HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:21 PM
Molon Labe
BpPilot's Avatar
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Feb 2008
644 Posts
So, now im getting tempted to go bigger on the battery bay just in case i want to add some serious power somewhere down the line...

I think if i do just go with 2 3s packs, ill go the 5.0 amp hour route for max flight times and less strain on the packs. Hm, ya, maybe ill just stick to this for this build...
BpPilot is offline Find More Posts by BpPilot
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:40 PM
Where the hell is Biggles
Nederland's Avatar
Upstate New York
Joined Mar 2005
215 Posts
Hey Guys,,,

I was flying my demon at the NEAT fair, and it was a great hit,,,Unfortunately I fried the motor because it was flown to much at WOT,,,
I was using CK's 28/40 -2500 motor and it got overheated and I think the
magnets got demagnetized (the magic went out of them)

What should I replace it with,,,,and where can I get it ?

I'm using a 4 S 5000 45C and an ice light 100 ,,6x4 sport prop.

Has anybody tried the Rimfire 28/45-2700 ??
Nederland is offline Find More Posts by Nederland
Last edited by Nederland; Oct 05, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:48 PM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
brosius85's Avatar
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
look i only have a 1/2 dozen flights on the demon, i am still learning. it just torque rolls a little when i jam the throttle, so i can trim it to fly straight at full throttle, but it then can't fly hands free at lower throttle. if you know what it mean.

i just need some more flights on it

and i need some better batts these drop the power too quickly.
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:08 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
murdnunoc's Avatar
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nederland View Post
Hey Guys,,,

I was flying my demon at the NEAT fair, and it was a great hit,,,Unfortunately I fried the motor because it was flown to much at WOT,,,
I was using CK's 28/40 -2500 motor and it got overheated and I think the
magnets got demagnetized (the magic went out of them)

What should I replace it with,,,,and where can I get it ?

I'm using a 4 S 5000 45C and an ice light 100 ,,6x4 sport prop.

Has anybody tried the Rimfire 28/45-2700 ??
Would you maybe be talking about the Ammo motors? Also by Electrifly, but their inrunner line.

The Ammos are not bad. KV may even be a little lower than the actual KV of the Rokett/Medusa motor.
You could probably do better in performance for about the same price and weight, though.
HET 2W-25 at 2720kv and $69 would be a good choice.
Mega 16/25/1.5SE is the most power in that motor size for around $125.
Mega is also available in the super strong 5mm Combat shaft.

Your Rokett 2500kv motor probably had a true KV of aroudn 2830kv. So use that for comparisons.
Going just a little lower in KV will allow you either more confidence in WOT with the 6x4 prop, or the ability to run a little larger prop like 6x5.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:00 AM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosius85 View Post
look i only have a 1/2 dozen flights on the demon, i am still learning. it just torque rolls a little when i jam the throttle, so i can trim it to fly straight at full throttle, but it then can't fly hands free at lower throttle. if you know what it mean.

i just need some more flights on it

and i need some better batts these drop the power too quickly.
Brosius, if your radio will do it mis some aileron trim in with the throttle
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:15 AM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
brosius85's Avatar
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
to be honest i would prefer the devil i know than the chance of losing it with a crazy mix haha

thanks anyway :P
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:40 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
moparmyway's Avatar
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
Brosius, if your radio will do it mis some aileron trim in with the throttle
Dude ...............
CK would never advise this as a solution ..............

Brosius ...........
Contact CK, sounds like you need some rt thrust in the mount, but ask CK, he knows best !!!!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:21 AM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
brosius85's Avatar
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
im not overly concerned with it, it really is ok. it does move aobut a little but nothing to be too worried about.

i would not like to be the pilot if it had a 7x7 on 9s though!!!

that is all.
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:13 PM
Where the hell is Biggles
Nederland's Avatar
Upstate New York
Joined Mar 2005
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdnunoc View Post
Would you maybe be talking about the Ammo motors? Also by Electrifly, but their inrunner line.

The Ammos are not bad. KV may even be a little lower than the actual KV of the Rokett/Medusa motor.
You could probably do better in performance for about the same price and weight, though.
HET 2W-25 at 2720kv and $69 would be a good choice.
Mega 16/25/1.5SE is the most power in that motor size for around $125.
Mega is also available in the super strong 5mm Combat shaft.

Your Rokett 2500kv motor probably had a true KV of aroudn 2830kv. So use that for comparisons.
Going just a little lower in KV will allow you either more confidence in WOT with the 6x4 prop, or the ability to run a little larger prop like 6x5.

Yeah Ammo is what i meant,,

Oh Baby..$ 125 is nasty ! Where does on get one nowadays ? Is layaway available ?

I never bent a shaft or even broke prop on the pusher wings,,but I had a Demon Blunt that you couldn't land once without bending or breaking stuff.
I got so sick of it I tossed the thing,,,,now i regret it,,,,,,It seemed way faster than the regular demon with the same powersetup.

Ammo,HET,Mega,ARC,Rokett.........Tough choice
Nederland is offline Find More Posts by Nederland
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:45 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
moparmyway's Avatar
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nederland View Post
Ammo, HET, Mega, ARC, Rokett.........Tough choice
Really ??
If this were an S.A.T. test, I would have been throwing airplanes and folded up paper at you (when the teacher turned around) with MEGA written all over them !!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:45 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,766 Posts
Ya bro if its torking its due to the over sized prop , I would drop down to a 6.5 to 5 aeronaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Dude ...............
CK would never advise this as a solution ..............

Brosius ...........
Contact CK, sounds like you need some rt thrust in the mount, but ask CK, he knows best !!!!
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:32 PM
Where the hell is Biggles
Nederland's Avatar
Upstate New York
Joined Mar 2005
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Really ??
If this were an S.A.T. test, I would have been throwing airplanes and folded up paper at you (when the teacher turned around) with MEGA written all over them !!
The thing flies so fine its probably worth getting a home equity loan for a Mega.
So where does one get one ?
( you gotta pay to play !)
Nederland is offline Find More Posts by Nederland
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:15 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
moparmyway's Avatar
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,975 Posts
Depends on which motor you are looking for .................
PM Murdo to see what he has on hand, aint sure if CK is still selling them, Gary @ e-flux has them ........................... if its a custom order, it will be longer
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:59 AM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
brosius85's Avatar
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
i got my mega at efflux , but i had to wait 4 weeks as it was not in stock. great motor. get the combat shaft.
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:56 PM
Something Something RC
rlc2052's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Nov 2010
122 Posts
Received my 3s 5000 battery and the 6 X 4 Sport. Thanks for the heads up on the prop moparmyway.

Good news is that the 3s 5000 fits in the front of the battery compartment. If it survives long enough at 5s I could make the move up to 6S 5000.

I'm loving your new wing CK. 2 - 3 hour flight time is insane!!!
Edited Mandy vid ground view (7 min 24 sec)
rlc2052 is offline Find More Posts by rlc2052
Last edited by rlc2052; Oct 08, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I got some Fan Fold what to build thread part II started by emoone!!! Don Sims Foamies (Kits) 188 Jan 23, 2010 08:28 PM
Build Log RiteWing 48-FT build thread theclaw Slope 46 Dec 09, 2007 08:53 AM
Mountain Models Tantrum Partial Build Thread.. Tram Parkflyers 142 Apr 03, 2004 10:41 PM
My Bobolink Build Thread (very Colibri like) Jim Poor Hand Launch 65 Dec 10, 2003 04:48 PM
Switchback re-build thread (or What the $#*& was that!) Biggles604 Parkflyers 17 Jun 23, 2003 09:34 PM