Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Yesterday, 05:28 AM
Joined May 2014
3 Posts
Discussion
Li balance charger with individual cell capacity

Is there any balance charger that displays individual cell capacity, either directly or via the PC software?

This would make it much easier to test recycled 18650 cells, 3 to 5 at a time, while currently I can only have one per charger channel.
nunojpg is offline Find More Posts by nunojpg
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 05:44 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,511 Posts
Not indivual cell capacity but instead indivual cell voltage which if they are the same when discharged and charged capacity will be the same.
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM
Joined May 2014
3 Posts
I found differences in capacity up to 30% on cells taken out from a laptop pack.
nunojpg is offline Find More Posts by nunojpg
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,511 Posts
Quote:
I found differences in capacity up to 30% on cells taken out from a laptop pack.
I can believe that but yor question was

Quote:
Is there any balance charger that displays individual cell capacity, either directly or via the PC software?

To wich I replied

Quote:
Not indivual cell capacity but instead indivual cell voltage which if they are the same when discharged and charged capacity will be the same.
When discharged low capacity cells will reach lower voltages first.

Take some of the30% lower capacity ones and place them in series wth some of the better one, do a balanced charge then discharge them and monitorthe indivau cell votlages and the lower cpaity ones will run out juice firstand when charged will reach set charge to voltage first .

See third attachment here note red line cell #3 is th low capacty one
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...95&postcount=1
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Yesterday at 08:00 PM.