HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:36 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,641 Posts
Discussion
D/R Combo Switch on DX8?

I have the triple rates on ELE set to 30, 60, and 125 on the 3 position D/R ELE switch. I have the same rates set up for RUD and AIL 3 position switches.

On my DX6i, there was a D/R Combo Switch option that would change all three control surfaces at once to the pre-programmed rates so that I didn't have to choose the specific surface's switch while flying.

But I can't seem to find this option on the DX8. I looked in the menu and hunted through the options on the TX. Does anyone know how to do this?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2011, 03:33 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,666 Posts
Once you set the rate on the selected surface go down to the bottom and select which switch you want it assigned to.
Not too hard to figure out.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:13 AM
Joined May 2010
2,641 Posts
perhaps you didn't understand. I already have the surfaces assigned to their switches. Now i'm looking for a combo switch where i can control all three control surface throws at once.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:26 AM
Hurst, Texas USA
Joined Jan 2002
708 Posts
Aerocal is correct.

At the bottom there is an entry for which switch you want to use to toggle between the different rate settings. It does not have to match the label. What you need to do is to select the same switch for rudder rates, aileron rates, and elevator rates.

For example, on mine I use the Elev D/R switch to change the rates for Elevator, Aileron, and Rudder at the same time.
RPatrick is offline Find More Posts by RPatrick
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:52 AM
Joined May 2010
2,641 Posts
RPatrick - ah. That makes sense. I don't know why I didn't think of doing that. Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:02 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
2,001 Posts
But it is a less functional solution than the DX6i where you retain individual and can add grouped control.....
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Jul 15, 2011, 04:59 PM
Joined May 2010
2,641 Posts
exactly. This is why i couldn't find it at first on the DX8. I agree the DX6i is a better solution.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 01:32 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers View Post
But it is a less functional solution than the DX6i where you retain individual and can add grouped control.....
No,it is far more functional than the DX6i by a long shot
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:30 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,608 Posts
I agree with Aerocal, haven't taken out my Dx6i in a bit but when you activate the D/R combi and then select which D/R switch then of course all does all 3 surfaces

The DX8 way in selecting the switch for each surfaces, you can select the same switch for all 3 (COMBI) or just 2 and have the third surface on another switch.

It may be very simple on the DX6i but thats all it is SIMPLE. Its a much more affective way of doing it on the DX8.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Jul 18, 2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:18 AM
Halifax, NS
Joined Sep 2009
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers View Post
Just to clarify this a bit, you cannot have both individual and grouped control for the same surface on the DX6i. When you activate D/R Combi on the DX6i the individual switches no longer work.
karlpenney is offline Find More Posts by karlpenney