HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2009, 06:04 AM
Joined Jan 2005
3 Posts
Question
Ordering 2,4 gHz conversion for FF9

Ive decided to convert my still very good old FieldForce 9 to 2,4 gHz:

1) I prefer the Spektrum set over the Assan. Assan is (far more) better available on internet shops, however Spektrum will bind with all those nice RTF micro planes that are standard equipped with Spectrum. Is my assumption right?

2) On the net I can only find the required Spektrum MSFUT7 modul in a combo with the Spektrum AR7000 Rx. For I only fly small (electro and sail) planes I wont use this Rx. Do you know where the MSFUT7 modul is offered separately, or even better in a combo with one or more Spektrum AR6100 or AR6100e Rxs?

3) Tried to under stand the difference between the AR6100 and AR6100e and did not find this yet. Can you explain me that?

Although Im a very experienced RC-flyer, Im a complete dummy on RC-techniques so a real huge thanks for any help.
michel is offline Find More Posts by michel
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2009, 06:16 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Here is the Spektrum DM8 module from Espirit Models

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=5693

Also, here is a description of the Spektrum Rx's

http://www.toddsmodels.com/Spektrum_Receivers_s/85.htm
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Nov 29, 2009, 12:50 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel View Post
Ive decided to convert my still very good old FieldForce 9 to 2,4 gHz:1) I prefer the Spektrum set over the Assan. Assan is (far more) better available on internet shops, however Spektrum will bind with all those nice RTF micro planes that are standard equipped with Spectrum. Is my assumption right?2) On the net I can only find the required Spektrum MSFUT7 modul in a combo with the Spektrum AR7000 Rx. For I only fly small (electro and sail) planes I wont use this Rx. Do you know where the MSFUT7 modul is offered separately, or even better in a combo with one or more Spektrum AR6100 or AR6100e Rxs?3) Tried to under stand the difference between the AR6100 and AR6100e and did not find this yet. Can you explain me that? Although Im a very experienced RC-flyer, Im a complete dummy on RC-techniques so a real huge thanks for any help.
Another 2.4GHz now available for consideration of Futaba TX (as listed in postscript):
Spectra 2.4/Optima 7 Combo
Hitec RCD Product Details 2009
Hitec RCD Optima 6, 7 & 9ch Receiver Manual
Hitec RCD Spectra 2.4GHz Module Manual

With regard to Horizon BNF models:
Buy the BNF model from Horizon, Remove and sell the Spektrum receiver
Install a Hitec Optima receiver, Bind - Fly. Already done by a local user.
The best deal will be the package with the module and 1+1 receivers. The first package is out with the 7CH RX's for $129.99. [Each combo pack sold in USA contains a coupon to be sent into Hitec for a second RX free]The 6CH combo will be $114.99. Muliptle Rx packages maybe available but nothing announced yet.

Aurora 9 Mixes, Setups, Tips, Undocumented Features. {frequently updated} includes Spectra & Optima FAQ, especially the use of the Optima with indoor models and the forthcoming Minima RX.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
PS: Spectra Pro 2.4Ghz is also compatible with other Module Type Transmitters that use the same Futaba/Hitec module shape/size/pin slots. e.g.:
5UAF, 5UAP
7UAF,7UAFS, 7UAP,7UAPS, 7UHF,7UHFS, 7UHP,7UHPS
8UAF, 8UAFS, 8UAP, 8UAPS, 8UHF,8UHFS,8UHP, 8UHPS
(8FGA, 8FGH as non-module radios can not be accomodated).
9CA, 9CH, 9CAPS, 9CAFS, 9CHPS, 9CHFS
10CH, 10CA
(10CAG or 10CHG as non-module radios can not be accomodated).
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.