HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RS Rogers, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:22 PM
Bogota Colombia
Joined Oct 2008
127 Posts
Ok guys,

It works! in all conditions, we will see in the field. Thanks to all.

Regards,
Gustavo
haggy38 is offline Find More Posts by haggy38
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:17 PM
Canada, BC, Campbell River
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
I have a 12fgh but for the life of me i cant get my radio to respond to the same inputs as in the video .I probably have one of my conditions set wrong or one of my switches.Can someone give me the settings that should be in my radio pertaining to the switch settings , what to inh or enable . throttle cut throttle hold ,etc. Thanks for any & all responses & even to those that just took the time to read this .Every thing seams fine till i switch to hold & turn up th idle offset in hold when i switch back to norm the offset remains at +30. All throttle curves & idle ups seam fine.
babnika is offline Find More Posts by babnika
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:42 AM
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
Clintstone has a 12fg & can get you squared away but he's on vacation for the next week
Maybe he will chime in here at some point!

Steve
RS Rogers is offline Find More Posts by RS Rogers
Old Nov 20, 2010, 01:06 PM
Canada, BC, Campbell River
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
thank you for your reply ill try to keep raping my head around this hopefully ill get it figured out
babnika is offline Find More Posts by babnika
Old Nov 20, 2010, 03:51 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by babnika View Post
thank you for your reply ill try to keep raping my head around this hopefully ill get it figured out
I am on vacate on but you are welcome to call me.

912-481-3690
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
Old Nov 20, 2010, 08:33 PM
FPV = empty wallet
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Feb 2009
511 Posts
Ok guys, I am an avid CC owner and nothing else when it comes to speed controllers. I recently purchased the CC Vertigo 2434 1760kv motor (on discount from CC) and installed it in my Trex 500 along with an ICE 100A esc. I want to try running govern mode using the set rpm via CC sfoftware. If successful I plan on also switching my other birds (600, X5 and Rave) to govern mode as well. I want to make sure I understand the setup entirely on both the controller and tx before I attempt flight.

ICE 100A programming w/ autorotation enabled.
After entering my lipo size, gear ratio, motor kv, poles, etc I have the following:

Desired HS
1. 2600 @ 85.6%
2. 2600 @ 85.6%
3. 2700 @ 88.8%
I choose not to exceed 2700rpm (which I could easily do with my 14T pinion) as I felt this was fast enough for a Trex 500……….maybe later I will try 2800.

DX7 programming w/ autorotation enabled.
This is where I become unsure.

My pitch curves for normal, stunt 1 + 2 would be (0-100) linear.
My throttle curves would be
Normal (0-0-0-0-0)
Stunt 1 (75-75-75-75-75)
Stunt 2 (100-100-100-100-100)
My throttle endpoints to initialize the controller (w/ auto enabled)would be approx
High 100
Low 138
My throttle hold engages at +10.5 so as not enable soft start during an auto bailout.

My questions:

1. Does the above setup and numbers look correct?

2. Considering normal flight mode is 0, Stunt 1 or 2 are now my only flight modes. Before lift-off, is it wise to set my collective to mid-stick before I toggle to Stunt 1 or 2 so I am not running a governed headspeed at full neg pitch?

3. I plan to set my initial spool rate to Low, HS change rate to 14 but I am unsure what govern gain I should start with.

Thanks
Adroc3905 is offline Find More Posts by Adroc3905
Old Nov 21, 2010, 07:11 AM
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
To answer your questions:
1 - Yes your numbers & set up looks correct. Looking at the % beside the desired head speeds, you number 3 speed is going to be your most efficient for that gearing. I personally like the head speed Im going to fly in the most to be in the 90 - 93% range. Everything seems to run cooler.
2 - Yes , spooling up at 0 pitch or even a few deg. of neg is a good practice.
3 - You can start with the High setting & to a test hover / climb out to see what is needed. I have pretty much the exact set up & if I remember correctly I've actually went to the custom setting & a little higher than the high value. Each heli can be a little different so thats a good starting point.

Steve
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:19 AM
FPV = empty wallet
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Feb 2009
511 Posts
Great. Thank you for the reply and piece of mind knowing i am not making any mistakes. I can't wait to tear up the sky with my new Vertigo.
Let me try crunching the #'s with a 13T and see if i can get my stunt 2 up to the 90-93 % range.

Sent from my DROIDX
Adroc3905 is offline Find More Posts by Adroc3905
Old Apr 04, 2011, 04:22 AM
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Rogers View Post
Hey Guys,
We get lots of inquiries on how to set some things on the controllers such as Fixed Endpoints, Auto-Rotate Enable & Gov. Set Rpm so I decided to write & post instructions for these things. Some of these were written a while back but should be pretty well up to date. If anyone catches anything let me know!

If there are other instructions you would like to have that are not here let me know!

