HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,300 Posts
It's really not much extra on the battery leads. Actually, all I have is a couple of extra inches (~4") to make the series connector for my two 6s packs. Didn't see any detriment from not running an extra cap pack.

Regarding the scoop, there's nothing else providing air except the scoop itself.
Does just fine for us AZ boys... but it's a dry heat.
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:39 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
230 Posts
we dont have that problem here in the UK the winters are cold and so are the summers
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:26 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
I flew it myself, I flew it myself, I flew it and it came home in 100% condition. Yes.

I have the 8s stock setup, not the fastest but fast enough for me. Took off in 300 feet with little up elevator, 15 degrees of flap, no trim needed. Flew on on rails, nothing fancy. Flaps off and on, no adverse pitch, but I programmed a 2 second slow down. Landed with 15 degrees of flaps.

I slowed it down on final like a trainer, started the flare two feet above the runway and it floated 200 feet then full up elevator for the final stall. The elevator was really ineffective at that slow speed, the plane touched down level and skipped about 2 inches above, I pushed full down elevator and planted it on the wheels. However it still had enough speed to run off the end of the runway into the soft dirt. No damage...perfect.

There is lots of humor to post, but I will do it later. I was all smiles, I knew that I was going to love this plane.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:48 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,742 Posts
Al, use more like 30-40 deg of flaps, really helps slow it down and reduce the final approach, i too find the elev a little weak at low speed, so i programmed a little extra up on my high rates. the glide rate is really suprising, and you have to land it more like a sport plane then a typical "jet". i guess this is where the "sport jet" name comes into play lol.

glad its in one piece! no flutter i take it lol
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jul 14, 2012, 03:21 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,360 Posts
Congrats Al!!
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:24 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Flutter? Yes, in my legs.

All the fuss and this plane is incredibly easy to fly.

Thanks for the kind words. The lord only knows I tried everything to chicken out.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:56 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Ok i know whats my next buy now.. Ofciurse after i finish my turbine skymaster f16. And i hope until then someone else builds it with a stumax fan.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jul 15, 2012, 01:10 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,161 Posts
way to go Al that is always sweet when you can do a perfect madien .....i always chicken out cause i have C/N right there ....best test pilot i ever saw.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:07 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
230 Posts
Told u they fly real nice thats why i carnt wait to get my hands on another, well done on the flight!. I still say that mine would still be flying now if the wood was in the right place for the hinges
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Well it wasn't a fluke or lucky day yesterday, did it again today And extended the flight and the speed. Lost the canopy. Nobody saw it come off. Booooo

Corsair nut, 30 to 40 percent flaps made the plane float 400 feet and then landed on the edge of the pavement into the dirt, no damage.

Heck this plane just wants to fly and it flew exactly the same with or without the canopy. If I can't buy a canopy, I'll make one.

Yes I read the warnings about the canopy, but when you are my age you tend to be a know it all. LOL. Just too dam lazy to make a latch and I forgot tape. Bad me.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:40 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
2,011 Posts
Canopy

@ Al, Email Robert at EJF, he should be able to order you a new one. I won't even go into the "I just told you so part"

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Well it wasn't a fluke or lucky day yesterday, did it again today And extended the flight and the speed. Lost the canopy. Nobody saw it come off. Booooo
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Ralph,

I know, I know about the warning.

Quote:
Heck this plane just wants to fly and it flew exactly the same with or without the canopy. If I can't buy a canopy, I'll make one.

Yes I read the warnings about the canopy, but when you are my age you tend to be a know it all. LOL. Just too dam lazy to make a latch and I forgot tape. Bad me.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:17 AM
5kW Club
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Feb 2007
839 Posts
Now that is the way to keep the batteries nice and cool

Clay
racer1 is offline Find More Posts by racer1
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:15 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,323 Posts
Quote:
Ralph,

I know, I know about the warning.
If there was a button, I'd have to "Like" that photo!

Keep'em flying Al!
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:57 AM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,300 Posts
Very cool Al!

Where are you running your CG? Elevator does get a little softer at slow speeds, but is still plenty for a nice soft landing at 4.5" back using recommended throws. I do like C/N though, run a slightly higher throw for my High Rates.

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller