Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
oh yea and they do apear to be plastic with carbon fiber spokes look cool if you find were they are sellig them i would be very interested!!
dxr500king is offline Find More Posts by dxr500king
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:35 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
I bought the ZH alum wheels,but i don't think me and alum. are going to get along very good.I see the glue cracking and the tire is giving way in just one run.I really would like some plastic wheels.I cant find much at all for the M5/DXR in the wheel department
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
are the zh ones the orange ones i do believe that they have beed locks
dxr500king is offline Find More Posts by dxr500king
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:47 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,153 Posts
Guru: try using Shoe-Goo or Goop. It's what I've been using for years to mount bike tires to aluminum wheels.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
Guru: try using Shoe-Goo or Goop. It's what I've been using for years to mount bike tires to aluminum wheels.
That was my next thought,but the crap is soo messy i wasnt sure if i could get it even enough without causing an out of balance tire.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:50 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,153 Posts
It's really quite light once dry, and balancing with lead take works great.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:55 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,153 Posts
Guru: did you see my article in RC Car Action with the DXR500 tips?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
NO,not a subscriber.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
I am going to try GOOP.Since this is a 1-time shot at getting it right,can you tell me how much to use.Do i fill the wheel groove/bead all the way,1/2 way,1/4 ?.I just tried CA bottle tips and they fit perfect.It will save me some goop and i can get a finer line with it.Should there be some bleedout and remove the excess later?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:39 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
Anyone tell me what wheels these are.Plastic or alum.? Maybe a link to them also

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677302
Those are the plastic SB5 rims with ZH Racing spokes and hubs. They are not currently available but maybe soon.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:58 AM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
I have my bike finished for now.Just got done putting on ZH wheels and front brake.The stock servo that came with brake kit didnt work right out of the box,so i replaced it with a futaba s3114.I'm having a little problem with the brakes disc.The pressure point from the servo arm actually hits outside the brake disc diamater and make the discs spread apart in front while being pinched at the back.I shimmed the servo to move it forward right up to the wheel spacer.The wheel spacer has a very thick wall,so if i can find a spacer a little bit thinner wall i can get another 1- 2 mm adjustment by moving the servo more forward.Hope to get some helpful feedback,but this thread is kinda dead.Am i the only person in America with one of these bikes
I will be getting a Spektrum 3 ch radio so i can get the full potential out of this.With stock radio there is no motor brake adjustment,so right now if i apply too much brake it goes into a tank slapper.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:15 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
it is toy like,
dont be fooled by the lay down shock it is cheap as chips and not got much travel at all with a solid clunk stop when it bottoms out,

its really fun to drive though! even with the gyro but steers very slow i found even with the gyro weights removed
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark675 View Post
it is toy like,
dont be fooled by the lay down shock it is cheap as chips and not got much travel at all with a solid clunk stop when it bottoms out,

its really fun to drive though! even with the gyro but steers very slow i found even with the gyro weights removed
What gyro ?????? ,i junked that thing long time ago.I ran gyro one time and then my new wheels came in.I'll never go back.I have not experienced the bike even getting near to bottoming out yet.I know the travel in r shock is limited,but i do run on very smooth parking lot.
Last edited by gurumods; Jul 29, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:49 PM
Vzzznnnn...
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Oct 2010
220 Posts
Quote:
What gyro ?????? ,i junked that thing long time ago.I ran gyro one time and then my new wheels came in.I'll never go back.I have not experienced the bike even getting near to bottoming out yet.I know the travel in r shock is limited,but i do run on very smooth parking lot.
OFFTOPIC but I couldn't resist
Everytime I read about gyro, my mind goes to the "greek gyro".
Try a google search for images

It's the best "gyro", ever!
vegos is online now Find More Posts by vegos
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:16 AM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,760 Posts
Quote:
I have my bike finished for now.Just got done putting on ZH wheels and front brake.The stock servo that came with brake kit didnt work right out of the box,so i replaced it with a futaba s3114.I'm having a little problem with the brakes disc.The pressure point from the servo arm actually hits outside the brake disc diamater and make the discs spread apart in front while being pinched at the back.I shimmed the servo to move it forward right up to the wheel spacer.The wheel spacer has a very thick wall,so if i can find a spacer a little bit thinner wall i can get another 1- 2 mm adjustment by moving the servo more forward.Hope to get some helpful feedback,but this thread is kinda dead.Am i the only person in America with one of these bikes
I will be getting a Spektrum 3 ch radio so i can get the full potential out of this.With stock radio there is no motor brake adjustment,so right now if i apply too much brake it goes into a tank slapper.

Did you modify the brake holder per instructions?

http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1389
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb