HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined Dec 2012
128 Posts
Help!
Need help with electronics

Hi guys,

So first of all, i'd like to say that im new to the hobby, but i love aviation and R/C planes. Also english isnt my native language, so you may find some mistakes in this thread.

But lets come to my problem. As i said im pretty unexperienced. I recently found my old silverlit planes, unfortunately they dont work anymore. So i decided to take out all the electronics from them and came up with the idea to make one of them fly again because i love the look of this plane. It is made out of EPP.
In order to make it fly again, i know that i need a rx, some servos (i dont want to make a rudder if its not necessary), an esc, a motor and a battery. My question now is, what sort of electronics as listed above do i need? I'd like to order these parts from Hobbyking.com . It would be really nice if someone could tell me which would fit for my plane.

Also i have a Graupner MX-12 tx. The cheapest receiver for this one i found costs about 70 $. But on hobbyking i saw some receivers which are way cheaper . Can I make one of these work with my MX-12 or is it better to buy a cheap tx and rx from Hobbyking.com?

Here are some photos of the plane. I hope you guys can judge it from these, if not tell me what other angels/whatever you need from the plane and i try to upload these.

I hope someone can help me =)

Cheers,
MogA is offline Find More Posts by MogA
Last edited by MogA; Dec 05, 2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to say that i dont want to make a rudder if its not necessary
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Dec 2012
128 Posts
I just realised that i posted this in the completly wrong forum, I'm sorry for that.
Could someone whos able to do it please move it to the right forum (beginner forum).
Again sorry for posting it in the wrong forum.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:28 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,945 Posts
Welcome to RC Groups. You can only use a receiver that is compatible with the Graupner 2.4 protocol. I took a quick look at the Hobby King web site and didn't see any listed for Graupner, but you might ask on their forum.

If you'd like your thread moved to a different forum, just click on the "Report" button on the top right had side of your post and ask a moderator to move it.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:25 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,024 Posts
It looks like that plane was stored in a very hot area. With all of that warping, You would be better off with a new one.
Ron H is offline Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:00 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,263 Posts
^ This is true. The wing, rudder and tailplane are just too warped. The flight would likely be a very short and an uncontrollable one.
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,340 Posts
wow ! im not sure it will fly again. for the money you would have to spend you could get the bixler or something in that style all ready to fly
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Dec 2012
128 Posts
This is because it was stored under a table which pressed on the right way, i can make that go back to its normal position i guess. Will it still be a problem then? Also i have a second silverlit plane without any electronics. Its a bit smaller and looks a bit more like a jet. Would it be possible with this one? Heres the link to the silverlit page. As i said no more electronics in it: http://shop.silverlit.com/toys/air-a...pable-box.html .
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:37 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,060 Posts
Throw it in the trash and don't waste time on it. It's better to get a new hobby grade airplane.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:24 PM
Dixie Sky Devils AMA# 1015548
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Oct 2012
1,137 Posts
I'm with the others! If the plane has sentimental value to you, hang it up with fishing line and look at it... with the $$$ you would have spent you could got to a web site,(if you in the US, one of my favorite sites is Value Hobby) and buy a new hobby grade plane that will fly great! and ValueHobby.com has good prices on planes & electronics as well. Happy Flying!
tupeloflyer is offline Find More Posts by tupeloflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig New ARF 4 Star 64
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
Dixie Sky Devils AMA# 1015548
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Oct 2012
1,137 Posts
http://www.valuehobby.com/airplanes/...ver-ready.html Buy you a Rx and get this!
tupeloflyer is offline Find More Posts by tupeloflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig New ARF 4 Star 64
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined Dec 2012
128 Posts
OK thanks guys for answering and saving me the money =P. The jet from valuehobby looks even cooler than mine! Unfortunately i dont live in the US, so i wont be able to buy one =(