SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:19 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
2,940 Posts
Trader Rating: 47
Discussion
feedback not showing up?

So I purchased an item, and the seller says his screen shows trader feedback has been left, but it's not showing up on my end, I already asked twice and don't want to bother him again...now what?

How does this get resolved?
cityevader is offline Find More Posts by cityevader
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:37 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,005 Posts
Trader Rating: 652
To be blunt, it probably doesn't. Everyone has their own opinion, but for me getting feedback from each and every person isn't worth the hassle. Sounds like you've done about all you can do at this point - I don't think a moderator is going to be able to do much.
Best,
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,940 Posts
says you with 225 points It prolly isn't worth it for you.
I'm just starting out (3 transactions so far) and would like to build a positive reputation... for whatever it is worth.
Many folks here and on Ebay strive for every single possible positive comment. And it IS worth it IMO.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:10 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,005 Posts
Trader Rating: 652
Right, I agree that when you only have a couple, it's nice to have one more. It isn't critical though. If I were considering selling something expensive to you, I'd review your prior transactions (trader rating), as well as your posts (you have a bunch, and they make you look normal - a good thing), to make sure all is copacetic. I'd sell to ya.
That said, the only way you're going to get a feedback is by asking the seller (again). If you don't want to do that, you're probably outta luck.
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:53 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
428 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
Josh is right. There is another thread on this right now. Probably 20% of your transactions are not going to get a trader rating...if not more. I know this kind of...well sucks, but keep in mind that most people will go out of their way to report a problem transaction, so if all of your's are good, then that's all you can do. Keep in mind that Josh's trades are probably quite higher than his rating....as are most.
ww2collector is online now Find More Posts by ww2collector
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:03 PM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
419 Posts
Trader Rating: 125
I think the problem is that the seller did leave feedback and his screen tells him it did. When the OP checks it doesn't show as credited to his Trader Rating. I would think that is something that needs moderator intervention; that is, as long as the seller did leave it. Wonder if the seller is saying theu see the feedback left for them?

The last feedback I see was left on 9/28/12.
JimStanmore is offline Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Plans On My Build List
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:15 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
428 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
I have only had one seller claim to leave feedback and it never appeared in my trader rating. I just figured he didn't properly complete the rating process...it is confusing to those who do not use it often. If there is a problem with the site itself, then it should be resolved. In either case, it would be nice to hear from the site administrators to verify if this is a concern.
ww2collector is online now Find More Posts by ww2collector
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:24 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,983 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
I want a TR of 35 ...by then,(in my mind),I've proven who I am to deal with,and I probably won't care any more. But I care now....

I do as Josh does- I read some posts,check TR's before I buy,and check the ads for clarity,spelling and your ability to get information to me.

I just hope they're courteous enough to return the favor.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,940 Posts
For now I'm just going to let it go. It isn't worth hassling people over as jgalexander first stated.
In the end, it isn't critical that I get it. There will be more transactions later. But since I was told a positive rating was left, I feel kinda "cheated" (not the right word but close) not actually getting it.

I agree, it is quite convoluted of a process. My first try took quite awhile (I didn't know there was a sticky because I never saw it) and seemed very round-about.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
Plane and Heli Abuser
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Aug 2010
430 Posts
Trader Rating: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityevader View Post
For now I'm just going to let it go. It isn't worth hassling people over as jgalexander first stated.
In the end, it isn't critical that I get it. There will be more transactions later. But since I was told a positive rating was left, I feel kinda "cheated" (not the right word but close) not actually getting it.

I agree, it is quite convoluted of a process. My first try took quite awhile (I didn't know there was a sticky because I never saw it) and seemed very round-about.
The best advise I can give you to build up your trader rating faster is to do a couple things.

1) Buy some items that you need/want and when you get the item(s) and are happy with the purchase, promptly leave the seller feedback and send them a PM asking if they would kindly reciprocate. I think you will find that most will.

2) Go through your shop and set aside some good lower value items that should sell quickly, it is important that you price the items to sell instantly (take a small hit on them). When you write your ad, I suggest you include photos and the price shipped, give yourself a little wiggle room and if you get an offer for a few bucks less, accept the offer give buyer your paypal info and once paid, promptly ship. At this point the buyer has honored his/her end of the deal by paying promptly, so you can leave them feedback or wait until they receive the goods, either way ask nicely if they would take a moment to rate you as a seller and leave feedback, most will leave feedback but if they don't, just move on. The key as "the seller" is keep the buyer informed, send them tracking info once you ship.

Good luck and remember that a good trader rating is earned by being honest.
Pilot in MO is offline Find More Posts by Pilot in MO
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,940 Posts
yup...just started doing that in fact!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:30 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,983 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Honesty and communication are the operative words.

If an engine has a bent fin,say so-it probably won't keep anyone from buying it,but if they discover it after the sale,it could stop a positive rating.

Communication to confirm a deal,the shipping day,and expected delivery date are all plusses.....unless it's a SIGNATURE confirmation,I say it'll take a couple of more days than I think it should(Fri.,instead of Wed.)...But delivery tracking lets a buyer see right where the item is during delivery.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member