Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:02 PM
Avoid The Ground!
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Sep 2008
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYGUY24/7 View Post
sorry we havn'et that one up yet please use yourhobbyshoppe@gmail.com
You gotta get that straightened out. gmail takes away credibility in a business from the get go. Just my 2 cents.
Flexserve is offline Find More Posts by Flexserve
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:07 PM
Insert witty comment here...
Scranton Pa
Joined Jun 2008
203 Posts
One thing I notice is most of the people who complain about bh or hsw etc. have something in common. Usually very illiterate typing. Punctuation, sentence forming, and paragraph building are awful. There akin to a young teenager. Or the more simple thing is there called band wagon jumpers, trolls.

I frequent all 3 forums and many topics and only in this form of planes do I see soooo much complaining. Only thing I ever saw close to this was 2 guys who are relentless when it comes to the mt70 twin engine. Maybe I don't see it much anywhere else as bigger planes cost more then 5 edfs combined. IE older people less whiny immature people. Again this vendor bashing and over promoting is getting out of hand.
Curt S is offline Find More Posts by Curt S
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:12 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexserve View Post
What a shame people choose to resort to trickery for a competitive advantage.
Got that right. Another saying I love. Come clean dirty!
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:13 PM
T-28C, Extra 300, Beast UMX
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
529 Posts
Why so many domain names, e-mail addresses and doing-business-as names (e.g., Chucks Hobbies, YourHobbyShoppeWarehouse, HSW)? Seems confusing at best.

And if there is so much history and experience with these other operations, why does it sound like so much is being learned about basic business approach?

Also, a suggestion. Compare the way that Pete at BH and some of his CSRs who post here (e.g., Lauren) manage disputes and complaints with how HSW and the fanbase respond - one is definitely a higher class approach - and a significant element of why I will NEVER spend money at HSW.

And I agree with Flexserve about the gmail address, total amateur approach for anyone who has ever dealt with Godaddy.com, it takes MINUTES to set things like that up. Your website is the PRIMARY means of communication with your customers in this business - skipping important foundational steps like that during the foundational setup begs questions about overall competency.

First impressions (even for 'experienced' vendors) are very important, the inability to ask a couple simple questions via e-mail to HSW, at the address they put up on their website was a major red flag for me, and that was before all the mudslinging that turned me off permananetly from HSW.

You gotta get your act together BEFORE you throw the switch or you are virtually guaranteed to have the issues that HSW seems to be having so far.
GimpyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GimpyPilot
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:34 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,389 Posts
Gimpy, thanks for helping us grow. We are working on it, but just like HobbyLobby and BananaHobby, they had growing pains too and it wasn't all ironed out overnight or even over the course of the first few months that they were opened. They had issues when they first started. Matter of fact, it wasn't until last year when the new owner of HobbyLobby took over than did they make a 180. With regards to BananaHobby, we have been hearing from Pete over the last 1 1/2 years that they are "trying" to improve. Jumping on the "bandwagon" may be the case for a few, but not all of his clientele. Anyone that jumps on a bandwagon without looking at facts are truly ignorant, however, those that are tired of the usually overpriced market that EDF's have become, you can't fault them for being excited when a new company like HSW comes along and brings back that love that they lost.

BTW, Chucks Hobbies is an affiliate of Chuck w/ HobbyShopWarehouse. HSW is just an abbreviation of HobbyShopwarehouse. The current email that works is at YourHobbyShoppe.com. My email for my personal business doesnt match because its already taken with a particular company, it doesn't mean that I'm trying to pull a fast one on anyone. It just means that that name is taken already. Its only confusing because your allowing it to be confusing. In time these things will be straightened out.

Again GimpyPilot. Were sorry that you won't consider us right now, and we understand that doesn't mean forever, so hopefully when we get these issues ironed out, then maybe you'll consider us?

Sincerely,

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyPilot View Post
Why so many domain names, e-mail addresses and doing-business-as names (e.g., Chucks Hobbies, YourHobbyShoppeWarehouse, HSW)? Seems confusing at best.

And if there is so much history and experience with these other operations, why does it sound like so much is being learned about basic business approach?

Also, a suggestion. Compare the way that Pete at BH and some of his CSRs who post here (e.g., Lauren) manage disputes and complaints with how HSW and the fanbase respond - one is definitely a higher class approach - and a significant element of why I will NEVER spend money at HSW.

And I agree with Flexserve about the gmail address, total amateur approach for anyone who has ever dealt with Godaddy.com, it takes MINUTES to set things like that up. Your website is the PRIMARY means of communication with your customers in this business - skipping important foundational steps like that during the foundational setup begs questions about overall competency.

First impressions (even for 'experienced' vendors) are very important, the inability to ask a couple simple questions via e-mail to HSW, at the address they put up on their website was a major red flag for me, and that was before all the mudslinging that turned me off permananetly from HSW.

You gotta get your act together BEFORE you throw the switch or you are virtually guaranteed to have the issues that HSW seems to be having so far.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:36 PM
Norcross Ga
Joined Aug 2010
111 Posts
Well, I will continue to post my experience with HSW just to let people know how it goes. Like I said I earn my money so when I am out 300 dollars and have nothing to show for it I get a little upset. Then i get conflicting stories about my shipment so I get more upset. As far as I can tell my planes still have not left China and the last EMS tracking info shows it from the 19th with no updates since then. Trust me I would be more than happy to also give praise where it is due. I don't know about the other poster who had the same claim as me but I did file a dispute on paypal in order to protect myself. You only have 45 days to make a dispute and I was close to the 30 day mark.
When this gets resolved I will post again.
Stretch1202 is offline Find More Posts by Stretch1202
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:44 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkylineFlyer View Post
Gimpy, thanks for helping us grow. We are working on it, but just like HobbyLobby and BananaHobby, they had growing pains too and it wasn't all ironed out overnight or even over the course of the first few months that they were opened. They had issues when they first started. Matter of fact, it wasn't until last year when the new owner of HobbyLobby took over than did they make a 180. With regards to BananaHobby, we have been hearing from Pete over the last 1 1/2 years that they are "trying" to improve. Jumping on the "bandwagon" may be the case for a few, but not all of his clientele. Anyone that jumps on a bandwagon without looking at facts are truly ignorant, however, those that are tired of the usually overpriced market that EDF's have become, you can't fault them for being excited when a new company like HSW comes along and brings back that love that they lost.

BTW, Chucks Hobbies is an affiliate of Chuck w/ HobbyShopWarehouse. HSW is just an abbreviation of HobbyShopwarehouse. The current email that works is at YourHobbyShoppe.com. My email for my personal business doesnt match because its already taken with a particular company, it doesn't mean that I'm trying to pull a fast one on anyone. It just means that that name is taken already. Its only confusing because your allowing it to be confusing. In time these things will be straightened out.

Again GimpyPilot. Were sorry that you won't consider us right now, and we understand that doesn't mean forever, so hopefully when we get these issues ironed out, then maybe you'll consider us?

Sincerely,

Jon
Skyline, Here is my .02 cents on orders.

- people want a little reassurance when buying online, simply getting a order confirmation with a order number, and follow up tracking number when the item ships goes a LONG way in settling peoples nerves. I think this is why some online vendors do so well because they have this process locked down.
I personally didnt care for just paypaling Chuck and not getting some sort of order number back, as it also would be a reference tool to use when talking in the future that either party can look up when/if needed

- Somewhat accurate inventory information, in your case like others suggested state wether an item is warehoused in the usa or drop shipped from china ( Hobbyking comes to mind with this method having idential items listed from different warehouses)
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch1202 View Post
Well, I will continue to post my experience with HSW just to let people know how it goes. Like I said I earn my money so when I am out 300 dollars and have nothing to show for it I get a little upset. Then i get conflicting stories about my shipment so I get more upset. As far as I can tell my planes still have not left China and the last EMS tracking info shows it from the 19th with no updates since then. Trust me I would be more than happy to also give praise where it is due. I don't know about the other poster who had the same claim as me but I did file a dispute on paypal in order to protect myself. You only have 45 days to make a dispute and I was close to the 30 day mark.
When this gets resolved I will post again.
I can tell you from personal experience that tracking numbers this day and age don't equate to them all being the same. Meaning, that some tracking #'s for whatever reason are updated regulary and others get no updating until they have been received by us the customers. Please do keep us informed, but as we have addressed this issue with you, please understand that once it hits the shipping companies hand, we ALL are held at their mercy.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:47 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkylineFlyer View Post
I can tell you from personal experience that tracking numbers this day and age don't equate to them all being the same. Meaning, that some tracking #'s for whatever reason are updated regulary and others get no updating until they have been received by us the customers. Please do keep us informed, but as we have addressed this issue with you, please understand that once it hits the shipping companies hand, we ALL are held at their mercy.
I do agree, USPS has the worst tracking system ever, but its still a little sign of assurance that someone will get their order.

UPS and Fedex seem to have the most accurate up to date tracking.
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:48 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,389 Posts
I agree with ALL of you guys, but this company is brand new. HobbyCity was not that way when they first started. They ALL had growing issues that were not fixed overnight. I'm going to start a thread over in the vendor section asking people what they would like to see change for HobbyShopWarehouse. Then we will STRIVE at getting those things corrected. Believe you me, we want this fixed.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher41 View Post
Skyline, Here is my .02 cents on orders.

- people want a little reassurance when buying online, simply getting a order confirmation with a order number, and follow up tracking number when the item ships goes a LONG way in settling peoples nerves. I think this is why some online vendors do so well because they have this process locked down.
I personally didnt care for just paypaling Chuck and not getting some sort of order number back, as it also would be a reference tool to use when talking in the future that either party can look up when/if needed

- Somewhat accurate inventory information, in your case like others suggested state wether an item is warehoused in the usa or drop shipped from china ( Hobbyking comes to mind with this method having idential items listed from different warehouses)
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
586 Posts

well, I don't know what is going on but
I had luck with BH and I am trying my luck with HSW this
time... Still I don't know yet, just give it a try, wait and see :-)

peace out
tomcee is offline Find More Posts by tomcee
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:50 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher41 View Post
I do agree, USPS has the worst tracking system ever, but its still a little sign of assurance that someone will get their order.

UPS and Fedex seem to have the most accurate up to date tracking.
Right, but were are talking EMS or whatever route this particular item went from China. Some shipping methods will have a tracking # from there and it will take 45 days for some, where others will take 3-5 days. Frustrating to say the least.

I'm headed over to the vendor section. Lets continue this over there.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:52 PM
T-28C, Extra 300, Beast UMX
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
529 Posts
Jon,

I appreciate the positive tone you attempt to bring but understand when I say NEVER it means NEVER. Since I also fly full size and every dollar I spend on RC is a dollar I don't get to spend on the real thing, my spends are limited, not much lost for you guys, but a matter of principle for me.

That said, you need to have Chuck setup a POP3 email account on the HSW domain that forwards to your personal e-mail to avoid the confusion - these things are easy to do and go a long way towards establishing credibility. Godaddy can help - should be part of Chuck's hosting plan.

I don't understand how HSW can be considered a 'start-up' that should be forgiven for suffering 'growing pains' if it is associated with an established vendor that is a sponsor of RCG. I just don't buy that and it makes me question the whole 'learning how to do this' justification of some of the delays and miscommunications that have happened here at RCG.

And once again please pay attention - HSW needs to stand on the merits of what it does or tries to do right - the endless fingerpointing and talking down of what are in many cases openly known issues with other vendors cheapens the conversation and makes you all who work for or support HSW look small.

Stop telling us everyone else sucks because they can't deliver on time, only to have the same issues and then use the same excuses. The buy 1 get 1 business model is different and could go a long way towards building a successful enterprise, but only if there is execution behind it. Not talk, but actual product in hand to the guys who ordered it.

Negative marketing, like other forms of negative advertising (think politics) always comes with a risk of blowback. HSW should stand on its own business model, and its own performance - the comparisons eventually run thin, especially when the same excuses that make the other guys 'bad' are being used.

Take that for what it is meant to be, constructive criticism, and see if it is useful.
GimpyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GimpyPilot
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:56 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,302 Posts
Pat, let me know when you get one of these, IF you get one of these. There's too much BS in ths thread for me to sift through it, but I am interested in this plane.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Sep 22, 2010, 05:00 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,389 Posts
Gimpy thanks my friend. When I was brought on board, I too didn't undestand the whole thing with Chuck hobbies and how they are affliated. That being said, its not a cover up. I don't expect you to trust me as you don't unfortunately know me.

And for the record, we have ended and (Chuck, LOL) our finger pointing. Again, anyone that continues to finger point are not Chuck, myself or anyone affiliated with HobbyShopWarehouse. If its a customer of ours, its out of our control as we have no right policing anyone, customer or not. They will ultimitely do what they want to do, but again, just to reitterate, we NO longer point fingers at ANY company out there. I for one will not tolerate it as it serve no purpose. Any fingerpointing from anyone at our company from here on out will be immediately dismissed. Including me. Oh CRAP, what did I just get myself into. LOL.

Jon

PS, here is our thread in the vendor section to help us grow. Any constructive criticism that you want to send our way, put it in there and we will happily address it.

Take care Gimpy,

Jon

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post16117405

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyPilot View Post
Jon,

I appreciate the positive tone you attempt to bring but understand when I say NEVER it means NEVER. Since I also fly full size and every dollar I spend on RC is a dollar I don't get to spend on the real thing, my spends are limited, not much lost for you guys, but a matter of principle for me.

That said, you need to have Chuck setup a POP3 email account on the HSW domain that forwards to your personal e-mail to avoid the confusion - these things are easy to do and go a long way towards establishing credibility. Godaddy can help - should be part of Chuck's hosting plan.

I don't understand how HSW can be considered a 'start-up' that should be forgiven for suffering 'growing pains' if it is associated with an established vendor that is a sponsor of RCG. I just don't buy that and it makes me question the whole 'learning how to do this' justification of some of the delays and miscommunications that have happened here at RCG.

And once again please pay attention - HSW needs to stand on the merits of what it does or tries to do right - the endless fingerpointing and talking down of what are in many cases openly known issues with other vendors cheapens the conversation and makes you all who work for or support HSW look small.

Stop telling us everyone else sucks because they can't deliver on time, only to have the same issues and then use the same excuses. The buy 1 get 1 business model is different and could go a long way towards building a successful enterprise, but only if there is execution behind it. Not talk, but actual product in hand to the guys who ordered it.

Negative marketing, like other forms of negative advertising (think politics) always comes with a risk of blowback. HSW should stand on its own business model, and its own performance - the comparisons eventually run thin, especially when the same excuses that make the other guys 'bad' are being used.

Take that for what it is meant to be, constructive criticism, and see if it is useful.
Closed Thread