SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:52 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,860 Posts
Wow that didnt take to long Hoping to get started in the next few days.. If work allows!
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:26 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Does a RX have to be connected for it to stat logging?

The board came with firmware loaded that allowed me to do static calibration.
After re loading firmware it now does nothing.

Only a solid red light after power up.
I did remove J4 after flashing.

I will get the PWM>PPM converter going while I wait.

edit:
Back in business.
The uSD card that worked before now does not after the firmware update.
It boots with no card installed.
The card works fine the PC

Fortunately I had a few cards around so got another that the AQ was happy with.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Last edited by Mr_westie; Oct 23, 2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:48 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,311 Posts
Good to see some progress. Now that the FCs are shipped I'm expecting to see more testers getting airborne.
Wiki overhaul will be finished soon. There's new firmware and the next version of the ground stations to be released.

That should get you guys going.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:19 AM
Italy, Marche, Mondolfo
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
also the serial radio modem is arrived...
buyed @ eforchina and arrived in perfect working state. suggested
look on the wiki for more information
gionag is offline Find More Posts by gionag
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:37 PM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
I'm just curious: When putting the AQ into a box, how much higher will the temperature be inside, compared to the outside temperature?

The reason I'm asking is that the only (hopefully) vibration-free room is the basement and that's anything but a warm room. Would a lipo heating box set to room temperature be a good idea?
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:50 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
954 Posts
Basements are often a perfect place for the static logging. How cold is yours? I would probably first try it with just an insulated container (open cell foam works great). You actually don't want the temperature to rise too quickly. The components on the AQ (especially the MCU) should heat up a small insulated container quite well. Leave it logging for at least 90 minutes the first time and then graph the temperatures from the log. If you see it is not getting warm enough, then you could try the battery heater or something like that. My concern with a heater would be a) electrical currents introducing magnetic disturbances (especially as it turns on/off), and b) heating up the board too quickly. You pretty much want it to heat up during the course of an hour or so, but longer is OK too. Quicker is not ideal.

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:19 AM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Hi Max,

it wasn't my intention to speed up the warm-up phase with the box. The basement is probably not more than 10-12 C at the moment and I doubt that the temperature will rise within the next weeks or months. I just don't see an option because you can feel the whole house shaking when a truck passes by and crosses the tram rails. Our rooms are anything but ideal for the logging.

If I don't reach an appropriate temperature in the basement, I will try it inside the pre-heated lipo box at 20-25C. The insulation of the box should be good enough to hold the temperature for a while after disconnecting it from power source.

Tilman
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:14 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,676 Posts
I have done calibration in my garden-shed at 5-8C. So 10-12C wont be a problem. The key is to insulate the box properly and make sure its more or less airtight. If you dont reach the intended temperature, a Ziplock bag (preferably a anti-ESD bag with metal lining) will help you keep the heat around the board.

It can be a good idea to place the box on a soft pillow or matress if you are worried about vibrations.

Jussi

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite View Post
Hi Max,

it wasn't my intention to speed up the warm-up phase with the box. The basement is probably not more than 10-12 C at the moment and I doubt that the temperature will rise within the next weeks or months. I just don't see an option because you can feel the whole house shaking when a truck passes by and crosses the tram rails. Our rooms are anything but ideal for the logging.

If I don't reach an appropriate temperature in the basement, I will try it inside the pre-heated lipo box at 20-25C. The insulation of the box should be good enough to hold the temperature for a while after disconnecting it from power source.

Tilman
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:41 PM
United States, KY, Morehead
Joined Jan 2005
155 Posts
Rant! USPS!!!! Still no AQ6 board Its been sitting in sitting in Chicago since wed of last week no movement. The funny thing is I had a package from HK go through the exact same processing center on the same day 4hrs after my AQ6 package and I received it last Saturday. I am starting to think its lost or damaged at this point.
skew is online now Find More Posts by skew
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:04 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skew View Post
Rant! USPS!!!! Still no AQ6 board Its been sitting in sitting in Chicago since wed of last week no movement. The funny thing is I had a package from HK go through the exact same processing center on the same day 4hrs after my AQ6 package and I received it last Saturday. I am starting to think its lost or damaged at this point.
Can't you try to call the center and ask what's going on?
Does it have to clear customs?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
551 Posts
Another way to warm things up if yu have to is the hand warming packets that you rub together to activate the chemicals and they'll stay warm for a couple of hours. I know we can get them at Walmart in the Staes and they don't cost very much
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:09 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,860 Posts
I have a question.. Should I flash r33 f/w before doing calibration or do I use the shipped test f/w?
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:23 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
954 Posts
Yes, flash firmware first. http://test.autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/getting-started/ and http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/gettin...ware-flashing/ . Be sure to grab the right fw file for your board revision # (Oct. '12 and later use rev. 2).

Good luck with the cals! I'm about to freeze my 2nd AQ board...

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:36 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Mah.. mine is at the post office. Gotta go friday to pick it up. I find it silly that the PO opens at 830 and closes at 5. How the heck am I supposed to get there during working hours.. sigh

Still deciding on what to do with this board.. build a new frame, put it on my existing frame.. hmm
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:44 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal View Post
Yes, flash firmware first. http://test.autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/getting-started/ and http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/gettin...ware-flashing/ . Be sure to grab the right fw file for your board revision # (Oct. '12 and later use rev. 2).

Good luck with the cals! I'm about to freeze my 2nd AQ board...

-Max
I was reading all about the calibrations and must have over looked this..

Thank you
Site Sponsor