New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2015, 05:53 PM
Find More Posts by Cheekie Bandito
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined Mar 2014
31 Posts
Discussion
Naza M lite and Devention Devo 7 with Rx701 reciever problems

I just picked up a Naza M lite to replace the stock controller that came with my Arris M450.
I believe Ive hooked everything up correctly. Main problem I have is that the Naza Assist software does not see the 3 position flight mode switch I think I have configured on the transmitter. The software sees me moving the throttle, rudder etc but not the FMD switch. The "control mode switch" section in the Naza software is greyed out and set to Failsafe.
I think I have Aux2 channel set to the FMD switch on the transmitter. I have Aux2 on the receiver plugged into the U channel on the Naza.

Thats the first problem... the second is when I unplug from the PC and turn everything on, the LED flashes red green red green then very fast red and it doesnt stop.

Help!
Cheekie Bandito is offline Find More Posts by Cheekie Bandito
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2015, 06:49 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined Mar 2014
31 Posts
Ok... I think Im getting somewhere. I changed the plug from aux2 on the receiver to aux1 and now when I change the switch the "Control Mode Switch" section moves. However when I flip the switch on the transmitter the slider in teh Naza software moves from failsafe right across the slider to failsafe. Are there settings on the transmitter I need to tweak?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 08:10 AM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined Mar 2014
31 Posts
WOW the manual for the Devo 7 transmitter SUCKS.
Anyone a guru with the Devo 7 ?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:35 AM
Find More Posts by Rook62
Team Crash
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Apr 2014
2,448 Posts
Devo 7 & Devo F7 Setting to Dji Naza Flight Controller (15 min 19 sec)

check out and follow the instructions on this video. it is what helped me get my naza m lite and devo 7 setup.
Rook62 is online now Find More Posts by Rook62
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:51 AM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined Mar 2014
31 Posts
Thanks!! Will do when I get home!!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 01:57 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined Mar 2014
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook62 View Post
http://youtu.be/hrRuMaUFfN4

check out and follow the instructions on this video. it is what helped me get my naza m lite and devo 7 setup.
One question... what ESC's and receiver are you using? Was there anything special you had to do with them for the Naza controller? I'm using the ones that came with the Arris M450 which are these:

SkyWalker-20A Brushless ESC
http://www.hobby-wing.com/skywalker-...ti-copter.html

RX701 receiver
http://www.hobby-wing.com/devo-rx701.html
Last edited by Cheekie Bandito; Jan 13, 2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 02:56 PM
Team Crash
Joined Apr 2014
2,448 Posts
I have the stock ESCs, I think they are hobbywing or something like that and the same rx701. Didn't have to do anything special to them.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 08:50 AM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined Mar 2014
31 Posts
Yes!!! This video helped!! I'd been looking at other videos regarding setting up the devo 7 but they were all but useless. This one had the needed settings!! Dont know how long it would have taken me to figure it out on my own with just the Devo 7 manual.
Definitely bookmarked this one.
Just got the motors to startup and everything is looking good!! Just going fully assemble everything!

Thanks!!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 09:39 AM
Team Crash
Joined Apr 2014
2,448 Posts
Trust me I was in the same situation as you and the video, when I finally found it was the answer. I even contacted the guy while I was setting it up and he answered right away and helped with a couple of questions I had. The Devo7 can be a real pain. This video helped a lot.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by larrydavid
Joined Jan 2015
4 Posts
Hi guys, I recently purchased the same setup.. Devo 7, Naza Lite on a DJI F450.

Initially i followed the setup instructions from here:
http://image.helipal.com/helipal-f45...-manual-01.pdf

I'm not sure why, but I was finding that the FMD switch was only working in 2 of the positions, 0-GPS, 1-Atti, and 2 wouldnt move the slider at all. The mix switch was completely not working.

I've then followed the instructions in the above video, which i gather the receiver connections are gear-x2, Aux 1-U, Aux 2-X1 (please correct me if i'm wrong), i still found that the mix switch did nothing, so i changed the input for flight mode to FMD (which works). I would like to use the mix switch to change the IOC modes, i have set the output for gear to mix, but the mix switch still does nothing. I'm starting to think my transmitter may be faulty!?

Any ideas?

Cheers
larrydavid is offline Find More Posts by larrydavid
Last edited by larrydavid; Jan 18, 2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 03:49 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined Mar 2014
31 Posts
Hi Larry...

I also wanted to use the MIX switch for IOC In this video he uses the GEAR switch as he never uses the course lock feature. I have got it setup with the MIX switch, however its backwards... what I mean is that position 0 on the switch is home lock, 1 is course lock and 2 is off. I'm not sure if this can be setup to work in the way I would like it to (and which makes sense) which would be 0 for off, 1 for course lock and 2 for home lock. I guess I could open the unit and physically spin the switch around.
I'm been thinking of also doing a little video to show how I set it up this way... so much easier than typing it all out.
I'll try to whip a video together tomorrow, but yes it can be done. Your transmitter is probably fine.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 06:00 PM
Team Crash
Joined Apr 2014
2,448 Posts
It's difficult to explain but I ran into the same issue from the video and it has been awhile since I did it, but I seem to remember that you have to set it up backwards of the way he did it. I'm sorry I can't be of more help but I don't have access to my Naza and would have to connect to the assistant to remember how to do it and I won't be able to for a while. It can be done though.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by larrydavid
Joined Jan 2015
4 Posts
Cheekie, can't you just reverse the switch under FUNCTION>REVSW?

the other weird thing about mine is the switches seem to be temperamental, sometimes the FMD switch stops working, at one stage the mix switch was also making the flight modes flicker between them.

at the moment the FMD switch appears to be working properly, and the mix switch is only working in positions 1 and 2, position 0 doesnt do anything.

arghhhhh
larrydavid is offline Find More Posts by larrydavid
Old Jan 19, 2015, 03:33 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined Mar 2014
31 Posts
Yes... I figured out reversing the switch... Duh... dunno why I didnt think of it earlier....

Setting up Devo 7 mix switch with Naza M Lite Intelligent Orientation Control (3 min 16 sec)
Old Jan 19, 2015, 05:52 PM
Team Crash
Joined Apr 2014
2,448 Posts
You're really bringing back a lot of bad memories. Great video. I remember I was trying to figure it out for about 3 days until I got it set up right. Good deal making a video on how to do it as I'm sure there will be others who will need help. I'm going to keep it saved just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekie Bandito View Post
Yes... I figured out reversing the switch... Duh... dunno why I didnt think of it earlier....

http://youtu.be/ZX6y1x2eIlc