Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 06, 2013, 11:50 AM
Joined Jan 2012
19 Posts
Discussion
Real Estate Shoot - How much do you charge?

I have recently started to work with my local agents taking photos of their properties for sale. My services are free at the moment, but I intend to fly for profit in the future. Before anyone gets knocked off their rocker, I am a Canadian resident and have experience obtaining a SFOC and currently have my ROC-A. This thread is not about legality, or about how to become Transport Canada approved.

I would like to know what others consider a fair price for their shots, and if the agents/owners in your area are willing to spend the money. Full size aircraft pilots in my area either charge cost of fuel to obtain flight hours, or up to $450 for a flyover at legal altitude.

What is your time worth?
How much do you charge?
How do you offer your images? (package, per shot, etc.)

*Please no negative Nancies, thank you!
1080 is offline Find More Posts by 1080
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2013, 12:18 PM
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jun 2002
1,789 Posts
Hi 1080. Like you we are a Canadian company, in Alberta. We have yet to break into the real estate market and find it puzzling that they have not tried us....even said we will do the first listing for free so they can see what it is that we do and still not bites. We were also offering a discout. Are you shooting for rural listings or individual homes in residential areas?
Take a look at our website for details on pricing. www.stratosview.com
Cheers
CG
Canada Goose is offline Find More Posts by Canada Goose
Old Apr 06, 2013, 02:46 PM
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Aug 2007
683 Posts
$350 for a few good images. Usually 3 15 minute flights. I focus on quality rather than quantity.
MauiNate is offline Find More Posts by MauiNate
Old Apr 07, 2013, 03:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Goose View Post
Hi 1080. Like you we are a Canadian company, in Alberta. We have yet to break into the real estate market and find it puzzling that they have not tried us....even said we will do the first listing for free so they can see what it is that we do and still not bites. We were also offering a discout. Are you shooting for rural listings or individual homes in residential areas?
Take a look at our website for details on pricing. www.stratosview.com
Cheers
CG
I currently fly in rural areas only. Thanks for the insight, the market in your area may just not require such services at this time. Maybe focus on listings over 500k, or private sellers. I hope the best for your company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiNate View Post
$350 for a few good images. Usually 3 15 minute flights. I focus on quality rather than quantity.
Thanks for the numbers, do you shoot any oceanfront properties? I agree with your quality > quantity statement.
1080 is offline Find More Posts by 1080
Old Apr 07, 2013, 03:44 PM
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Aug 2007
683 Posts
Actually, very little oceanfront surprisingly. The big helis can shoot those just fine.
MauiNate is offline Find More Posts by MauiNate
Old Apr 07, 2013, 04:33 PM
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jun 2002
1,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080;24643465 I am a Canadian resident and have experience obtaining a SFOC and currently have my ROC-A. [U
This thread is not about legality, or about how to become Transport Canada approved.[/U]
Seeing as you are doing it for free then you will know that you do not need an SFOC but as soon as you start charging then Transport Canada come into the picture. We just started business early last year and at first the wait time was about a month and then when it was the height of the season it was 2 months which is impossible to run a business around. The solution is to obtain an extended SFOC but that takes time as Transport Canada will want you to have "experience" with them before they will even consider you. The lady we have been dealing with reports that TC is understaffed and they have had an ever increasing amount of AP'ers all wanting to gain certification.
CG
Canada Goose is offline Find More Posts by Canada Goose