HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:05 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2002
921 Posts
Alert
Jet Joe Distributor Parts Inventory

Just to let everyone know, we are starting to inventory repair parts for all the Jet Joe Turbines. Our plan is it import parts as needed at least once every 2 months. These will be parts that wear out under normal operation, bearings, etc. Any other parts that are needed, will be ordered with the normal 2 month orders. Also, at this time, we will NOT inventory any turbines, but we can get them delivered in 10 days or less, and will need to be prepaid.

Larry E.
SouthEast Model Products Inc.
Orlando, Fl. 32825
407-381-8060
LJE4357 is offline Find More Posts by LJE4357
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:23 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,170 Posts
Before I start... don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to be harsh, and this is not a refection on the JJ engines. BUT... if you want people to buy engines from you....

1) You need to have engines in stock.

2) If you can't have inventory because of the supplier... then you can't expect full payment up front !!! Take a deposit, and the remainder will be due before final delivery.

First... if I was to buy an engine from you... and you skipped town, or just stopped answering my calls... then where would that leave me? You may be an honest guy... but it's happened in the past with other small vendors.

Second... if you don't want to stock the items... that tells me that:

1) you don't really have the money to be a vendor.

OR

2) The manufacture can't supply the product.

OR

3) you don't have faith in the product.

Regardless... it raises a red flag in my book.

As I was saying... I'm not trying to be harsh... but I just wanted to give you a few things to think about when moving forward.

Basically... this comes in the shadow of a few threads on another board, where large, well respected companies are loosing customers because of the same issues. CARF being one of them. I personally have been trying to buy a Rookie for 2 years !!!! The USA distributor doesn't have them... and they want full payment up front, and say it will take 6 weeks to get. Well... on the thread in question... there have been guys waiting 6 MONTHS without any answers.

One other thread was CARF decided to run a "Winter Sale" and they were offering 10% and reduced shipping on in stock items. BUT... that thread turned into a CARF bash fest because the only Jets in stock were the SUPER high-end... or the ones that people didn't want. (goofy paint)

Anyway... I know you are saying 10 days... but if you don't stock... it's really out of your control. If the factory doesn't have the item in stock... or it gets lost in shipping... who's at fault? And... since you are in the middle... you are the one that will get blamed.

Please don't read the above with anger... I'm just giving you an opinion of a potential customer.
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Last edited by Dr Honda; Jan 27, 2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:47 PM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,147 Posts
well said!
littlepiston is offline Find More Posts by littlepiston
Closed Thread