HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2013, 12:13 PM
United States, NY, Kingston
Joined Feb 2006
257 Posts
Discussion
Laser RC help please

Had a friend give me an essentially new Laser with a couple of rigs and the bag, etc etc. But I do not seen an owners manual of any kind. A life long sailor I am not worried about that but would be interested in any documentation that comes with a new boat. Anybody have a source for that documentation?? I was also wondering if I can put in a different receiver and use my dx8 transmitter for the rig. Thanks for any suggestions. Scott
Bariboy is offline Find More Posts by Bariboy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2013, 11:52 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,564 Posts
Scott,
Suggest you contact Steve Lang @ sailrc.com - Steve is the North American distributor for Lasers and should be able to help you. (615) 773-2920 or is his direct e-mail is Steve@SailRC.com

The transmitter has to be compatible with the receiver (assuming you know that).

Boomer
Boomer1 is online now Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old May 06, 2013, 11:55 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bariboy View Post
Had a friend give me an essentially new Laser with a couple of rigs and the bag, etc etc. But I do not seen an owners manual of any kind. A life long sailor I am not worried about that but would be interested in any documentation that comes with a new boat. Anybody have a source for that documentation?? I was also wondering if I can put in a different receiver and use my dx8 transmitter for the rig. Thanks for any suggestions. Scott

You can use your 2.4 TX and RX, and like Boomer said contact Steve Lang he is the Laser man !
gpzy is offline Find More Posts by gpzy
Old May 07, 2013, 08:37 PM
Joined Feb 2006
257 Posts
I did go to steve and he is the man, came through. Going to get a 2.4 rx and use my tx. thanks guys. can;t wait to get out with it.
Old May 08, 2013, 12:18 PM
Joined Feb 2006
257 Posts
And if I happen to have a 4 channel air rx lying around can I use that or is it really going to mess with people? I know there is a 2 channel marine for 50 but I have the four channel lying around. Scott
Old May 08, 2013, 12:50 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bariboy View Post
And if I happen to have a 4 channel air rx lying around can I use that or is it really going to mess with people? I know there is a 2 channel marine for 50 but I have the four channel lying around. Scott

Four works too! Two is the minimum required.
Boomer
Boomer1 is online now Find More Posts by Boomer1