HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:53 PM
Good for what ALES you
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Jan 2009
449 Posts
Contest
SVSS Monthly ALES Contest – October 20th in Davis, CA

Nothing beats soaring in October in NorCal and our next ALES contest looks like it will be another great day. How do you eclipse our previous club contests? I don't know yet, but I have a week to come up with something!

Our Pilots’ Meeting will be at 9:30 and first flights at 10am. Entry fee is $10 and AMA membership is required. Lunch is available for $5 and now that Chef Kev is flying, he and I may tag-team the grill.

For directions, visit our website at http://www.svss.org/

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
awilmunder is offline Find More Posts by awilmunder
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:30 AM
Good for what ALES you
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Jan 2009
449 Posts
Temps in the high 70's, light cloud cover, and barely a breeze should make the perfect setting for our October ALES contest. This week is the 101st anniversary of Orvile Wright's 9 minute and 45 second glider flight at Kill Devil Hills, a record that stood for 10 years, so this seems appropriate for us to celebrate with a mass launch and a mass lunch.

Pilots' meeting will be at 9:30 on Saturday with first launch at 10am. Entry for the event is $10 with a picnic lunch at noon for just $5.

BTW... I suspect that Orville was sloping, not thermaling.
awilmunder is offline Find More Posts by awilmunder