Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:27 AM
Blue Falcon
bluefalconhollan's Avatar
the Netherlands
Joined Jan 2007
700 Posts
Brain, yes your wings of the turkey vulture looks great! Just a few things to do and you can fly.

The wedge tail eagle is a beauty, only a pitty they use the bird for display. A pitty too that falconry is not allowed in australia. Without practicing falconry I coudnt live over there.

With kind regards, Robert.
bluefalconhollan is offline Find More Posts by bluefalconhollan
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 07:39 AM
Registered User
therealthing691's Avatar
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefalconhollan View Post
Brain, yes your wings of the turkey vulture looks great! Just a few things to do and you can fly.

The wedge tail eagle is a beauty, only a pitty they use the bird for display. A pitty too that falconry is not allowed in australia. Without practicing falconry I coudnt live over there.

With kind regards, Robert.
i agree it is sad Robert they should allow it here . Where i fly my orni's there is a family of wedge tails i see some times i love just watching them soaring on thermals is so peaceful and they havent attacked my orni's yet and i hope they dont cheers Brian
therealthing691 is offline Find More Posts by therealthing691
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 12:43 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
691 Posts
LIG , is it one of the Alex's gulls?
RC Seagull at Filey Brig (3 min 1 sec)
seagull10 is offline Find More Posts by seagull10
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:14 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Taiwan
Joined Aug 2011
1,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull10 View Post
LIG , is it one of the Alex's gulls?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmUQj56_4lE
Nice scaled gliding gull
thanks for sharing
regards
Sam
samwei1950 is online now Find More Posts by samwei1950
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:11 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2006
1,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull10 View Post
LIG , is it one of the Alex's gulls?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmUQj56_4lE
Yes, it's. We lost contact a few years back after they moved his station from Israel to UAE. I hope he's okay though. I got two of his gulls way back destroyed one and my 2nd one was full carbon, good thing I waited while waiting for him to send me 3 more but he said he could not find epoxy and other stuff over at UAE so he stopped making them, at the time, he was in the process of making a bigger version of the gull but I have not heard from him at least two years. Meanwhile, I used my last one as plug made my one version of the body and the wing profile molds with a bit simplified lighter full carbon wings. My molds are kind of simple not made for full production but I was able to crank out 6 sets of wings, very light but extremely fragile. I found out my wing flies better than his due to I reduced quite a bit of weight on mine. I figured my molds can crank out 3 more sets of wings. I may use his body to make my profiled flapper on some later dates, who knows when.

I hope he still around and I want to get my hands on one of his bigger gull.
LifeisGood is offline Find More Posts by LifeisGood
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:56 PM
Blue Falcon
bluefalconhollan's Avatar
the Netherlands
Joined Jan 2007
700 Posts
Today I did maiden my EPP seagull. I have still to do some fine tuning and painting but the bird flies extremely good. Can't wait to fly together with the real gulls.......


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOn3Z4Ax9d4
bluefalconhollan is offline Find More Posts by bluefalconhollan
Last edited by bluefalconhollan; Jun 06, 2012 at 03:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:40 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,058 Posts
That was great!

Did you glue the wings on the fuse? Or are the wings design to be lifted off to change the batteries?
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:07 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeisGood View Post
Yes, it's. We lost contact a few years back after they moved his station from Israel to UAE. I hope he's okay though. I got two of his gulls way back destroyed one and my 2nd one was full carbon, good thing I waited while waiting for him to send me 3 more but he said he could not find epoxy and other stuff over at UAE so he stopped making them, at the time, he was in the process of making a bigger version of the gull but I have not heard from him at least two years. Meanwhile, I used my last one as plug made my one version of the body and the wing profile molds with a bit simplified lighter full carbon wings. My molds are kind of simple not made for full production but I was able to crank out 6 sets of wings, very light but extremely fragile. I found out my wing flies better than his due to I reduced quite a bit of weight on mine. I figured my molds can crank out 3 more sets of wings. I may use his body to make my profiled flapper on some later dates, who knows when.

I hope he still around and I want to get my hands on one of his bigger gull.
LIG, thank you for the answer .I know that you are the only specialist and proud owner on this beautiful gulls between us the ornithopterists so that's way I asked you. IMO this gull is one of the best replication I have seen.I will try to find another RC gull glider video, made from some guy from South Africa which is very good , looks very natural as well and flies beautifully .I will post the video here if can find it. Do you succeed to get one the french gulls?
I like your idea to use the body like the base for new ornithopter and you probably can use some of Kinkade's mechanics and just will have to make new more suitable (elastic) wings.This will be an beautiful flapping bird.
seagull10 is offline Find More Posts by seagull10
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:14 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefalconhollan View Post
Today I did maiden my EPP seagull. I have still to do some fine tuning and painting but the bird flies extremely good. Can't wait to fly together with the real gulls.......


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOn3Z4Ax9d4
Robert your gull looks and flies very well.It's pleasure to see summer Netherlands from above thru seagull eyes. Thanks
seagull10 is offline Find More Posts by seagull10
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:15 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2006
1,853 Posts
No, I didn't get that French Gull, because I'll make a replica out of it just don't have the time to do that part of the molding process and I hate to destroyed a gull that I have to order again from France.
LifeisGood is offline Find More Posts by LifeisGood
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:21 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2006
1,853 Posts
Part of the reason for the gull is my raven friends love to play with me in the air. I had many many good flying together with my gull and they know what's going on. Just wonderful. But they don't like to play with Sk's ornis though.
LifeisGood is offline Find More Posts by LifeisGood
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:32 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeisGood View Post
Part of the reason for the gull is my raven friends love to play with me in the air. I had many many good flying together with my gull and they know what's going on. Just wonderful. But they don't like to play with Sk's ornis though.
Ravens are ones of the most intelligent birds They are very cautious as well .Maybe the orniththopter is to noisy for it.
seagull10 is offline Find More Posts by seagull10
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:12 PM
Registered User
therealthing691's Avatar
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,100 Posts
the netherlands in summer is so lush and green summer in australia is so dry nice video Robert cheers Brian
therealthing691 is offline Find More Posts by therealthing691
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:20 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
691 Posts
The other beautiful gull glider video from South Africa, as I have promised. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=srxLGIdx5_M#!
seagull10 is offline Find More Posts by seagull10
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2006
1,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull10 View Post
The other beautiful gull glider video from South Africa, as I have promised. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=srxLGIdx5_M#!
Very nice. Looks lighter than a glass ship. Could it be a form job ?
LifeisGood is offline Find More Posts by LifeisGood
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Aeromax ARF Four-Star Bird Sports Airplane Kit !! pmfennell Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jun 07, 2011 04:07 PM
For Sale 1/72 Type 21, 1/72 Type 9, 1/35 Type 23 Submarine Rogue Sub Boats (FS/W) 1 Jun 02, 2011 07:49 PM
Discussion Interesting bird type kite laima JIMFRISKY RC Kites 5 Apr 22, 2011 09:59 PM
Question What's the type of this airplane BaZsiX Scale Kit/Scratch Built 12 Apr 22, 2011 12:31 PM
Hawk (bird type) distraction gpeden Electric Heli Talk 8 Jul 25, 2001 08:52 PM