Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:51 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Cool
Value Hobby Powered Mini Racer RR $59.99

http://www.valuehobby.com/bubles-gli...ver-ready.html

The shipping is $13.99 to Washington state from Illinois.

Specification

Wingspan: 800mm(31.5in)
Fuselage length: 620mm(24.4in)
Flying Weight: 290g(10.23oz)
Material: EPO

Already Installed

Motor : 2226-1100KV out-runner
Prop: EP 9 X 6
ESC: 30A
Servo: 4.3g(4pcs)

Still Required:

500-800mAh 2S 7.4V 20C LiPO battery
Your own TX and RX
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:11 AM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,291 Posts
I think this is the same think as Hobby Kings Kinetic. If it is be sure to add a little tape where the wing meets the fuse. The clip that holds it all in place tends to work loose and.....
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:02 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers View Post
I think this is the same think as Hobby Kings Kinetic. If it is be sure to add a little tape where the wing meets the fuse. The clip that holds it all in place tends to work loose and.....
Thank you for the tape tip and I will be sure to reinforce any weak points. For the price this sounded like a great purchase.

J
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:08 AM
United States, WI, Oconomowoc
Joined Aug 2010
71 Posts
Value Hobby

Good luck with Value Hobby. Bought two of their small 2.4 receivers. Both will bind but not operate servos. Their support won't do a thing. Keep telling me to bind like a Spectrum and won't take the time to understand the problem.
paero is offline Find More Posts by paero
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:18 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
paero,

Thank you for the advice. Next month I am moving back home and will live two towns away from Value's location. I have ordered from them before and understand the risks and (no pun intended) value of their products. Also, to keep the prices low that shop is a one man show so I expect very little support. Value Hobby reminds me of Aldi's when they first opened in the US, people did not want to bag their owe products so they initially did not fair very well. Now look at their place in the market space.

John
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:32 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,291 Posts
I have had good luck with them. I haven't purchased any of their receivers though. Who knows? Service and shipping have been great. Their batteries seem to work decent too.
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:10 PM
FPV Noob KD0VMK
United States, MO, Platte City
Joined Jun 2012
686 Posts
Quote:
I have had good luck with them. I haven't purchased any of their receivers though. Who knows? Service and shipping have been great. Their batteries seem to work decent too.
I tend to get alot of my 450 heli parts from them. Prices are cheap, and the parts arrive at my door sometimes as fast as 3 days from payment to receipt.

I have a couple of their DSM2 receivers, mine work fine. Sounds like just bad luck if someone got a couple that don't work.

And ya, don't bother with their customer service. I called the on the phone once. To my surprise, somebody answered! To my dismay, they were no help, and seemed to have zero knowledge of anything RC. Oh well. At least they ship quickly.
Chubbs is offline Find More Posts by Chubbs
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:28 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Yes and if you ever meet him at a show or flyin he is really a good guy just way overworked. The prices are the lowest I have seen in the states next to Lazer Toyz
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:54 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
i agree i have been buying from him for over two years no problems with any of my orders .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:59 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
i agree i have been buying from him for over two years no problems with any of my orders .
Quote:
Originally Posted by paero View Post
Good luck with Value Hobby. Bought two of their small 2.4 receivers. Both will bind but not operate servos. Their support won't do a thing. Keep telling me to bind like a Spectrum and won't take the time to understand the problem.
those bootleg (aftermarket)specktrum recievers are a gamble to use. the only aftermarket spektrum recievers "i use" are the orange box .it sucks to lose money but you cant expect much from a 5.00 reciever .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:51 PM
Silly n00b
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2011
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paero View Post
Post your problem in the radio forum and see if you can get some help. It's probably something simple. Since it is TWO of them I would tend to think that it's not a problem with the units. ValueHobby has been a great source of low cost items for me for a long time - and I have had nothing but good results with them.
TuMadre is offline Find More Posts by TuMadre