Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:19 PM
Graham Kirkland
Port Alfred South Africa
Joined Jun 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnowell129 View Post
I think I'm the destination for :
Leo, Dave, Jeff, Eric, Todd, and Rick and Mike if necessary.
I think this makes 8.
What's the next bigger size container ?
I only have 2 box sizes - large (3 kits) and small (1 kit). I don't really want to have another box made as it appears that there are signs that the strike may be over soon (week or 2). Please note that I cannot fit 3 wing joining jigs in with the 3 kits - max 1 jig.

It has been pointed out to me in a PM that I need to update potential clients on what is available with prices. To that end :

The only kit available is the Storm Pro which now has rohacell cored wings with short rod spars in the upper surface, under the UD spar cap. The wing is full carbon and the lay-up is a mix of 64g spread tow, 126g UD and 39g carboline. The dihedral angle and root hardening is moulded in.

The tails, for now, still use XPS foam, but I may change that to rohacell in the future. The standard tails are glass and UD carbon as the carbon tails are no stronger and are about 1g each heavier.

The Alex Hewson curved offset T blade is standard.

The fuselage pod had been modified to allow the slip nose to slide on without any compression of the pod. The fit is snug and the slip-nose does not need any additional measures to ensure that it stays in place. The standard slip-nose uses the aluminium impregnated glass, which, by the way, has absolutely no effect on the receiver range.

The price of the standard kit is $550.

Optional extras are :
Wing joining jig - $20
Carbon tails - $10 each

Shipping : - Normally, the shipping cost to USA is $50, but until our postal strike is over, my minimum shipping cost is $150.

Graham
graham1234 is offline Find More Posts by graham1234
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2014, 09:04 AM
Never Stop Learning
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2005
1,104 Posts
I am on the list too located in Atlanta, anyone else near here?
Would be great to add a set of tails and wing jig on the order if we can work out shipping arrangements.

David
Jaguar22 is offline Find More Posts by Jaguar22
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2014, 08:38 AM
United States, SC, Clover
Joined Sep 2004
199 Posts
I am on the List and I live 4hrs from Atlanta in Charlotte, NC. Lets do a bundle deal.

Russ
Merk is offline Find More Posts by Merk
Old Nov 19, 2014, 09:32 AM
Craig B
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Mar 2009
366 Posts
I'm in knoxville, 3.5-4 hours... but, the gas and time is worth more than just paying the shipment cost difference
browncbr1 is offline Find More Posts by browncbr1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Supercool V mount
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:22 PM
Never Stop Learning
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2005
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by browncbr1 View Post
I'm in knoxville, 3.5-4 hours... but, the gas and time is worth more than just paying the shipment cost difference
True, looks like the Postal strike just needs to end.
Jaguar22 is offline Find More Posts by Jaguar22
RCG Plus Member