HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:31 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,151 Posts
dude! to buzz a giraffe would be epic!!!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:41 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
dude! to buzz a giraffe would be epic!!!
I might have to settle for ramming a Bud Light truck.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:42 AM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
I am currently negotiating with Budweiser to fly my Laser at the Bud brewery in Tampa and shoot a video with the Bud Light trucks in the background. I'll have to get Eric to print me up some Bud Light decals. If I can pull this off it will be pretty cool. I'm just waiting to hear from the distributor and eventually I will talk to the right person who will say either yea or nay.

I wanted to do it at Busch Gardens, but Busch no longer owns it and the corporation that does (Sea World) is afraid of a mega million dollar lawsuit. To me it's a bit sad that in today's ridiculous litigeous enviornment thst AMA's 2.5 million dollar insurance is not enough for me to fly a toy airplane on the Serengeti plains surrounded by nothing but Giraffes and hyenas.

Check my blog article for tip on decal application.

Everyone has gotta have a hobby!

No kidding! Also, I know the Boss pours his soul into making these the best built, best flying, best looking planes out there. Talking to him I get the impression that he cares more about people flying the crap out of his planes and enjoying them than he even does about making money off it. He never talks about money, but when you say you are having a blast flying his planes, he really lights up. I think it means a lot to him that we take pride in flying his creations.

Just don't tell them who cut your bud light decals. We don't want anymore copyright infringements bothering the rc vinyl guys, lol!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:44 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Just don't tell them who cut your bud light decals. We don't want anymore copyright infringements bothering the rc vinyl guys, lol!
Oh, yeah. I'll tell them I got them out of China!
Last edited by Doc Austin; Feb 06, 2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:18 PM
Extreme Flight Addict!!!
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2008
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
I am currently negotiating with Budweiser to fly my Laser at the Bud brewery in Tampa and shoot a video with the Bud Light trucks in the background. I'll have to get Eric to print me up some Bud Light decals. If I can pull this off it will be pretty cool. I'm just waiting to hear from the distributor and eventually I will talk to the right person who will say either yea or nay.

I wanted to do it at Busch Gardens, but Busch no longer owns it and the corporation that does (Sea World) is afraid of a mega million dollar lawsuit. To me it's a bit sad that in today's ridiculous litigeous enviornment thst AMA's 2.5 million dollar insurance is not enough for me to fly a toy airplane on the Serengeti plains surrounded by nothing but Giraffes and hyenas.

Check my blog article for tip on decal application.

Everyone has gotta have a hobby!

No kidding! Also, I know the Boss pours his soul into making these the best built, best flying, best looking planes out there. Talking to him I get the impression that he cares more about people flying the crap out of his planes and enjoying them than he even does about making money off it. He never talks about money, but when you say you are having a blast flying his planes, he really lights up. I think it means a lot to him that we take pride in flying his creations.

Yeah I have read your blog and I too use rapid tac!! I have used it from the first time I ordered a set of decals from B&E. Great product!!
HELLFIRE989 is offline Find More Posts by HELLFIRE989
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:37 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,368 Posts
Having been run around for five months and told someone would get back to me, now I find out that Budweiser no longer operates a brewery in Tampa.

I'll start working on another idea for a cool Laser video, but for now I am certainly disappointed.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:26 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,368 Posts
After all of today's laser talk I was pretty jazzed to go fly mine, so I did.

