HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:25 AM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Im sorry if this is too much off the topic here but I cant find answers elswere.
Im recording with #16, transfer files to windows movie maker and once I cut unwanted piece of video it doesnt play any reminding piece (black screen with sound).
If I transfer the file to Corel Video studio I can cut all I want but then once I touch the file the video skips frames :-(.
I have two or three vids now I can not edit :-(( anywhere. Did not have this problem with file from FPV cam or older #16.
Do I need to convert to some different format first?
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:01 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Im sorry if this is too much off the topic here but I cant find answers elswere.
Im recording with #16, transfer files to windows movie maker and once I cut unwanted piece of video it doesnt play any reminding piece (black screen with sound).
If I transfer the file to Corel Video studio I can cut all I want but then once I touch the file the video skips frames :-(.
I have two or three vids now I can not edit :-(( anywhere. Did not have this problem with file from FPV cam or older #16.
This is the #11 thread, you need the #16 thread.
IF you read posts 1,2.3 & 4, There, they will givr you a lot of help, as the symptoms described are known problems with work- arounds.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:03 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
First, are you using the old XP version of MM? It sounds like you are using the .AVI file version of the #16 firmware, which saves non-standard AVI files that does exactly what you describe with some of the less capable editors. The MOV format version doesn't have this problem, but may have other for some editors.

I suggest you read the large discussion on editing at the beginning of this thread (post #3?) or in my #16 thread (you are posting in the #11 thread here, so the #16 is off topic (but has the same issues with editing).
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:09 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,789 Posts
Filmed this one using my keychain camera and a RCLogger RC Eye One quad

Aerial Video using KeyFob Camera on RCLogger Microquad
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:41 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Thx and again sorry for diverting the thread but I am getting desperate
Sorry and thank you Tom
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:08 PM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
12,039 Posts
I've just stripped an old #11 down to 6.7 grams to go on a micro quad:

The main weight saving is by running the camera off the quad's cell, at the moment though the camera shuts down at 2:20 although the quad doesn't show LVC till just over 6 mins. I will try some better cells that may drop less voltage under load - worst case it will easily handle the weight of a second cell just for the camera if nesc.

Only done a quick test indoors in dim light (worst conditions for a #11 ) - pretty impressed with the lack of vibration. 30 second extract (turn the sound down - I must disconnect or tape over the mic ):

X4test (0 min 38 sec)
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Apr 2012
64 Posts
strange noise

Hi everyone,

I have had this problem several times with #11 and #18 cameras, and now I have finally found some time to record a sample video and show you the problem.
The video posted below is a sample clip extracted from a +1h longer video recorded with my #11 camera. At the beginning the video was perfect considering that it is taken inside my room. After a while, a noise appeared on the right and get more and more intense during the video. At the end, the video was completely ruined. What happened?

problem with #11 (0 min 0 sec)

ginetto
ginetto is offline Find More Posts by ginetto
Last edited by ginetto; Dec 04, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:22 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginetto View Post
Hi everyone,

I have had this problem several times with #11 and #18 cameras, and now I have finally found some time to record a sample video and show you the problem.
The video posted below is a sample clip extracted from a +1h longer video recorded with my #11 camera. At the beginning the video was perfect considering that it is taken inside my room. After a while, a noise appeared on the right and get more and more intense during the video. At the end, the video was completely ruined. What happened?

https://vimeo.com/54899227

ginetto
Your video link did not work, but based on your description, that is the "classic" artifact of a battery that is running out of juice. Normally the camera should stop recording before that happens, but obviously yours does not.in it's
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Apr 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Your video link did not work, but based on your description, that is the "classic" artifact of a battery that is running out of juice. Normally the camera should stop recording before that happens, but obviously yours does not.in it's
The Vimeo is still processing the video.. You can see this other video recorded with #11 version 2.

Noise (0 min 29 sec)

Here, I had the same problem but smaller.

I do not think it a problem of battery, because the noise (a brighter area on the right) became visible after 2 minutes and it increases for +1 hour.
ginetto is offline Find More Posts by ginetto
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:43 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,616 Posts
Quote:
The Vimeo is still processing the video.. You can see this other video recorded with #11 version 2.

https://vimeo.com/46286418

I do not think it a problem of battery, because the noise (a brighter area on the right) became visible after 2 minutes and it increases for +1 hour.
Mtz also had this problem with his #16, albeit not nearly as bad.
A member on the #16 thread suggested the problem could be with the CMOS lens module overheating, which I believe is very logical, especially since we now know this problem also occurs with the #11 / #18.

The only other possibility is that light could be entering into the rear of the CMOS module. If the camera case is intact, and no LED is on during recording, I think we can rule out this possibility.

The only solution is to purchase a new lens module or add additional cooling. If the camera is new, I suggest you contact the seller for a replacement.

From what I have read in the #16 thread, the problem only seems to appear when the cameras record over a long period of time.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:38 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:

https://vimeo.com/46286418

OK, After seeing that I agree it's not the low voltage breakdown, which results in a very jagged breakdown in the picture edge and is accompanied by an intermittent buzzing sound. The image breakdown and buzzing gets worse as the battery becomes more and more depleted.

I think the most plausible cause is mentioned in Isoprop's post, but this doesn't happen in bright light outdoors on a hot sunny day. Indoors in low light such as your example makes the CMOS imager work a lot harder, though, both in long electronic shutter times as well as boosted gain on the CMOS, both of which should generate more heat, I think. But why that would affect the right side of the CMOS more than the left is a bit of a mystery, unless it's because the DSP chip also generates a LOT of heat and it resides on that side of the circuit board and is contributing to the heat issue on the imager.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:37 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
808 camera motion detection sensativity

I have been using the n616setup program by isoprop which is great.

I have the #16 camera with teh version 49 mov software..

There is a motion sensativity of hi or low which does not work..

anybody have an answer for this..

Thanks
mcansea is offline Find More Posts by mcansea
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:34 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcansea View Post
I have been using the n616setup program by isoprop which is great.

I have the #16 camera with teh version 49 mov software..

There is a motion sensativity of hi or low which does not work..

anybody have an answer for this..

Thanks
Well, first of all, you've got your threads confused This is the #11 thread. The only utilities I wrote for the #11 were for the accurate time setting, but that was a very long time ago!

Now back to your #16. Motion sensitivity was only introduced after v0.49, so you'll have to update your firmware to v0.53 if you need that functionality. As you have noticed, parameters that are not valid for the installed firmware version will always be disabled in the GUI.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:59 AM
Joined Dec 2012
241 Posts
Hi, i am new here and want to ask if this version #11 supports motion detection and time lapse recording? Thanks
massimopaolo28 is offline Find More Posts by massimopaolo28
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:16 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimopaolo28 View Post
Hi, i am new here and want to ask if this version #11 supports motion detection and time lapse recording? Thanks
Motion detection and time lapse are a conflicting pair, so you can't combine them.
Both motion detection and time lapse work separately.

The #11 only supports time lapse of 10, 20 or 60 seconds. If you want a wider range (from 0.5 sec. to 60 secs.) then the #16 is the better choice.
You also have more control over motion detection on the #16 (duration and sensitivity), but you also cannot combine the two, for obvious reasons.

If you don't already have a #11, I strongly suggest you take a look at the #16 thread. The #16 is by far the most versatile and supported camera in the 808 size.
Closed Thread