Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:49 AM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
okay,

I know I have stick mod on because when I Do it, one aileron moves up and down.

then I go to dual aileron and both can go up and down

then I go to mix and setup the exact same mix as modfly had on the dx6i, however its like the flap switch doesnt do anything........

Also I have 2 mixes on my dx6i, mix1 and mix2.

does it matter which one you use?
lightspeeddud is online now Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:53 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
no it does not matter. Ok, you are almost there. I will add Flap switch instructions as well as that is something I left out. I will update everything today. Sorry LSD as I'm still getting the instructions on how to do this mod perfected. This is not that easy to do much less explain how to do it but we will no worries
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:09 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
thanks modfly, let me know when its updated so I can try this out later today.... make sure you post lots of pics

thanks
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:17 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud View Post
okay,

I know I have stick mod on because when I Do it, one aileron moves up and down.

then I go to dual aileron and both can go up and down

then I go to mix and setup the exact same mix as modfly had on the dx6i, however its like the flap switch doesnt do anything........

Also I have 2 mixes on my dx6i, mix1 and mix2.

does it matter which one you use?
Plug each servo into the same port and see if they deflect opposite directions for the same stick deflection.

One of the servos may be revesed, in which case reverse the one that isn't going the proper direction when you move the aileron stick.

If the Ailerons work normal until you hit the flap switch, you need to set your wing type to flaperon.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:26 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Plug each servo into the same port and see if they deflect opposite directions for the same stick deflection.

One of the servos may be revesed, in which case reverse the one that isn't going the proper direction when you move the aileron stick.

If the Ailerons work normal until you hit the flap switch, you need to set your wing type to flaperon.
No, I'm sorry thats not it. Do not unplug anything LSD. Like I said, we will get it sorted out. Its a question of something I forgot to mention.

I do not recommend unplugging any of the connectors at this point. This plane and the connectors are easily damaged and there is no point in doing something unnecessary that may damage the plane.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:28 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
okay let me know whats wrong.....thanks
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:31 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
No I'm sorry thats not it. Do not unplug anything LSD. Like I said, we will get it sorted out. Its a question of something I forgot to mention.
If you had a DX7, you would have to worry about any of this. You switch it to "flaperon" and everything works.

You can even have spoilerons or flaps with the same setup and not burn any mixes to do it.

Its like the 6Xi and DX7 are made on different planets.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:35 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
If you had a DX7, you would have to worry about any of this. You switch it to "flaperon" and everything works.

You can even have spoilerons or flaps with the same setup and not burn any mixes to do it.
Quote:
These instructions apply to the Dx6i only.

I have already said that the instructions are for a DX6i. You are therefore causing confusion with the DX7 instructions. I do not own a DX7. I suggest you do a similar thread using the DX7. Now that is something that would be useful.

Regards
modfly
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:52 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
I have already said that the instructions are for a DX6i.
I must have missed it or you deleted it with the rest of the stuff you deleted. Maybe your title should say its for the 6Xi only, because none of the posts I read said that.

I'm pretty sure you'll work the bugs out.

Good luck.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 01:25 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
I must have missed it or you deleted it with the rest of the stuff you deleted. Maybe your title should say its for the 6Xi only, because none of the posts I read said that.

I'm pretty sure you'll work the bugs out.

Good luck.
The title thread name has been changed as per your advice UNGN.
Regards
modfly
Old Feb 17, 2010, 01:57 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
so modfly what did I do wrong?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 02:09 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Procedure for setting up flaps on the 4-Site

Ok, I think we got it nailed down now. Please make sure the plane works properly before doing any changes. You can always toggle the aileron mode to single channel ailerons and start over if it does not work for you. I reset my 4-Site back to stock mode and did the following steps to mod it for Flaps with elevator mixing.

Note: I did not unplug any servos or make any mods or changes to the connectors. Do not unplug any servo channels or change anything on the brick. No changes are required for this mod. You can easily switch back to default by turning mixes off on the TX and toggle the aileron mode with stick programming to restore the default setup. This aileron mod will in no way change the planes original configuration as far as the connectors go. Its all done with programming.

Optional: It may be a good idea to remove the motor connector when doing the "stick" programming.

E-Flite UM 4-Site with flaps (1 min 0 sec)
Last edited by modfly; Feb 17, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 02:18 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
thank you will try this new a few minutes and will let you know!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 02:24 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Apr 2009
210 Posts
Jusy my 2 cents worth on this thread. No one asked for it, but here goes. If I was Modfly, I would just keep all my info to myself, enjoy my hobby, and quit putting up with the abuse of you non-appreciative know it alls. This man has done more to help us in these forums than the rest of you put together.

Like your mother should have taught you: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything.
fotowiz is offline Find More Posts by fotowiz
Old Feb 17, 2010, 02:33 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
hey guys,

rumor has it with flaps engadged, the 4 site can fly without rudder...... just fly with ailerons....

gonna find out after I try setting up flaps and Ill let you guys know