SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:41 AM
USA, NJ, Denville
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
Discussion
Back again looking for RTF/Dime Store stuff

Hi, guys! I just realized I haven't posted in probably a YEAR! I've been REALLY busy at work. Since warm weather is when I tend to get involved with attending vintage racing & working on my own automotive projects, I just plain lost track of my other hobbies. Although I started out specifically looking for North Pacific stuff, I've pretty much found many of the birds I wanted. The only one left that I'm still looking for is the Astro Gnat. An ebay guy has 2 of them, but he says they're promotional models & don't carry the original graphics. I'm not really into "rarities" like that, but I'm finding my interest in these simple planes is expanding & I find myself now looking at stuff I never new existed. I think I'm addicted...

Recently I've been noticing that all the "normal" venues (like e-bay) for nut jobs like me that collect RTF/Dime Store planes have had really slim pickings, so I'm making another plea to anyone that has those types of things they think I might find intersting that they might want to sell. I hope I'm not being too selfish...

Please PM me if you're interested.

You guys have been great so far assisting in my efforts!!

Tommy
LS6 Tommy is offline Find More Posts by LS6 Tommy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:30 AM
Let it Be
USA, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Jul 2004
316 Posts
You might want to take a look at the American Junior repro web site at:

http://www.americanjuniorclassics.co...toreindex2.htm

I just ordered an AJ Hornet, which was the very first rubber powered plane I ever flew succesfully back in the 1950's as a kid (I'm still a kid).

Dave
dhable is offline Find More Posts by dhable
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:05 AM
USA, NJ, Denville
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhable View Post
You might want to take a look at the American Junior repro web site at:

http://www.americanjuniorclassics.co...toreindex2.htm

I just ordered an AJ Hornet, which was the very first rubber powered plane I ever flew succesfully back in the 1950's as a kid (I'm still a kid).

Dave
Thanks! I've looked there before, but it always seemed like they wer not currently producing any kits.

Tommy
LS6 Tommy is offline Find More Posts by LS6 Tommy