Old Oct 03, 2013, 02:23 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,453 Posts
New Product
E-flite UMX AS3Xtra BNF Basic

Your prayers have been answered

Overview

The E-flite® UMX™ AS3Xtra takes Ultra Micro eXtreme to the next level! With multiple AS3X flight modes to help you execute 3D maneuvers like hover and knife-edge, the excitement of 3D flight is easier than ever!
Features

AS3X® System agility with flight mode flexibility
E-flite DSM2®/DSMX® 6-Ch UM AS3X Receiver/Servos/ESC installed
Four-channel, 3D maneuverability and control
Spektrum™ 2.3-Gram Performance Linear Long Throw servos installed
Ultra-lightweight power system delivers the best possible performance
Resilient carbon fiber reinforced, film-covered foam construction
Optional SFGs allow you to customize aerobatic capability
Ideal for experienced pilots to fly anywhere indoors
The E-flite® UMX™ AS3Xtra takes Ultra Micro eXtreme to the next level. Constructed of laser-cut flat foam with carbon reinforcement and micro-thin film, this aircraft was specifically engineered to optimize a super-low wing loading, strength and durability plus AS3X® technology to provide outstanding 3D performance in tight flight spaces. Based on the ground breaking original UMX Extra 300 3D, the addition of AS3X technology makes it possible to be even more successful whether it’s performing the simplest loop or the latest extreme 3D moves. Even more appealing is that now AS3X technology offers flight mode flexibility so you can choose the level of stability performance you need instantly.
The UMX AS3Xtra is the perfect high-performance indoor ultra micro aircraft for the intermediate to advanced pilot. All you need to fly right away is your favorite DSM2®/DSMX® transmitter with dual rate options, a 25C or 45C 1S 3.7V 150mAh Li-Po battery and a 1S Li-Po charger.
What you Need

- 4+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter
- 3.7V 1S 150mAh LiPo flight battery
- 1S LiPo battery charger

ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Oct 05, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2013, 04:13 AM
COPENHAGEN DENMARK
Joined Aug 2007
329 Posts
Only 100 dollars, very nice

John
johnkielsen is offline Find More Posts by johnkielsen
Old Oct 03, 2013, 07:17 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,460 Posts
PERFECT!

I don't think it needs AS3X in the gym but I'll take an update to my old beat up Extra 300. This plane and my Mini Crack from Twisted Hobbies will make the winter more tolerable.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Oct 03, 2013, 07:29 AM
Weekend Hacker
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2009
142 Posts
Just saw this and straight away thought v1 beast guts swap. Why not brushless HH? Looks nice and am looking forward to seeing the flight video.
nitro_star is offline Find More Posts by nitro_star
Old Oct 03, 2013, 07:32 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,151 Posts
Parts listing says its a new motor.
Replacement airframes are only $51.
Wow, five different flight modes wow, manual isn't too clear on all that!
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Last edited by airpower; Oct 03, 2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2013, 07:39 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_star View Post
Just saw this and straight away thought v1 beast guts swap. Why not brushless HH? Looks nice and am looking forward to seeing the flight video.
Brushless = larger everything = heavy = larger aircraft to reduce wing loading. The Extra with a light single cell higher C batt works just fine at super slow 3D flight.

I think the 180 motor and a larger model with the Yak's 40C 150 batt's would be super. Mater of fact I need to find a kit for my trashed Beast v1. I remember when E-Flite sold profile kits. I don't know why they haven't produced an F3P syle kit for the Beast/SBach 180 guts.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Oct 03, 2013, 08:15 AM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,155 Posts
I've been checking here everyday as I had a feeling something new would be coming out....

And WOW! This looks good! I never bought the original UMX Extra but this is something I'm interested in for sure!! May even pre-order this sucker!
Elisecat is offline Find More Posts by Elisecat
Old Oct 03, 2013, 10:47 AM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,033 Posts
I like the $99 price tag on this! I will be buying one of these for sure. Kinda surprised it took them this long to come out with a replacement to the Extra.
edge_pilot is offline Find More Posts by edge_pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My 2 favorite everyday flyers!
Old Oct 03, 2013, 11:31 AM
Frozen Fingers
United States, VT, Morristown
Joined Nov 2012
213 Posts
Prayers were answered. And $100! How can anyone complain about that.
strokeracevt is offline Find More Posts by strokeracevt
Old Oct 03, 2013, 11:45 AM
Stitching 'em back together!
United States, MO, Lee's Summit
Joined Jun 2012
492 Posts
I'm very interested in this model. I have never flown indoors but with the winter right around the corner and a pretty nice local indoor club near by; I feel like now's the time to get into it. I'm not sure how I feel about the unfinished look to the right side of the fuse. But I think I'll deal.
stitch1 is offline Find More Posts by stitch1
Old Oct 03, 2013, 11:48 AM
7.62x51
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
PERFECT!

I don't think it needs AS3X in the gym but I'll take an update to my old beat up Extra 300. This plane and my Mini Crack from Twisted Hobbies will make the winter more tolerable.
You said what I was going to say!
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Oct 03, 2013, 11:53 AM
7.62x51
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
699 Posts
BL is not needed on a plane this size. Going BL would make it heavier and more expensive. If you want more power, check out this new batttery. http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ry-EFLB1501S45 I think this batt and plane will be a killer gym combo.
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Oct 03, 2013, 12:25 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Not a fan of the single-sided mylar on the fuse.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Oct 03, 2013, 01:00 PM
Still Flying
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Mar 2013
157 Posts
AS3Xtra Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Parts listing says its a new motor.
Replacement airframes are only $51.
Wow, five different flight modes wow, manual isn't too clear on all that!
It looks like the new motor is the MSRX motor that many of us are using to repower our P51's, Spits and P40's. The motor size is listed in the specs as 8.5mm x 23mm. That is the size of the MSRX motor. The stock motor for the P51, Spit and P40 is 8.5mm x 20mm.

I wonder if the AS3Xtra uses the same gearbox? I expect it does as it uses the same 130 x 70 prop as the T28.
OldRCNut is offline Find More Posts by OldRCNut
Old Oct 03, 2013, 01:41 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Jan 2007
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRCNut View Post
It looks like the new motor is the MSRX motor that many of us are using to repower our P51's, Spits and P40's. The motor size is listed in the specs as 8.5mm x 23mm. That is the size of the MSRX motor. The stock motor for the P51, Spit and P40 is 8.5mm x 20mm.

I wonder if the AS3Xtra uses the same gearbox? I expect it does as it uses the same 130 x 70 prop as the T28.

It's essentially the same motor as the mSRX, just has a longer lead so it will reach the receiver, and a different pinion than the mSRX.

Same standard gear ratio as the Mustang/T-28.

Seth Arnold
Horizon Hobby
3D-Seth is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
Site Sponsor