Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 01, 2014, 05:39 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Feb 2013
39 Posts
Discussion
Selling & shipping

Hi guys, how do you pack & ship an already built plane that you guys are selling in the classified section of this site? I'm fairly new to the hobby & have already picked up more than I have room for at home. I need to make room for other kits I want. I don't know what's the best way to ship a kit that's already built if its got a large wingspan, say 65". Normally I just swap or sell locally but I see with this site you can go nationwide. Any ideas from you seasoned vets?...
renenewman is offline Find More Posts by renenewman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2014, 05:57 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,102 Posts
never done so myself but i would imagine the original box and packing style would be the way to go.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Apr 01, 2014, 08:09 PM
Look out below
United States, OR, McMinnville
Joined Aug 2011
1,167 Posts
The cost of shipping puts a hurt on the sale. I see some on the classified section are willing to drive 1/2 way. And some use greyhound as the shipper.
mcnowhere is offline Find More Posts by mcnowhere
Old Apr 02, 2014, 09:26 AM
United States, Mt, Billings
Joined Jul 2012
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renenewman View Post
Hi guys, how do you pack & ship an already built plane that you guys are selling in the classified section of this site? I'm fairly new to the hobby & have already picked up more than I have room for at home. I need to make room for other kits I want. I don't know what's the best way to ship a kit that's already built if its got a large wingspan, say 65". Normally I just swap or sell locally but I see with this site you can go nationwide. Any ideas from you seasoned vets?...
I shipped one that was already built and just had to break it down as much as possible. The wing shipped separate. I wrapped mine in bubble wrap before it went into the boxes and it all made it without any issues. Find someone who gets a discount on shipping since it is pricey.
chrispkaiser is offline Find More Posts by chrispkaiser