HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2011, 01:05 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
Discussion
Need help wiring up Thrust Vectoring on f-16

I have this plane: http://www.bananahobby.com/2149.html

I have a Spectrum DX7 with a Spectrum 6 channel receiver and I do not know how to wire this thing. It came with zero wiring diagram. I do know that the left side ailerons and elevators are wired together on the same connector and the same with the right side. The thrust vector has 2 servos for up/down and left/right. Where do I wire these into and do they need to be Y connectored to something else? Any help/ideas/input is greatly appreciated. I am at a stand still as of 2 weeks ago and I cannot figure it out on my own. If there is a picture diagram of the wiring that would be best. I 've been in the hobby for 2 months now and I have a t-28. I wanted to go faster and this plane was 109 bucks so I thought what the heck. I thought it would all be easy plug and fly but my inexperience is getting me here. I am sure I need to mix some things as well on the radio but I need to get wired first so any info on the radio mixing is also appreciated. Thank you for your time and effort in advance.

Ben
Rone3 is offline Find More Posts by Rone3
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:38 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
Got it figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone3 View Post
I have this plane: http://www.bananahobby.com/2149.html

I have a Spectrum DX7 with a Spectrum 6 channel receiver and I do not know how to wire this thing. It came with zero wiring diagram. I do know that the left side ailerons and elevators are wired together on the same connector and the same with the right side. The thrust vector has 2 servos for up/down and left/right. Where do I wire these into and do they need to be Y connectored to something else? Any help/ideas/input is greatly appreciated. I am at a stand still as of 2 weeks ago and I cannot figure it out on my own. If there is a picture diagram of the wiring that would be best. I 've been in the hobby for 2 months now and I have a t-28. I wanted to go faster and this plane was 109 bucks so I thought what the heck. I thought it would all be easy plug and fly but my inexperience is getting me here. I am sure I need to mix some things as well on the radio but I need to get wired first so any info on the radio mixing is also appreciated. Thank you for your time and effort in advance.

Ben
Ok I got it figured out and I will post the details later. Right now I need to get my plane replaced due to a manufacturers lack of glue usage on both my elevators.

Ben
Old Nov 26, 2011, 07:20 PM
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Mar 2011
223 Posts
Ben post that video here for all to see the glue joint failure in mid air !
rush1 is offline Find More Posts by rush1
Old Nov 26, 2011, 07:41 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,132 Posts
There is an entire thread dedicated to this f16. Do a search and you'll find it. The airframe is wonderful, but the stock electronics are garbage. good luck!
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:24 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
I tried but could not find one but i'm new here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
There is an entire thread dedicated to this f16. Do a search and you'll find it. The airframe is wonderful, but the stock electronics are garbage. good luck!
I tried to search the forums but I am not very good at finding what I'm looking for I guess. Thanks for the tip, any chance you can link that thread? Thanks.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:41 AM
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
Here's the video of the failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush1 View Post
Ben post that video here for all to see the glue joint failure in mid air !
Ok, here is a link to the video on youtube.

RC F-16 crashed maiden flight (1 min 14 sec)
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:13 AM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone3 View Post
I tried to search the forums but I am not very good at finding what I'm looking for I guess. Thanks for the tip, any chance you can link that thread? Thanks.
Type in "Blitzrcworks BZ-16 Pro 3d" into the thread search function. Lots of good info there including the elevator mod. The elevator is a weak point of this bird.
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:12 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Type in "Blitzrcworks BZ-16 Pro 3d" into the thread search function. Lots of good info there including the elevator mod. The elevator is a weak point of this bird.
Thanks, I found that out yesterday when the elevator came off. I'll check it out though.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 04:43 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2011
2 Posts
setting P.mixes for F-16 thrust vector with Aurora 9

Is there any body help me out ofr thrust vector setting F-16 (bananahobby) with Aurora 9 (hitec).
Levent
Leventk4 is offline Find More Posts by Leventk4
Old Jan 07, 2012, 02:41 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leventk4 View Post
Is there any body help me out ofr thrust vector setting F-16 (bananahobby) with Aurora 9 (hitec).
Levent
Sorry I am using a Spectrum which, with some help, I finally got working although I have not used the thrust vectoring at all yet.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Burned out the motor today and now I am back on the forums searching for what people have had success with as far us motor/esc upgrades. I am going to replace it all. I figured I'd fly it until they died. That came sooner than I thought.