HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:32 PM
Joined Oct 2009
4 Posts
Discussion
"A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the post Occife" V911/RM2233

I noticed on Google that some Israeli RC groups post on this site.As I already had an account I thought I'd this story here as it may be of use to any one ordering from outside Israel.

Search this thread only
romaurie@gmail.com
Rookie
1[COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]
I am assuming the V911 is so reasonably priced because it has no gyro.Which means you need a higher degree of manual dexterity to control it correctly.Which would mean something like the Walkera V1200SD which costs considerably more, would be easier to fly.Now before someone says I'm stating the bl#$ding obvious, let me tell you a little story.
I am a British refrigeration engineer working in Eilat.Which some may know is in Israel.I ordered a Walkera V12300SD on Nov.27th. last year.I also ordered a simulator from "Deal Extreme"{I am assuming it is O.K. to mention dealers names} by Jan.1st neither the simulator or the helicopter had arrived.Heli-pal appologised and said it should arrive by mid-January due to high postal traffic.So meanwhile as Xmas had been somewhat dismal due to lack of my eagerly anticipated helicopter arriving, I decided to order a V911 from "Tom-top-games".I also ordered another 6 ch simulator because Deal Extreme could not convince Paypal it had been dispatched and gave me a $27 refund to buy the same simulator from Tom-top for $20.
Jan.14th. I got a letter from the Israel customs "occife" telling me a package was there for my collection.Now actually it wasn't ready for collection due to Israel's very tough radio communications laws which also cover the model control frequencies.I understand why they need these laws, what with somewhat unfriendly neighbors to Israel but when you can buy 2.44GHZ little helicopters like the V911 over the counter here at double the price I can get them from Kong Hong it "erked" me the ministry of communications were dragging their heels in giving permission to use the Devcon transmitter with the V1200DS .It has now been 3 weeks and permission has not yet been granted.! more week and the customs occife will send the package back to the seller in Kong Hong.I won't get a refund because (in complete fairness it is not the sellers problem)I have just got a letter from the customs occife to me to come in and see them.It appears permission has not yet been granted but someone in the occife is interested in buying it from me if the permission does not arrive in time.
Meanwhile 2 simulators and the V911 arrived at the post occife a hundred meters from my apartment.No meed for customs due to the fact the goods were less than $100.So I have been trying to get some practice in on the V911 and am finding a little bit more difficult than the the 3 channel heli s I've had before.It would appear from videos that the Walkera is easier to learn on than the 4 ch 911 due to the gyros.I have seen the test flight videos of the Walkera and when trimmed well will just hover with no need for the transmitter.Which means It has got to be a lot easier to fly.Not stunts, but regular flying to build up experience.So Sunday I will explain what I have written here to the bloke in the customs occife.I will give the Bl$%dy V911 as a present if he clears my Walkera through customs!
[/COLOR]

3 channel R/C & I/R metal frame helicopters (4 min 20 sec)

3 channel metal frame RC helicopter (5 min 44 sec)
romaurie is offline Find More Posts by romaurie
to remove ads between posts