SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Help!
tail rotor not spinning

the model is BR6098 X-MAX the problem is when i went to fly it I notice the tail rotor wasent spinning. I check the motor in the tail section and the motor is good but now I got no clue where to start looking as to where the problem could be. please give me a direction to go. thanks P.S its brand new out of the box. cant return it have to fix it.
Jmat is offline Find More Posts by Jmat
Last edited by Jmat; Nov 10, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:17 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
How do you know the motor is good? What method are you using to test it?
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:41 PM
Tuguegarao City Philippines
Joined Sep 2012
375 Posts
disconnect the tail motor and apply voltage to it. if it did not spin, there's your problem. if it spins, check if you have voltage on the tail motor port on the pcb. if there's no voltage, there's your problem. if there's voltage, check the wire from the pcb to the motor if there is continuity along its length. if there's no continuity, rewire it.

dont forget to power up your heli and disconnect your main motors.
xtian3188 is offline Find More Posts by xtian3188
Last edited by xtian3188; Nov 10, 2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Oct 2004
676 Posts
I had the same issue with a double horse 9116 , it was a new circuit board that fixed the problem.
jetmaven is online now Find More Posts by jetmaven
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:23 PM
A&P in training
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Dec 2008
1,264 Posts
Buy a helicopter with a belt driven tail?
ASTREA1 is offline Find More Posts by ASTREA1
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:41 AM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post
How do you know the motor is good? What method are you using to test it?
in used a C battery to test and the motor is good. I check the wires from the circit board and it is good. i beleve its the circite board.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:52 AM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmaven View Post
I had the same issue with a double horse 9116 , it was a new circuit board that fixed the problem.
I need a new circite board but where do i get one.I looked on the internet but cant find the model i need. and how do i know it will match my transmitter. dont it has to match. i know on my futaba radio it has to match to work

this is my first heli does the tail rotor spin the moment the main rotor starts spinning? i know stupit ?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:57 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
In the beginning of this video there are at least 3 times the tail stops spinning so it looks like it may not spin if the elevator is in neutral???

This appears to be a 3.5 channel? Finding parts may be near impossible. I know you don't want to hear this, but it's really a toy grade heli. I honestly wouldn't spend any money on repairs, but that's just me. My advice, for whatever it's worth, is to get one of the small blade helis, you'll get a lot more for your money.

mijn speelgoed op late leefttijd ( X-MAX 6098 3,5 channels ) (1 min 43 sec)
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
In the beginning of this video there are at least 3 times the tail stops spinning so it looks like it may not spin if the elevator is in neutral???

This appears to be a 3.5 channel? Finding parts may be near impossible. I know you don't want to hear this, but it's really a toy grade heli. I honestly wouldn't spend any money on repairs, but that's just me. My advice, for whatever it's worth, is to get one of the small blade helis, you'll get a lot more for your money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNGAPvWpnTI
ok thanks for the advice
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:04 AM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
thanks again for the advice. you were right it aint worth much it just goes basicly up and down. i would like to get one that i can put my 6 channel futaba radio in do you have any suggestions as to a type of heli to look in to or brand thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:48 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
I like futaba myself - my first radio was a attack 4 way back before they had gold stickers on the back, and my current fixed wing radio is a conquest 6.
If your 6 channel has all the swash mixing heli stuff avail you'll be able to use it on a CP (collective pitch) heli like a 450, but it doesn't sound like you're ready for that yet. It sounds like your new to heli so you'll probably want some experience on a trainer first?

The most popular small trainer helis are made by Blade, and they use spectrum radios. I'm going to need a new heli radio soon and I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with futaba or be like everyone else and use a spectrum like a dx6 or dx7.

You won't get many answers in this thread cause it's a little old and the title is about tail motors so start a new thread and ask the same questions - like any trainers that will use a futaba radio or what are the other best options. A new thread will get you answers and good advice from balr and jasmine and a some of the other helpful people.

I will suggest what I know they'll suggest in the new thread - get a good simulator like phoenix or realflight. It'll speed the learning process a lot and save you a ton of money on crashes and repairs.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
I like futaba myself - my first radio was a attack 4 way back before they had gold stickers on the back, and my current fixed wing radio is a conquest 6.
If your 6 channel has all the swash mixing heli stuff avail you'll be able to use it on a CP (collective pitch) heli like a 450, but it doesn't sound like you're ready for that yet. It sounds like your new to heli so you'll probably want some experience on a trainer first?

The most popular small trainer helis are made by Blade, and they use spectrum radios. I'm going to need a new heli radio soon and I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with futaba or be like everyone else and use a spectrum like a dx6 or dx7.

You won't get many answers in this thread cause it's a little old and the title is about tail motors so start a new thread and ask the same questions - like any trainers that will use a futaba radio or what are the other best options. A new thread will get you answers and good advice from balr and jasmine and a some of the other helpful people.

I will suggest what I know they'll suggest in the new thread - get a good simulator like phoenix or realflight. It'll speed the learning process a lot and save you a ton of money on crashes and repairs.
thanks a bunch. i will start a new thread and yes this is my first heli i knew it was a toy when i got it. but now in ready to move up a couple nitches
Last edited by Jmat; Nov 12, 2012 at 06:22 PM. Reason: add more info