Old Jan 25, 2005, 04:37 AM
into z50/cz100 resto's
some wear up norf (uk)
Joined Jan 2005
235 Posts
Question
which setup is best

hello everyone,

i bought a tt fm-1e a couple of months ago and tbh cant beleive how good it is after running various nitro/petrol/electric cars..... i bought it used and it is fitted with a GM evo 4 7x4 motor, and a lrp F1 pro reverse digital.... and its fast to say the least . anyway now i am hooked.......

not long after i bought the tt i droppped on one of these at the right price....it came with brand new electrics fitted that i've taken out as they wern't up to much....

so my question is, which way do i go..... brushless or nitro. i really fancy converting it to nitro for the realism. would this be costly ? is there a conversion kit available ? or would a brushless sytem be better. i need the SF to be as quick as the tt with the 7 turn motor fitted.....

so any recomendations/advice would be much apreciated taking into consideration maintenance and running costs....

thanks

northern monkey
northern monkey is offline Find More Posts by northern monkey
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2005, 07:12 AM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
NM,

Several of us have low turn b/l motors and are happy with them. I have a 7 turn Feigao in one TT and an 8 turn Hacker in another and they are both very fast with excellent run times.

NF used to sell a conversion kit, but no more. So you'd have to do the conversion on your own. You can get lots of advice on how to do that on here, if you need it.

Nice find on the NF. It's one of the older models before everything went to plastic. If you stay electric, all you need is some aftermarket tires and you're off!

STeve B in NC
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Jan 25, 2005, 08:17 AM
into z50/cz100 resto's
some wear up norf (uk)
Joined Jan 2005
235 Posts
hi steve,

thanks for the reply. i now realise that the conversion is defunct.. and for what it would cost i may aswell wait and buy the nitro bike....

so it looks like brushless is the way to go in this bike.... what esc are you running with the hacker ? is it waterproof ? and where's the best place to get em ?

which tyres do i need the grp's ?

interesting point about the bike being an earlier model. i'm pretty new to rc bikes and didn't know they had changed the spec slightly. although i'm pretty sure i read the newer sf501 comes with a front disk brake.

thanks

nm
Old Jan 25, 2005, 09:00 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,653 Posts
the newer NF gives you the RC211V bodywork and the nicer rider... but no front brake (I think)
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jan 25, 2005, 11:33 AM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by northern monkey
hi steve,

thanks for the reply. i now realise that the conversion is defunct.. and for what it would cost i may aswell wait and buy the nitro bike....

so it looks like brushless is the way to go in this bike.... what esc are you running with the hacker ? is it waterproof ? and where's the best place to get em ?

which tyres do i need the grp's ?

interesting point about the bike being an earlier model. i'm pretty new to rc bikes and didn't know they had changed the spec slightly. although i'm pretty sure i read the newer sf501 comes with a front disk brake.

thanks

nm
I run Schulze ESC's, one is a 18.61K, the other is a U-Force 75. Not positive about the waterproofing, but the 18,61 is in a plastic cover and could easily be made waterproof, and the U-force internals are sealed in silicone. So I guess they are. I've never found out for sure. When it rains, the bikes and I go inside.

YOu have one of the older NF's (me too). The newer NF's have a lot of plastic and cast pieces as opposed to all milled aluminum. The consensus is that the newer models have not changed for the better.

The newer NF nitro's do come with a front brake, but it's all plastic including the disk. Talk to Pat1967 on here if you want real world brakes.

STeve B in NC
Old Jan 27, 2005, 07:25 PM
Joined Aug 2004
37 Posts
I can prob get you a new nitro conversion kit if your intrested.

alan.
adc501 is offline Find More Posts by adc501
Old Jan 27, 2005, 09:28 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc501

alan.
Tell me more.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 01:45 AM
into z50/cz100 resto's
some wear up norf (uk)
Joined Jan 2005
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc501

alan.

indeed i am.....
Old Jan 28, 2005, 12:54 PM
Joined Aug 2004
37 Posts
sorry you guys i thought that conversion kit was still in stock, however it has been discontinued my appologies.
Alan.
adc501 is offline Find More Posts by adc501