HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2014, 07:18 PM
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
2,655 Posts
I don't think he meant it like that Lou. I think you are both on the same wave length.
Personally I find it very hard to make comment about just about anything without causing someone to get their nose out of joint. I don't wish to hurt others but sometimes it has to be said and maybe we just need to develop a thicker skin so to speak. Not at all easy I know but otherwise we are just walking on egg shells all the time. It's hard and even worse on these 'faceless' anonymous internet sites. Believe me...there are very few people indeed who wish others harm. You just have to take it on faith.

Brent.
Kaikokid is offline Find More Posts by Kaikokid
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2014, 07:40 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,388 Posts
Hi Brent
I appreicate the feedback but in all honesty I a very have very thick skin, in my real life all I do is deal with people and in my personal life I was the head hockey director for a very large elete travel hockey program until I retired from coaching.
If you have ever seen the crazy video on hockey parents , there is nothing more in the world that developes thicker skin .
Brent the HK P40 N thread is a great example of 100dreds of people comiing together over a plane that in its original format was a total failure but with skill "builders' turned a piece of trouble into a great plane and thread preserving the history of the plane .
I know Joe from RC Groups and I like Joes contributions , I really do , but as thick as my skin is , there are planty of sections in RC groups to tout the great assest of wood kits , glass kits , scratch building , kit building , foam building and so on .
I guess the comment just got to me because as a builder and person who actually likes to build more then I actaully fly , I would never critisize someones choice in this hobby unless they asked me there opinion, I am not tip toe guy by any means and I am certainly never politically correct but I have respect as my directive that when that line is crossed I comment, that is all that was about and I wont say another word on the subject .
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Nov 06, 2014, 07:47 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,518 Posts
Good points, Lou. I have no interest whatsoever in multi rotors, for example, but I will not go around bashing people who are crazy about them.
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old Nov 06, 2014, 08:39 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,381 Posts
+++1
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2014, 09:19 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin-34 View Post
Amen!

i find it interesting that to many of us, these flying life preservers (FLP) compete directly with our wood and glass planes (builder) for air time. The manufacturer wants to sell as many FLP as he can so he wants to make a product that appeals to both groups. Yet when a builder makes comments on any of the FLP threads they get trashed and told to go away. Never considering that without the builder the price of that FLP would be much higher and they would not be able to carry as many models as they do.

Joe
.......Deleted, not worth the fuss... .
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Last edited by gnats82; Nov 06, 2014 at 10:36 PM.