SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jun 23, 2012, 07:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Suggestion
Appeal rules clarification

I was recently targeted by profile infraction for "obnoxious reporting" which I can only guess was caused by bumping threads in the appeal forum as they were getting ignored. However, in one of the posts, it was mentioned that there is now a 2 week waiting period for these appeals. However, this is not mentioned anywhere in the rules, and I *can* read.

Appeals section here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/wlist.php
Appeals sticky in this very forum:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1551788

There is no mention of any kind of waiting period, other than "administrator will review the appeal and make a decision".

While I'm not going to get into the ridiculousness of having a "2 week waiting period" on an internet forum, I feel this needs to be documented so that the users are aware of this. Making rules after the fact and then issuing warnings based on that is not very cool.

So my suggestion is: Update the rules text soon with all the "unwritten" rules regarding the appeal system. It will prevent people who can read from breaking those rules.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:19 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,395 Posts
I have added this to the suggestion list.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Things have been added to "suggestions list" for a while and they don't get done.
I feel things like >rules< that you expect your users to >follow< should probably be written out so that they can be read

Unless this "suggestion list" is publicly viewable, in which case, please provide a link to it on the rules page with a comment like "for any rules additions, please see < link here >".
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:10 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,395 Posts
We had a meeting about this and a 2 week time frame is the set amount of time for an appeal to occur. There is a waiting period to allow a cool down time. This will be added to the appeal instruction post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1551788
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Glad this has been resolved.
Closed Thread