HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by rwood, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:34 AM
Daly City, CA
Joined Mar 2004
51 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
Pro Boat Arleigh Burke

This is a PRO-BOAT 1:144 Arleigh Burke destroyer, ready for the lake (no assembly required). This model was offered as part of their scale model military program, and its original cost was $599 (without an R/Cradio, NIMH battery and/or charger). ASKING PRICE: $499 or Best Offer, ready to run, with radio and batteries. Note: All photos on this page were shot by Rob Wood at Spreckels Lake in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, on November 25th, 2012.

The owner purchased the model less than 1 month ago from a local hobby shop in San Francisco, and has run it less than one hour. Why? Because he discovered that he's just not into military boats. This boat is in like-new condition, still in in its original box.

Details

Scale: 1/141
Length: 43 in (1090mm)
Beam: 6 in (156mm)
Motor Size: 390-size x 2
Drive System: Dual direct drive system
Weight: 5 lb + 5 lb ballast weight (not included)
Radio: Futaba 3PRKA (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum), 2.4GHZ-FHSS, 3 Channel for use with surface models
Speed Control: ProBoat 50A waterproof with reverse
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Trim Scheme Colors: Gray
Battery: 7.28.4V sub-C 3000mAh, NIMH flat pack (new), with charger

Seller prefers that the buyer pick up the model in San Francisco, but is willing to discuss buyer-paid shipping costs

Please contact the seller, Don, directly: donciucci@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,

Rob Wood
rwood is offline Find More Posts by rwood
Last edited by rwood; Nov 27, 2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: error in uploading images
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:41 AM
Daly City, CA
Joined Mar 2004
51 Posts
Any interest in this ship?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:22 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,307 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
yes, but honestly these sold for 250-300 at hobby shops when proboat quit making them. Id be willing to pay 325.00 shipped to 32757 Florida. i want boat and rx/tx only. you keep batts and charger.

ive shipped these myself in the past. tower ships in its own box. the hull ships WITHOUT ballast in its own box.
stoneenforcer is offline Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Aug 2011
628 Posts
he is miss leading you I just saw one for 600 in my hobby shop and i bought it but i had to return it because a boat that i was looking for years came up and i could not keep both i love this boat sooooooo soooooooo much i would make you an offer i just have to much on my plate rite now but i would of deffinitly bought it great price
kcusumano is offline Find More Posts by kcusumano
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:45 PM
Daly City, CA
Joined Mar 2004
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcusumano View Post
he is miss leading you I just saw one for 600 in my hobby shop and i bought it but i had to return it because a boat that i was looking for years came up and i could not keep both i love this boat sooooooo soooooooo much i would make you an offer i just have to much on my plate rite now but i would of deffinitly bought it great price
This is a fantastic model: Looks great, runs great, and comes with a new radio and battery. I spent a couple of hours with this ship this past weekend, watching it run and photographing it. If I have any criticism at all of this model, it's that it has so many fine details that the operator has to be very careful when handling it. Otherwise, you can see for yourself what an excellent model it is.

As for cost: You can't buy one of these new, as Pro Boat isn't selling them anymore, and yet this one has less than 1 hour's running time, so from my point of view, it's new, and literally ready to run. I'd buy it myself if I had a single shelf in my house that doesn't already have a ship on it!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:06 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcusumano View Post
I have to say at the time they were discontinued they were going for 250-350, but they arnt easy to find now...... there is a reason the boat is still for sale in your hobby shop. As for this boat, it has been on my list of boats to buy, looks nice. Especially since its completely rtr.
catchthis is offline Find More Posts by catchthis