SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 21, 2014, 08:39 AM
Joined Jan 2012
77 Posts
Discussion
DJI NAZA-M V1 - Brushless gimbal

Does DJI NAZA-M V1 work with a brushless gimbal? Just wondering if there have been any changes with the firmware in order to run a brushless gimbal or will I have to add a gimbal control board to my set-up.
tkuhrt is offline Find More Posts by tkuhrt
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2014, 09:57 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Sep 2012
462 Posts
No, a Brushless gimbal need separate controller like Alexmos,martinez,Evvgc,etc

or if you wish want to use H2D Zenmuse, You can "Upgrade" Your Naza V1 to V2 by buying the Can hub to connect the H2D to your Naza
WonderKing is offline Find More Posts by WonderKing
Old Feb 22, 2014, 07:22 AM
Joined Aug 2012
191 Posts
Usually brushless gimbals have their own controllers and work independently. NAZA do NOT replace the brushless gimbal controller. The single reason you want to connect it to naza, is to have control on pitch and roll from your TX.
You can connect it to gimbal output of naza, but you have to zero the gains for gimbal.
Yes you can use any type of brushless gimbal with naza if it has roll and pitch controll, but only for controll. Using stabilization from naza over the brushless controller itself stabilization, just don't work well.
Another point if you have free channels on the RX, just connect the gimbal controller directly to the RX.
mirceacul is offline Find More Posts by mirceacul
Old Feb 26, 2014, 08:41 PM
Malaysia, Sarawak, Kuching
Joined Jun 2011
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirceacul View Post
You can connect it to gimbal output of naza, but you have to zero the gains for gimbal.
Thanks for the info. I was searching the web to find a way to have a channel pass through on the M lite, to control the pitch of my brushless gimbal. I'm using sbus of OrangeRx 7channel (sbus 14 channel) receiver so only one cable to the M lite.
ukionz is online now Find More Posts by ukionz