Thanks,
Steve
hi Steve .
first time for me to set up The ESC ( ICE 75A ) for my Protos .
my throttle endpoint :
High :100% ,
Low : 88%
Fixed Endpoints Throttle Calibration ..
But now I try to set the Governor Mode ( set RPM ) , in the - Help:'Governor Type' - it mention that:
Note :Features available in the Castle Creations Helicopter programming require inputs outside the Default ms. signatures or endpoints set in your Transmitter . The default values-usually High 100 and Low 100 on the Travel Adjust or ATV of your TX will need to be increased .
For High adjustment , set the value to 110
For Low adjustment , set the value to the TX's maximum value - usually 125 or greater depending on your TX .

I am getting confused.
-----------------------------
so question is : should i follow the instruction above ?? if yes , do i need to connect the ESC to the Receiver , plug the Battery before increase High to 110 and the Low to 125

please show me what exactly i need to do ( first time ever try to set up the Governor )
thanks for your help.
John.
mic21 is offline Find More Posts by mic21
Last edited by mic21; Apr 04, 2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 04:38 AM
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
John
When you use fixed endpoints you are in essence using a direct correlation between the throttle stick and the speed of the motor so accuracy in calibration is needed. In governor mode the throttle stick no longer has anything to do with the speed of the motor - only collective. The speed of the motor is controlled by a specific millisecond signature.
The endpoints you calibrated in fixed sound perfectly normal BUT if you had the auto rotation feature enabled your low endpoint would have been a lot higher number -125+. We would have had to do this to keep the throttle proportional to the stick. Now in gov mode the throttle calibration should be the same whether we have the auto feature enabled or not & since were only looking for a specific ms signature set by the % of throttle set in your curves ( in set rpm mode 30 - 70 & 100 I believe it is) & the throttle stick does not need to be proportional we can just go ahead & max out our low endpoint for arming the controller. On the high side we just go ahead & make it 110 so when were in the 100% curve we make sure we hit the head speed in the 3rd box of the Desired Headspeed.

On most Tx's the endpoints will usually need to be down around 138 in gov mode so if 125 is your max you will need to lower the trim as well as far as it will go more than likely.

If you need me to help more I will be glad to just PM me your contact info & I'll give you a call

Steve
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:40 PM
Grand Rapids MI.
Joined Feb 2011
404 Posts
Phoenix 35?

Hi all noob here

I have a B400 that I bought in basket so to speak, been flying and fixing and flying and learning.....
It came with a phoenix 35 esc and no instructions what so ever. It works kinda. I have had to really play with my throttle curve in my Tx and if I go above roughly 60% it cuts out (no power) as if the low voltage shutdown takes over.
Where can I get some info on this thing? I assume there is set up procedure and intructions of some type I'm lacking. Also do I need a link to hook to my laptop and do some programinng?
should I just buy an Ice 50 and be done?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated
-OTTO-
OTTOFLYS is offline Find More Posts by OTTOFLYS
Last edited by OTTOFLYS; Apr 11, 2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 06:09 PM
Joined Jan 2011
48 Posts
Wow, this was quite a read....
OK, I'm finishing up my first 500 build. I have the Pheonix ICE 100.
I've got two strikes against me.. 1. I'm a total noob... I've only programmed a very simple Turnigy ESC...
2. I'm old.
Is there a step by step tutorial anywhere? Say for a beginner? Or old man?

Right now, on my 400's, I fly in normal mode, with pitch settings of -5, +5, +10 with throttle curve thats about 70% throttle @ 50%stick, and linear after that to 95% @ 100% stick.
My Tx, ( Walkera 2801Pro ) has 3 flight modes...so I'm assuming I'd need to set normal as a safe mode, stunt1 as my " normal" flight mode ( say 80% throttle? With my usual pitch curve of -5. +5. +10? ) and set stunt2 for something more agressive? Like 95% thottle with a curve of -10~ +10? I havent set up throttle hold yet.. thats a whole other thing for me yet. As you can tell, I'm kinda lost. Especially when it comes to governor mode.

My set up...
Turnigy Typhoon 500H motor ( 1800kv)
5S 3000mAh 30C Batts
12T pinion ( shooting for around 2400-2600 RPMs )
Thanks for bearing with me....
Mike
Blayd is offline Find More Posts by Blayd
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:52 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,224 Posts
Just found this thread hoping it would answer my questions on setting fixed setting endpoints but i don't think it does. The instructions are very thorough but for some inexplicable reason they are only for helicopters. The fixed endpoint options says it's suitable for fixed wing so how would i go about setting it up for fixed wing?

I don't want to use the 'auto' option due to the need to go to full throttle on the ground for four seconds before every flight... seems bizarre! I know I'd forget to do it sooner or later.

ESC is a CC ICE 50, Tx is a Dx7

thanks

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:59 PM
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
Steve
The instructions are the same for airplanes but you may have to start with a value lower than 50 - say 45 on the Low side of the throttle travel adjust.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 01:24 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,224 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.. Yes that worked and yes i had to start with the lower throttle value at 50% (ESC armed at 55%)

Easy once it was explained

cheers
Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer