HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Hey Jay, I only had to mess up the very first load of laundry for MT to declare I didn't do it ever again. hahahaha. Smart enough to play dumb??? Yep!!!

Buzz, Sure am interested in your findings. Without a repeater...I just can't see much range out of a wifi setup. Sure hope you prove me wrong.

Durk, hope ya get that van back. I know your getting attached to that rental. hahaha

Lee
Well, so far I've been able to fly over my 5 acres at about 150-200ft. It really looks weird to finally be flying above the trees. But, if I ever had a problem in the air... I'd go down in a sea of pine trees. I REALLY need to get a very loud location squealer.

Lee, we're all very proud of your skills at playing dumb. I do the same thing!
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
11,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
I thought cranky was yer normal!
Well, it's not as bad as falling into the ocean and not being able to get up!
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,754 Posts
Was out for Chinese Buffet with my wife, daughter and son inlaw. Got so little sleep last night that I went to bed when I got home. Just woke up and called the shop, van will be ready first thing in the morning.

Took a sleeping pill and going back to bed. Hope to get dome shut eye. May perk in here now and then if I get awake later on.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
11,506 Posts
The Funniest Lunch !

I met my wife for lunch at our favorite BBQ restaurant. We were sitting in a booth and this elderly man came in, pushing a 3 wheel cart that contained an oxygen generator. His wife was right behind him....and when he walked to a booth (he was wearing shorts) my eye caught what I though was this guy's ... ahem...
scrotum ... hanging down to his calf!! The couple sat down and I whispered to my wife..."look over your left shoulder...". She did and when she turned around there was a look of terror on her face. LOLOL The waitress brought our food out and my wife told her (she's a friend of ours) to look at the guy. She turned around with a look of horror on HER face! "Is that what I think it is?" I was laughing so hard I choked. So, she went back to the kitchen and told the rest of the female servers to go to this guy's table and ask if the meal was ok. They all came back wide eyed!
It wasn't what they thought it was..... this guy had a urine bag strapped to his leg with shorts on and it was almost down to his ankle!

I mean....come on will ya? Give us all a break and wear some long pants!!! His wife had to have seen it as she followed him. I didn't look over at him again. I was trying to eat! So, I looked over at the couple across the aisle and this guy had a 357 Magnum pistol on his side! I think I threw up a little bit.
It's legal to carry an exposed weapon in FL.... but it's always a shock to see someone actually doing it.
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM
keep um between the tree's
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Feb 2013
1,255 Posts
not sure if you guys are into fantasy football but i am and am 1 and 1 with a smack down this week of my opponet for the win . here is my team =
Joe Flacco
(Bal - QB)
LeSean McCoy
(Phi - RB)
Stevan Ridley
(NE - RB)
Dez Bryant
(Dal - WR)
T.Y. Hilton
(Ind - WR)
Antonio Gates
(SD - TE)
Knile Davis
(KC - RB)
STARTERS ABOVE AND BENCH BLEOW
Alex Smith
(KC - QB)
Andre Ellington
(Ari - RB)
DeAngelo Williams
(Car - RB)
Doug Baldwin
(Sea - WR)
Kendall Wright
(Ten - WR)
Garrett Graham
(Hou - TE)

the nyjets are defense ,matt ryan my kicker

glad you are getting your ride back durk = sounds like you need the rest man?

buzz , yes that was a full meal deal foresure = not sure i would have likeD all of that GOING ON WITH MY MEAL ?

tracy
kildar is online now Find More Posts by kildar
Last edited by kildar; Yesterday at 03:41 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM
Childlike Activity for Adults
United States, MA, Cummington
Joined Dec 2012
2,948 Posts
The gun laws in this country are crazy confusing with each state having its own laws which are the States' rights. So Buzz in FL it's legal to carry openly is it also legal to carry concealed with a special license? Or do you need a license to own a handgun which then allows one to openly carry? In MA one can carry a concealed handgun with a license to carry, but I believe it is illegal to carry a handgun openly, and a concealed handgun must be concealed the way I understand the gun laws.

Wearing a urine bag openly without a license should be illegal

Lee- Good move on the laundry. For a long time I wasn't allowed to do laundry and life around JaysterAcres was very good. Then I slipped up and did some laundry successfully during a solo period due to necessity and stupidly admitted to wifey upon her return that I actually read those laundry labels they sew into clothing and stuff that gets washed and I was toast and I am smart enough not to mix stuff that has any potential whatsoever to bleed or I know that I may "bleed" as a result. And good luck with the Doctor and the meds.

Tracy- that reads like a pretty decent deal with the "management"; it frees up some RC money.

Kyle- I take it easy mowing that slope. My alma mater, PSU did this really decent Tractor Rollover Study many years ago. It was a really carefully designed study and very graphic . It should be required reading for any tractor owner/operator. It made me a safe operator. I am afraid of my chainsaw which makes me a safe operator. I respect my power equipment and wear protective eye/ear/head gear and gloves when/where applicable. Even that electric wood splitter can generate enough pressure on gnarly/knotted wood to throw stuff.

I did not overdo it today, but I will take one of those muscle relaxants tonight

JB
jbrumberg is offline Find More Posts by jbrumberg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Improving Visibility
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
11,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrumberg View Post
The gun laws in this country are crazy confusing with each state having its own laws which are the States' rights. So Buzz in FL it's legal to carry openly is it also legal to carry concealed with a special license? Or do you need a license to own a handgun which then allows one to openly carry? In MA one can carry a concealed handgun with a license to carry, but I believe it is illegal to carry a handgun openly, and a concealed handgun must be concealed the way I understand the gun laws.

Wearing a urine bag openly without a license should be illegal

Lee- Good move on the laundry. For a long time I wasn't allowed to do laundry and life around JaysterAcres was very good. Then I slipped up and did some laundry successfully during a solo period due to necessity and stupidly admitted to wifey upon her return that I actually read those laundry labels they sew into clothing and stuff that gets washed and I was toast and I am smart enough not to mix stuff that has any potential whatsoever to bleed or I know that I may "bleed" as a result. And good luck with the Doctor and the meds.

Tracy- that reads like a pretty decent deal with the "management"; it frees up some RC money.

Kyle- I take it easy mowing that slope. My alma mater, PSU did this really decent Tractor Rollover Study many years ago. It was a really carefully designed study and very graphic . It should be required reading for any tractor owner/operator. It made me a safe operator. I am afraid of my chainsaw which makes me a safe operator. I respect my power equipment and wear protective eye/ear/head gear and gloves when/where applicable. Even that electric wood splitter can generate enough pressure on gnarly/knotted wood to throw stuff.

I did not overdo it today, but I will take one of those muscle relaxants tonight

JB
I am certified to carry concealed. But, I can carry openly too. I don't like open display of fire arms. But one thing is for sure.... everyone is going to see that gun on his hip and .... would you mess with him or do something stupid?
Even concealed carry, as you mention, can get you in a lot of trouble if you don't conceal the gun 100%. If someone sees it and calls the cops all hell is going to break loose. People just don't like to see others carrying a gun around.
That reminds me.... I need more ammo... LOTS of ammo!!!!
Old Today, 01:33 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I am certified to carry concealed. But, I can carry openly too. I don't like open display of fire arms. But one thing is for sure.... everyone is going to see that gun on his hip and .... would you mess with him or do something stupid?
Even concealed carry, as you mention, can get you in a lot of trouble if you don't conceal the gun 100%. If someone sees it and calls the cops all hell is going to break loose. People just don't like to see others carrying a gun around.
That reminds me.... I need more ammo... LOTS of ammo!!!!
It doesn't bother me a bit to see a fella packing a sidearm. Pretty common out here. Actually makes me feel more secure, knowing that if some crazy azz city slicker tries anything, he will pay for it.
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Today, 05:59 AM
keep um between the tree's
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Feb 2013
1,255 Posts
i agree with kyle ,i think maybe it may detour a posiable crime from happening in some cases ?in others he may be just the first one whacked ?

wow guys woke up 3am and tossed and turned for a hour and had to get up ? maybe i am going to have a big day and just dont know it lol.. for now i dont have a clue what to do with my self ? drink coffee i guess and wait for the sun to come up .

ran the water hose over my trailer roof yesterday and it appears that the patch i did ,did the trick

tracy
kildar is online now Find More Posts by kildar