directions.
Unfortunately this seems to be mixed with the ailerons.
I'm not trying to do a 3d setup for torque rolls, i just need to tie 2 elevator servos together.
This function moves the elevator along with the ailerons. That's not what i want.
I simply have a larger sport plane that uses 2 servos for the elevators,
one on each side due to large control surfaces.
Am i missing something? Thanks
Yes, after changing AILV from being inhibited "Inh" to on "On", zero out the aileron channel as per manual page 39 cont page 40.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jul 02, 2013, 06:50 PM
~Lookout below!~
Las Vegas, Nevada
Joined Jul 2004
128 Posts
So I was missing something!

Thanks a lot, I got it!