These are 3000 X 1688 for desktop use, but you can reduce them to 1920 X 1080 if you need to.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:38 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
heh... im starting to trust more and more to my laser landing gear... today had a major durability testing wich seems to have costed me rudder servo (0255) and 1 or 2 sfg... for a change i put 12x6 aeronaut propeller today (sunnysky 800kv), and if 13x4 was extremely slow, than 12x6 was just a tad under what i would like to have... smaller disc of course made it harder in low and slow, but all the rest was much improved over 13x4... (still i think 13x6 or 13x7 on 700-750kv i would like much more) by the end i was attempting gentle entry into a hover with a tail dunk in a taller grass, somehow ended up inverted, somehow managed to flip the plane over, on a wingtip and that slammed on the landing gear... i actually expected to snap the landing gear, but instead i blew rudder servo.. i might just dig up my old mxs sfgs, so i dont have to order new ones... (im too lasy to repair) overall i just cant wait for a 60" laser! i think i finally sorted out my KE and CoG... and finally i can (mostly) nail slow point rolls! i just love them on EF planes!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:48 PM
Extreme Flight Addict!!!
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2008
261 Posts
Well my Laser arrived today!! So excited for this one. it's going to have a Motrolfly 2820-683kv motor swinging a 14x7 xoar!! Gonna be a riot!! Can't wait to experience all the positive things I've heard about the Laser. Hopefully my motor and esc show up fairly quick so i can maiden it and my new 48" extra on the same day!!!! Oooohhh I love new toys!!!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:17 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLFIRE989 View Post
Well my Laser arrived today!! So excited for this one. it's going to have a Motrolfly 2820-683kv motor swinging a 14x7 xoar!! Gonna be a riot!! Can't wait to experience all the positive things I've heard about the Laser. Hopefully my motor and esc show up fairly quick so i can maiden it and my new 48" extra on the same day!!!! Oooohhh I love new toys!!!
congrats!

I was running a 13x6.5 on the same motor and then switched to the 14x7. both xoar. there is definitely an increase in power output, but I think I liked the 13" prop better. the 14" seemed to add a noticeable amount of pitch induced yawing, but I only put about five windy packs through it.

next outing I plan to try a xoar 13x7. I'm hoping this is a happy medium between disc size and speed.

either way, it's a great little motor. please let us know how you like the 14x7.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:52 PM
Extreme Flight Addict!!!
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2008
261 Posts
Well I just unboxed my new Laser!!! OMG!! It is amazing!! I mean seriously the quality of this 48 is on par with the 64" Mxs!! This is my 3rd 48" plane and the build changes and quality of this kit is indeed above all the other 48" Exp's!! But it should as it is the newest addition!! That said I just built one of the oldest designs.. the 48" Extra and it is extremely amazing as well. I can't wait to get started on this beauty. It is so nice it is going to have to get the Full B&E Graphix treatment!!! I gotta say!!! Thank you Extreme Flight for always raising the bar!!! Can't wait for the 48" Yak, 60" Laser and 78/87" Mxs ohhh dear lord I'm addicted!!!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:59 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLFIRE989 View Post
Well I just unboxed my new Laser!!! .....It is so nice it is going to have to get the Full B&E Graphix treatment!!!
Please check this before you do your decals........... http://docaustinextreme.blogspot.com...-graphics.html

Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:43 AM
United States, NC, Smithfield
Joined Jul 2012
276 Posts
Maidened mine this morning... just awesome

I did have a little problem with the power system on my last battery, did a pop top and when I reapplied throttle there was a viscious grinding noise before the motor kicked back in, was this a timing glitch? Using a motrolfly 2820 with 85 amp ztw B. Should I use an idle mix or something to keep it from happening again or any other ideas on what the cause could have been?
Brush Hog is online now Find More Posts by Brush Hog
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:48 AM
LOWERRR!
United States, TX, Roanoke
Joined Sep 2006
1,452 Posts
I have some Pulse 2200 4S batteries.... how many of you guys use 2200s in this plane? I use 2650s in my EF 48" Edge and they're about perfect butted up to the wing tube. It can be a PITA to get batteries out here so I'm hoping what I have will work.

ETA: My other choice is 25c 2650s.
MadMonkey572 is online now Find More Posts by MadMonkey572
Last edited by MadMonkey572; Feb 24, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:01 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,188 Posts
I use 4s 2200mAh batteries, no problems.

I'm sure 2650 would also be ok but the only thing you would have to watch for is that the Laser doesnt end up very nose heavy. I have the 2200 hard up against the wing tube to get a near neutral CG. I'm using a slightly heavier than standard motor so if you are using the Torque 2814 then you may be ok CG wise with the bigger battery.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer