HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2014, 01:35 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
251 Posts
Discussion
mCPX V2 Feathering Shaft

ok, so I have a bent feathering shaft again, and am attempting to remove it. Both this time, and my first time, I cannot get the little Philips screw to come out. It is jammed into the shaft tighter than anything.

So, what tricks have you found to get that screw out?

I figure my options are to throw the whole head assembly away, to perhaps cut the rotor hub apart to expose the feathering shaft so I can then cut it and hence save the $10 blade grips, or employ the trick you are going to tell me about

Suggestions?
HeliFlyer14 is online now Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:07 PM
RWT
Joined May 2008
18 Posts
[QUOTE=HeliFlyer14;30020039]ok, so I have a bent feathering shaft again, and am attempting to remove it.

So, what tricks have you found to get that screw out?

Since no one chimed in, it should have locktite on it. If you heat it with a soldering iron or something it would help it come out.
RWT is offline Find More Posts by RWT
Old Nov 25, 2014, 04:44 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
251 Posts
my soldering iron touches the plastic blade grips, so any heat would also cause them to melt. I ended up cutting the main rotor hub apart to expose the feathering shaft, then just used some cutters to cut it in two. This way at least I could save my blade grips.

We'll see when it comes time to replace the feathering shaft I now have in place, as I am the one who put it in, so I know the history. It seems the factory assembled versions are impossible to take apart.
HeliFlyer14 is online now Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14