SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2014, 08:56 AM
New York Highlander
United States, NY, Vermontville
Joined Apr 2012
1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by babz View Post
i think my board is corrupted due to a big crash...
let order a new one...
what do you think about that : http://www.banggood.com/APM-V2_8_0-F...-p-933031.html
Might as well give it a try! Let us know how you make out with it.
GFergy is offline Find More Posts by GFergy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2014, 02:55 AM
in tartiflette we trust
France, RA, Sallanches
Joined May 2012
83 Posts
ordered
let see in two weeks...
babz is offline Find More Posts by babz
Old Nov 11, 2014, 04:17 AM
in tartiflette we trust
France, RA, Sallanches
Joined May 2012
83 Posts
waiting for the new board,i'm trying to work on the corrupted one...now i can't connect it with APM planner,any idea to force the connection ?
it happened after an erase command in the cli,i waited for a while the end of the processus wich never happened so i manually disconnected the usb and now i've this problem...
babz is offline Find More Posts by babz
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:06 PM
United States, FL, Indialantic
Joined Mar 2012
207 Posts
FYI Here's how to get SBUS on the APM without a converter. I just did it and it works great!
Adding SBUS support to the APM (7 min 49 sec)
Calla969 is offline Find More Posts by Calla969
Old Nov 19, 2014, 02:28 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calla969 View Post
FYI Here's how to get SBUS on the APM without a converter. I just did it and it works great!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nqr...ist=WL&index=5

Great find! If you wanted to go back to regular PPM would you need to flash again, or does the new firmware allow for either PPM or SBUS like Pixhawk?
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess
Old Nov 19, 2014, 06:08 AM
Joined Mar 2012
207 Posts
Not sure if this one allows both or not, but it only takes seconds to flash back.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 08:30 PM
Isle of Man
Joined Apr 2012
1,026 Posts
Thanks for sharing this, saves a lot of headaches working through a new installation on a bix2.
jhkiom is online now Find More Posts by jhkiom
Old Nov 20, 2014, 02:33 PM
Wats the worst that can happen
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFergy View Post
I ran into the same jittering servo problem with my old Bixler 1.1 BNF.
Aileron servos going nuts, evening in manual mode.
I tried everything- made sure servo wires were all twisted, wrapped wires in aluminum foil. Nothing really worked.
Then I replaced both the stock aileron servos with Turnigy 9g servos and that solved the issue.
So yeah, geofrancis is right. Some servos are more vulnerable to interference than others.
Well, I thought it was the fault of the APM - since I had boneheadedly attached some peripherals to A12,13 and overheated it I thought I had damaged it. This was my theory maybe why it was behaving like this.
Nope. I just received my new APM 2.7 - and it doing the same thing - unless it is the programming (I transferred exact same settings over). I don't think this is the issue however.
Well, I will start by changing out servos and see how it goes.

Now I think this was the reason I may have crashed it on it's maiden.
TheCure is offline Find More Posts by TheCure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Mods to My RC Electronics
Old Nov 21, 2014, 08:48 AM
Joined Mar 2012
207 Posts
I've been setting up an RVJet and I also had some servo jittering when connected to my APM 2.5 with a FrSky D8R-II and with the L9R. I flashed the S-Bus code and connected the L9R in S-Bus mode, and the jittering completely vanished. Not sure what the cause is or if there's a real connection, but the servos are perfectly still and quiet when in manual mode now. Maybe fewer wires means less interference and that's all it took? I was only having trouble with one servo.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:01 AM
Joined May 2010
101 Posts
All the servo talk reminds me of a problem I am having. When I am in manual mode the servos are smooth and precise, but when in acro or stab mode the movement seems a bit choppy. Is this normal or can I do something about it?
The Frsky Futaba compatible receiver is connected with CPPM.
XDreamer is online now Find More Posts by XDreamer
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:50 PM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Sweden, Uppsala County, Balsta
Joined Jun 2012
1,238 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Great find! If you wanted to go back to regular PPM would you need to flash again, or does the new firmware allow for either PPM or SBUS like Pixhawk?
Quote:
Not sure if this one allows both or not, but it only takes seconds to flash back.
Thanks, Calla.
Just tested OK on my X6R.
PPM and PWM did not work for me after flashing this firmware, but who needs that anyway.
Time to get a few X4RSB:s.
JNJO is offline Find More Posts by JNJO