HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM
Joined Apr 2014
122 Posts
Havent got a build log on the CX thread im afraid. I can only work on it in the evening, tiny bits at a time (last night I shortened 3 servo leads), and before that, have replaced pretty much everything with Align bits, installed washers for almost every screw (they have small heads, just a tiny bit bigger than the holes and because of this they tend to chew themselves inside the cf without washers) Also needed to modify the motor mount for Turnigy 2627 motor (bigger than stock) and that took me a lot since it fits, but cannot slide back and forth to get the mesh right, so had to get it 100% right first try. Came out great. Not much time left for pictures really.

Apparently the esc still arms itself, and you have to define throttle positions immediately after initialising. I dont care if it arms itself, as long as I defined the throttle min and max pos. This is how ive done it, worked exactly like in the video. Probably thats what Plush esc`s do. I`m still wondering why the 12A doesnt do this (otherwise you wouldve known), or why the 18 and 25A work like this.
I know youve been complaining about the 977 esc doing the same, would be pretty sweet if this also worked on it.

How to Calibrate PPM Min/Max Value with BLHeli ESC (1 min 54 sec)

Ps sorry about your Devo. Info on how to fix it might be difficult to find as you dont know whats broken...blank screen could be anything. I would instead look for other broken 7e's on ebay (preferably just broken sticks) for a donor board. Have you tried the board in a preheated oven for 3 (?) minutes to reflow soldering? Whats to lose.
Hugo Stiglitz is online now Find More Posts by Hugo Stiglitz
Last edited by Hugo Stiglitz; Yesterday at 11:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,335 Posts
The MCU has since blown a hole in it's casing so there's definetely a short somewhere on the board so need to trace it out and see how it goes.
joeclone is offline Find More Posts by joeclone