Closed Thread
Old Feb 23, 2014, 05:05 PM
Derek
Escondido, CA
Joined Apr 2008
17 Posts
Discussion
Frsky loss of signal - Please help

Please help me figure out whats going on here.

Was flying my homebuilt f450 quadcopter FPV today and had a signal loss about 50m out and it tumbled out of the sky. As I was flying it at about 100m out and 50m up it Frsky module started beeping at me, quad started acting squirrly so I attempted to pilot it back. Got it close to regaining controll then about 50m out complete signal loss and I watched it tumble out of the sky FPV. Terrible thing to see. 3 broken props and 1 broken arm later I'm so frusterated.

Setup is the following.
F450 quad with kk 2.1 controller.
2.4 Ghz Turnigy 9xr with Frsky DJT module and D8R-II plus reciever.

FPV
Fat shark Attitude V2 setup 5.8 Ghz with everything pretty much stock.

After retrieve the wreckage battery voltage on my 3s 2600mah lip was fine at 11.6 ish. Tx battery voltage was ok as well

Background. I've had the Frsky setup on this quad without FPV for the last several months with no issues, I have flown it LOS probably to about 150-200m. Recently I added the FPV setup. Since I started flying the FPV i noticed the Frsky module lately has started beeping at me when i get about 100m out which seems ridiculous. Before adding the FPV setup this did not occur. The other thing i noticed just a few days ago was the antenna on the Frsky module was a bit loose. I tightened it up and didn't think much of it.
I'm wondering if it is the antenna on the 5.8 Ghz VTx that is messing things up or something is wrong with the Frsky module.
I'm relatively new to this hobby so any help is greatly appreciated.
mooredge is offline Find More Posts by mooredge
Last edited by mooredge; Feb 23, 2014 at 07:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread