Closed Thread
Old Jul 26, 2014, 06:49 AM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,632 Posts
Discussion
Inverza-62 ARF by Hangar-9

I looked hard for a thread here on this but seemingly there isn't any,i really would like it to be discussed here,i have the Inverza-280 & Inverza-33 and have to say since i saw this one ohh i would not say no if one rolled in to my hangar at some stage.... Not to mention the 33 and 280 just fly unreal,amazing planes...Hard to explain how good they fly and even the 280 is so locked in and feels like a much larger plane,it does share very similar flying charachteristics to the larger 33 version,even though it's so small and a foamie you definately can tell they are related. I will have to talk nice to nicola and remind her of the future occasions on the way haha...

So anyone building an electric or gas one? if so please share some pics I know the thread over on FG is going well and a lot of guys are building these,Would be nice to see some builds here!

It seems both power plants seem very attractive,the electric and Two stroke version,i love the idea of the fuel injection on the 62motor,its really modernising two stroke engines.

Very sorry if there is a thread here already on this,i know this plane is out for a while so i have no problem locking up this thread if there is one already.

Cheers
-Dan

Key Features

A unique design with a high-level of precision and performance attention
Modeled after the Kevin Kimball Inverza™ monoplane
Vibrant color scheme by Mirco Pecorari offers great visibility
Super-light wing loading provides outstanding 3D stability
Laser-cut accurate, balsa/balsa-plywood construction delivers a rigid structure
Two-piece, plug-in wings with aluminum-tube wing joiner
Removable two-piece horizontal stab with dual aluminum tubes for easy transport
Large control surfaces offer incredible response
Genuine UltraCote® covering and factory applied graphics
Painted high-strength aluminum landing gear
Pre-fitted hinges and low parts count help the build go quickly
Large removable top-hatch with tinted canopy and cockpit detail
Gas/petrol ready fuel tank
High-quality hardware package features ball-links with turnbuckles
Optional electric motor conversion kit

Overview

The Hangar 9® Inverza™ 62 ARF airplane is based on the Inverza dream project lead by full-scale aircraft builder Kevin Kimball. Although yet to be built, its announcement has turned the aerobatic community on its ear with a unique blend of style and performance. As a tribute to that bold vision, the Inverza 62 has been designed to deliver versatile performance with a refined blend of precision and hardcore 3D agility. Everything about its design, from its fit and finish to its original outline, reflects exceptional attention to the needs of performance minded pilots. It’s massive control surfaces, and large wing area makes it predictable in slow flight and stable during the most demanding 3D maneuvers.

Its two-piece wing connects with a sturdy aluminum wing tube and the ailerons and elevators feature pre-fitted hinges so you can get flying faster. The oversized hatch features a tinted canopy, scale instrument detail and an ideal location for the 30–33% scale pilot figure of your choice. Other great features include factory painted aluminum landing gear, plus a factory painted fiberglass cowl and matching wheel pants. Covered in genuine UltraCote®, its balsa/balsa-plywood structure is strong and light, while the original Mirco Pecorari design scheme offers stunning looks, incredible ground presence and high visibility in the air.

The Hangar 9 Inverza 62 clearly reflects what has been missing from the world of giant-scale freestyle and precision aerobatics and has all the makings of becoming the next influential design of the scale aerobatics interest. But if you want to add the ultimate in reliability in addition to great handling, match your airplane with the Evolution® 62GXi 62cc gas engine with SureFire™ electronic fuel-injection technology. The result is a level unprecedented performance, the likes of which the 50–60cc class aerobatic category has never seen. So if you want to make a bold impression at your next 3D fun-fly or scale-aerobatics contest, pack the Hangar 9 Inverza 62 and be part of the next aerobatics revolution.

Product Specifications
Wingspan: 88.0 in (2235mm)
Overall Length: 84.8 in (2153mm)
Wing Area: 1,600 sq. in. (103 sq. dm.)
Flying Weight: 17 lb (7.7 kg)
Engine Size: 62cc 2-stroke gas
Motor Size: Power 360 outrunner
Radio: 6+ channel radio system
Servos: (5) ultra-torque standard servos
Trim Scheme Colors: UltraCote Flame Red (U883), Midnight Blue (U885), White (U870)
Wing Loading: 24.5 oz/sq ft
Prop Size: 23 x 9 - 25 x 12
Spinner Size: 3.5 in (89mm) P-51 lighting back plate
Speed Control : 160-amp brushless
Recommended Battery: 44.4V 12S 5000mAh 30C LiPo flight pack (6S x 2)
Flaps: No
Retracts: No
Approx. Flying Duration: 10 minutes for gas setup, 5 minutes on EP
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: 7-9 Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes

Needed to Complete

Recommended Radio Equipment
2-stroke Gas
Electric Setup
flightpunch34 is online now Find More Posts by flightpunch34
Last edited by flightpunch34; Jul 26, 2014 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Adding some pics to post
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2014, 07:16 AM
Australia, NSW, Bankstown
Joined Jul 2014
17 Posts
I think hanger 9 has out done them self, bought
king3d is offline Find More Posts by king3d
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:33 AM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,632 Posts
King 3D,

Great stuff,i think they have really delivered the goods too,the sheer size and looks of this thing,i would love one... but unfortunately right now my budget is spent cause i am just after completing the 33 inverza,but definately i would like to see one in my future,i would love to take one to where i fly my Inverza and give it a go,from what i have seen the plane flies unreal.

For what you get and the quality of the kit i think it's not expensive at all..... Just IMO...

For me i like to do these builds in degrees,start with the airframe and just add bits to complete it as i go,nice and enjoyable that way and works out less expensive.

video from HH and video at joe nall 2014i found on you tube and floating around facebook,looks awesome,these are actually great videos.

-Dan

Hangar 9 Inverza 62 with Evolution 62cc Gas Engine w/ SureFire EFI (3 min 8 sec)

Joe Nall 2014 - Team Horizon - Inverza 62 team (5 min 51 sec)
Old Jul 26, 2014, 06:13 PM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,632 Posts
Sorry guys i just found a thread while looking through google and this one popped up,shame it didnt earlier on before i went to this effort, anyway not to worry,,my apologies!

This looks like a very nice thread here and hopefully it will come back to life.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2072854
Closed Thread