HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2013, 09:21 PM
Joined Dec 2013
2 Posts
Help!
throttle hold set up

Hello everyone;
I'm new in this forum and looking for help on the above....... I'm trying to set up the throttle hold for my gasser helicopter on the /airtronics RDS8000

Thank you in advance on this metter
escorpion is offline Find More Posts by escorpion
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2013, 03:02 PM
Helicopter Pilot
Junction City, KS
Joined Sep 2004
676 Posts
Here is a general guide: (sorry I don't have that radio)
1. Power up the radio and heli, start the engine.
2. With the trim, make sure the engine settles into a reliable idle, but the clutch is NOT engaging and making the blades turn. Make a note of the trim position.
3. Shut off the motor, and return the trim to the reliable idle position. LEAVE THE ENGINE OFF.
4. With everything powered up but the engine off, make sure that when you flip the throttle hold switch, the servo barely moves from the reliable idle position. If it moves any, it should OPEN slightly. If it closes, adjust your throttle hold number until it does not move, or just opens slightly.
5. With the throttle hold active, move the throttle/collective stick to make sure the throttle servo DOES NOT move.
5. When you are comfortable with the programming, start the engine and set the helicopter on the ground, away from any obstacles.
6. Flip the switch and make sure the engine is still idling reliably.
7. VERY CAREFULLY, move the throttle/collective pitch to confirm the throttle servo is NOT moving.

Edit: I found a manual for your radio:
http://media.globalhobby.com/manual/751700.PDF
Starting on page 67, follow the instructions to set up Flight Mode 3. It looks from the manual that if you already have something programmed on FM3 than you won't have Throttle Hold.

What I do is to basically copy my aerobatic/3D pitch curve, but I give it a flat throttle curve at a constant number that will give me reliable idle. Typically somewhere between 5 and 10. Zero being engine shut-off.

Rafael
Rafael23cc is offline Find More Posts by Rafael23cc
Old Dec 25, 2013, 12:32 PM
Joined Dec 2013
2 Posts
Hello Rafael, thank you for your help, this is great..............Happy Holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael23cc View Post
Here is a general guide: (sorry I don't have that radio)
1. Power up the radio and heli, start the engine.
2. With the trim, make sure the engine settles into a reliable idle, but the clutch is NOT engaging and making the blades turn. Make a note of the trim position.
3. Shut off the motor, and return the trim to the reliable idle position. LEAVE THE ENGINE OFF.
4. With everything powered up but the engine off, make sure that when you flip the throttle hold switch, the servo barely moves from the reliable idle position. If it moves any, it should OPEN slightly. If it closes, adjust your throttle hold number until it does not move, or just opens slightly.
5. With the throttle hold active, move the throttle/collective stick to make sure the throttle servo DOES NOT move.
5. When you are comfortable with the programming, start the engine and set the helicopter on the ground, away from any obstacles.
6. Flip the switch and make sure the engine is still idling reliably.
7. VERY CAREFULLY, move the throttle/collective pitch to confirm the throttle servo is NOT moving.

Edit: I found a manual for your radio:
http://media.globalhobby.com/manual/751700.PDF
Starting on page 67, follow the instructions to set up Flight Mode 3. It looks from the manual that if you already have something programmed on FM3 than you won't have Throttle Hold.

What I do is to basically copy my aerobatic/3D pitch curve, but I give it a flat throttle curve at a constant number that will give me reliable idle. Typically somewhere between 5 and 10. Zero being engine shut-off.

Rafael
escorpion is offline Find More Posts by escorpion
Old May 13, 2014, 09:45 AM
Joined May 2014
2 Posts
Good afternoon, someone to help me, I'm not succeeding in setting the throttle curve and pitch curve of my trex 600 electric-scale 350
oreste tadeu is offline Find More Posts by oreste tadeu
Old May 13, 2014, 09:53 AM
Joined May 2014
2 Posts
throttle curve & pitch curve

Good afternoon, I'm new here, can someone help me, I'm not managing to set the throttle curve and pitch curve of my trex 600 flybar-scale electric 350, thaks.
oreste tadeu is offline Find More Posts by oreste tadeu
Old May 19, 2014, 04:49 PM
Helicopter Pilot
Junction City, KS
Joined Sep 2004
676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreste tadeu View Post
Good afternoon, someone to help me, I'm not succeeding in setting the throttle curve and pitch curve of my trex 600 electric-scale 350
You need to give us more information than that. Radio manufacturer, model, ect. And a brief description on what you have already tried.

A new thread would also be very helpful.

Rafael
Rafael23cc is offline Find More Posts by Rafael23cc
Old Aug 05, 2014, 10:18 PM
Citizen 357
United States, WA, Marysville
Joined Jan 2014
67 Posts
We need to know which radio you are using. To set the throttle hold up you do it in the radio. like in the spektrum radios

I started mine at about 8 (throttle hold)
then i tried to start it
I would bump it up one point until it would turn over or idle
if you get above 15 then you should go back and check everything on the motor
you could cause a hot start
The safest way to check the idle is to leave throttle hold at 0% so if something happens you can hit hold
find idle and set hold to that number
once you have found the number your motor idles at then set hold to that number
you should also have another switch set to 0 so you can kill your motor.

Now my knowledge only extends to spektrum

I went back and read that and it could be confusing if you need help of clarification just message me i would be glad to help
frequency is offline Find More Posts by frequency