Closed Thread
Old Jul 03, 2011, 05:36 PM
Noob
Joined Apr 2011
40 Posts
Discussion
Cell fluxuation...

Hiya,

I have a Flightmax (from HK) 1000mah 3s lipo pack that I've had no issues with for about 20 or so cycles.

Recently, I happened to be watching the individual cell voltages while balance charging the pack. Something odd was happening...

One of the cells was intermittently showing 1V. While that cell dropped to 1V, the second cell showed 7+V, basically as though it was reporting the voltage of 2 cells. It would do this for about 2-5 seconds, then return to "normal" with all 3 cells showing voltages in the correct range.

Is this just an anomaly with the reporting of cell voltage or should I stop using the pack and dispose of it?

Thanks!

Update:
So, it looks like I've found the issue, but it leads to another question. One of the wires from the balance lead has disconnected from the battery, which would explain the intermittent issue. Can I solder it back on or is it dangerous?

Update 2: Found some other threads on soldering the leads back in place. Should be no problem. I'm closing the thread, since the issue is solved.

May all of your take-offs and landings be equal!
Oakstone is offline Find More Posts by Oakstone
Last edited by Oakstone; Jul 03, 2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Update
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread