http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=V370D01
bymannan is offline Find More Posts by bymannan
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:42 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,669 Posts
Brushed Walkera motor... Will this one last more than 10 flights?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:05 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
This model just won't sell unless it priced at $50 or so. Brushed motors in something that size won't last very long... plus a tail motor? I mean come on....
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:13 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druss View Post
This model just won't sell unless it priced at $50 or so. Brushed motors in something that size won't last very long... plus a tail motor? I mean come on....
it Looks like their latest version of the model 4 series which like the honey bee had 370 brushed motor - the 370SH tends to have a reasonable lifespan for a brushed motor - the tail motors not so good.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:53 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bymannan View Post
Must be making it for the Heli Max market.
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:50 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
it Looks like their latest version of the model 4 series which like the honey bee had 370 brushed motor - the 370SH tends to have a reasonable lifespan for a brushed motor - the tail motors not so good.

Regards David
Possibly but in terms of their line up it's a step backwards to me. I don't understand why you would combine new (V tech) with old (brushed) when they should know that most would pay the premium for a brushless with shaft/belt driven tail.
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Old Sep 20, 2010, 03:02 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Possibly but in terms of their line up it's a step backwards to me. I don't understand why you would combine new (V tech) with old (brushed) when they should know that most would pay the premium for a brushless with shaft/belt driven tail.
The honey bee and the walkera 4 series have always been popular heli's despite the brushed motors - if the V series receiver makes it a little easier to learn on it might not be that bad an idea - problem is once you start adding brushless motors and esc you then start adding extra weight and cost - Time will tell.

and it is packaged with the new 2403 transmitter which gives better control for the beginner.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:30 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:

Somebody need to tell Esky that as well. Nobody wants brushed motors anymore like they have for main and tail on the 3 blade CT. Brushed motors might suit entry level heli buyers that fit into the under $100 range.

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:46 PM
Gunny
Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
202 Posts
looks like a new ufly that took two steps backwards first. put a tail shaft and brush-less on it and it's a fixed pitch winner. someone find out the shaft size and see if this head assembly could be put on a uflys. I wonder if we will actually see it though, i noticed a couple of the latest large models on the site never came to fruition or must of gotten pushed back, HM V450DQ01 and V450D01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Brushed Walkera motor... Will this one last more than 10 flights?
lube them up with something that has PTFE in it like tri flow. i started doing that and my brushed motors are lasting 3x longer.
fern420 is offline Find More Posts by fern420
Last edited by fern420; Sep 20, 2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:44 PM
nxx
Joined Jul 2010
15 Posts
If Walkera have a look at forum as rcg, they won't make heli like V370D01
nxx is offline Find More Posts by nxx
Old May 04, 2011, 03:38 PM
NorthCarolina
Joined Feb 2011
2 Posts
v370d01

I purchased the hm-v370d01 in febuary and found it's a good hover/slow flier but lacks the stability for fast forward flight and sudden stops. The tail can't keep up when I use my 20c li-pos but flies fine with my 15c (I ordered 2 extra batteries and they gave me 20c's) I was very disapointed to find it will NOT fly with the 20c lipos due to the tail not being able to keep up with the main rotors speed increase because of the higher output. I paid $159 for this heli and it is a beautiful machine with a full cnc alluminum head. It can crash its self as it does have an extreamly weak tail motor. Only thing that ever breaks is the main blades, even the tail blades (low clearance) stops when you lower the throttle and will not strike. The brushed motors are fine, don't let anyone fool you and they're way cheaper than brushless. Just keep them clean and lubed.
Ranoldoe is offline Find More Posts by Ranoldoe
Old Nov 24, 2011, 05:50 AM
Espaņa, CT, Barcelona
Joined Mar 2010
107 Posts
RAnoldoe!
tell me more about that heli please, are motors lasting?
I have the walkera ufly and after one year I can't make it fly. So I was thinking on an easier heli...but brushed motors are a weak point.

thanks !
graffin639 is offline Find More Posts by graffin639
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:18 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,466 Posts
In stock form, 300 size FP helis (like the UFly) can be very difficult to learn on. Their response is slow and sloppy, they tend to float and like to roll a lot. Their attraction has always been simplicity and repair costs. Given your location, a good choice for something easier than the UFly would be the Walkera CB180Z or the flybarless version of it, V120D02 or something like that (somebody else will remember). The Blade 120SR is preferred by many as a trainer, but I suspect it's pretty expensive in Europe.

I recommended the V370D01 to a beginner as his first single rotor heli about a year ago. He had to deal with constant wind, which really limits ones choices. As I recall, he was making some progress in learning, but the heli did not hold up very well, especially the motors.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Nov 24, 2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:30 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffin639 View Post
RAnoldoe!
I have the walkera ufly and after one year I can't make it fly. So I was thinking on an easier heli...but brushed motors are a weak point.

thanks !
Can you tell us what problems you are having?

The V200D01 is reported to be easier to fly than the Ufly. Going down a size, you can consider the V120D01 which will fly quite well outdoors as well.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 24, 2011, 04:09 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffin639 View Post
RAnoldoe!

thanks !
My V370d 01 was a really good trainer. The main motor lasted about 200 flights and the tail motor lasted about 60 flights. I flew it again yesterday for the first time in a while. 100% better than the CB180D outdoors. I also have a 4#6 BELL and a 4#6s. The main motor on the V370 outlasted the head on both 4#6. My Ufly flies similar now that I made it FBL. I would buy this heli again to learn on(depends on the NEW price). I think extreme makes a replacement motor with ball bearings and replacable brushes. I think you will learn to fly before the motor wares out. Here's a video of the V370 when the main motor finally quit.

V370D walk in the park with crash, motor went out (5 min 42 sec)
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100