SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:36 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
14 Posts
Question
Skyartec 705 Buddy / Trainer setup

I have two Tx705 transmitters and would like to couple them together in a Master / Student configuration.

I have two issues:

1. What sort of cable do I need to couple the controllers together? Does anyone have a pinout diagram?

2. Using the SKY705_V2 software I have configured the two transmitters as per instructions, as Master and Student with the s/n as required. Not having a cable, I turned on the Master controller by itself and found that it no longer communicates with the Rx. Is this because it is not coupled to the Student Controller?

Any advice on how to use the Trainer mode would be appreciated.

Thanks
ZippoZ is offline Find More Posts by ZippoZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:10 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoZ View Post
I have two Tx705 transmitters and would like to couple them together in a Master / Student configuration.

I have two issues:

1. What sort of cable do I need to couple the controllers together? Does anyone have a pinout diagram?

2. Using the SKY705_V2 software I have configured the two transmitters as per instructions, as Master and Student with the s/n as required. Not having a cable, I turned on the Master controller by itself and found that it no longer communicates with the Rx. Is this because it is not coupled to the Student Controller?

Any advice on how to use the Trainer mode would be appreciated.

Thanks
these are most excellent questions. I hope we can get some more information from the factory. i have not seen the trainer cable available on our distributor price lists, but will check with the factory

Update: according to the factory agent, the two transmitters link using the radio signal and do not require a cable to connect the Master to the Student; sorry I missed this one totally, as i though they would require a cable;
I will try to get the next one right!

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Mar 13, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:32 PM
freexgroup
Joined Feb 2006
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
these are most excellent questions. I hope we can get some more information from the factory. i have not seen the trainer cable available on our distributor price lists, but will check with the factory

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
It is no cable for it. It use 2.4g system.

When you set up the studend and master, we just pull the master left switch.It will take the student 2.4g singal and control the rc product.
skyartec is offline Find More Posts by skyartec
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:05 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
14 Posts
Thanks for your help. I have it working now.

What threw me off was that I thought the "Master" Transmitter would be communicating with its Rx that it is bound to. But instead it is the "Student" Transmitter and its Rx that are controlling the plane.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:28 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
How do you set up the student master setup? It would be useful to use to teach some of the kids who go to the school next door. I fly on the oval and always attract a crowd when I fly after school
scrubmonkey is offline Find More Posts by scrubmonkey
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Dec 2008
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubmonkey View Post
How do you set up the student master setup? It would be useful to use to teach some of the kids who go to the school next door. I fly on the oval and always attract a crowd when I fly after school
Using the Skyartec Software you configure the Trainer Master and Student in each transmitter with the options on the Information Tab of the Software. Only the Sky705 or Sky706 have this option. Once both are setup the connection between them is wireless, no cable necessary

Regards
Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:43 AM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
Is there any way to wipe the transmitter and then re program it or something? The cable was broken that connected it to the computer and it kept on shorting across or some thing like that bu the cable is fixed and tested but it says that the tx is corrupt or along those lines. It still works fine with the plane though.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined Dec 2008
961 Posts
Quote:
Is there any way to wipe the transmitter and then re program it or something? The cable was broken that connected it to the computer and it kept on shorting across or some thing like that bu the cable is fixed and tested but it says that the tx is corrupt or along those lines. It still works fine with the plane though.
Do you have the Sky 705 or the Sky 706 Transmitter?

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:53 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
I have the sky 705. It was the original tx that came with the Cessna which had flaps
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Dec 2008
961 Posts
Quote:
I have the sky 705. It was the original tx that came with the Cessna which had flaps
Ouch. The Sky 706 has the option to upgrade or reinstall the firmware on the information tab page.
You said you fixed the cable; so you tested the fixed cable on another Sky705 or Sky 706 to confirm it is working?
Sounds like you will need to get a new transmitter or have the board in your's replaced. If the firmware won't take any configuration changes then it sounds like the framework programming is messed up on the PROM Chip on the board.

I just don't have any other solutions for you. Because of the distance between us and you, the shipping fee alone would be over $35 just for a new Tx.. Maybe contact a dealer in your part of the world and see about a replacement

Regards
Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:38 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
I asked the Australian distributor and he said he didn't have any. I need to up grade to a decent tx any way since only some brands are allowed to be used at maaa fields (equivalent of the AMA I think)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:23 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
14 Posts
Scrubmonkey, I suggest you re-check your USB cable and confirm on another TX that it is working. I had a problem with my cable that caused quite a bit of frustration.

There is a pinout diagram in this thread:

I bought a new connector from Jaycar for about a $1 to connect to the transmitter. Since fixing that I have had flawless communication from pc to TX.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:28 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
14 Posts
Hmm...

Lets try again with that link...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1382487

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1382487
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:01 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
I looked at the diagram and did the same thing buying a connector from jaycar. Tested it and it was fine. There is a message that pops up on the computer saying that it is corrupted