HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2013, 11:39 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
2,007 Posts
Discussion
Music Wire strut steerable C Clip

Does anybody have a better method than to add a C clip near the bottomw of the music wire to keep the 3mm music wire strut from falling into the retract besides trying to cut a groove into the wire with a dremel disk and then using a C clip ?

Are there other options Im missing ?
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2013, 08:06 PM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,824 Posts
On the wheel side of the retract? If so, a wheel collar will do. If you mean, inside the retract, there isn't much room for anything but a clip.
Wintr is offline Find More Posts by Wintr
Old Jul 09, 2013, 08:36 PM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintr View Post
On the wheel side of the retract? If so, a wheel collar will do. If you mean, inside the retract, there isn't much room for anything but a clip.
Inside the retract other side of the trunion. Pita.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:46 AM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,824 Posts
Yeah, big PITA. While the wire was still straight, I chucked it into a drill, put the drill in a bench vise, then set it turning. Then, I gently touched my Dremel cut-off wheel against it, to carve the groove. After that, I bent the wire to form the axle.
Wintr is offline Find More Posts by Wintr
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:16 AM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintr View Post
Yeah, big PITA. While the wire was still straight, I chucked it into a drill, put the drill in a bench vise, then set it turning. Then, I gently touched my Dremel cut-off wheel against it, to carve the groove. After that, I bent the wire to form the axle.
Yeh I did something similar with my dremel in the vise. I ended up with a crude groove but I put a clip on it this morning to test and it looks like it may work, maybe a dab of epoxy too.