SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 18, 2011, 03:30 PM
Joined Jul 2011
56 Posts
Discussion
your favorite indoor plane

I started thinking about winter and getting a plane to fly in a small space and it got me thinking whats everyones favorite indoor planes and why

I usually hate even seeing these threads but when done right they can be a great wealth of information

Plane .......
Power Setup ......
Size .......
AUW ..........
Feedback ......

Pros.....

Cons.....

If this thread has been done i apologize and someone please link me
00nothing is offline Find More Posts by 00nothing
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2011, 04:45 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
I hear you on these types of threads,there are a lot of good planes out there to choose from and everyone has there own likes and dislikes and will swear up and down there favorite plane or brand is the greatest on the face of the earth sometimes . I dont fly indoor other than in the house a little in winter but most epp planes will be durable and suitable if flown at auw's in the 6oz range for indoor flying. Of the planes ive flown my favorites are as listed.. no one plane really stands out as the best for all types of flying styles but i like all of these and have flown them,theres plenty i havent flown though that look really good but i couldnt say how well they fly without flying one myself.

Techone spirit(aka hk tristania),light,flys very well outdoors if you like pattern 3d hybrid styles.

Autopartner Sbach,hard to obtain and no one seems to import there planes here. Flys very well and i consider it as good as the 3dhs extra but it excells in some areas over the extra having less drag being 5 or 6mm epp instead of 9mm. Tracks well,3d's well and can be flown in the 7oz range or 6oz range or less and is very nice overall. Its very well designed and kind of a mix of depron style plane design in an epp package,still one of my favorites well over a year later. Great plane overall

Power set ups for the planes ive flown,t-motor t2006 and turnigy 2204-14t have been my mainstay set ups for outrunners with tp 325 and nanotech 370s packs. Hk 12 amp esc lightened and futaba 3114s for servos.

3Dhobbyshop extra 330sc,probably the best hardware package and set up of any of the epp planes ive flown. Flys 3d very well and can be set up to fly from the 5oz auw range to 7oz range. Ive flown it at over 10oz trying things as well but its best in the 6oz range with plenty of power and floats well for an all around set up. Well thought out design and gear placement using the latest ideas and technology in the 3d epp plane class. I added landing gear to mine when i got it,another great plane overall.

Techone malibu 2,its my newest kit plane purchase. Its fragile and 3mm but flew well on a couple power set ups in the yard when i maidened it earlier in the week, 4.8oz auw.. again 3mm and fragile but would be very nice for indoor only flying.

Most of the pros and cons with any plane are the trade offs in power set ups and gear used,theres always a lighter crowd and a higher powered crowd,i like flying planes with both types of set ups. Servos,packs,auw etc can all have a very noticeable effect on how a plane flys overall,set up is very important as well.

One plane id really like to try but still have not seen imported here is the crazy suhkoi,really would like to get one but cant justify the overseas shipping etc involved in ordering one but it looks really good,downside is its 3mm.. would really like to see a larger epp version come out one day though as well.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member