HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:09 PM
Great, kid! Don't get Cocky!
Joined Sep 2006
517 Posts
Quote:
Can any of you tell me what comes in the spare parts kit for the canopy and windsceen? Also any idea when they will have more in stock? I got CA on mine just a few minutes ago and found out that Debonder and the plastic in the canopy do not mix. I have an ugly looking smudge now on my canopy. If anyone has a spare they are not using at this time I would sure like to get one ASAP. I can fly my plane the way it is but it is very ugly. We have our Aero Tow coming up August 21st through the 24th and i would really like to have a new one before then.
Pat:

Take 600-grit wet/dry sandpaper (wet) to the affected area to get all the CA off, then polish it out with Meguiar's Fine Cut polish and a high speed buffing pad. I've used this method on many painted fuselages and canopies with great success.

You can find buffing pads and a flex shaft that will fit your drill press or use a dedicated buffer. Just be careful that you don't sand a divot into the canopy. Use a sanding block to help prevent this. Good luck and keep us posted!

Solo
HahnSolo is offline Find More Posts by HahnSolo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:12 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,653 Posts
I put 2.5 lbs to start with as I knew I had 1 lb of batteries. I ended up having to drill out 6 oz to get to near 75. I added about 4 oz back in in a plastic bag velcro'd under the batteries putting the CG near 70.
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen