HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:31 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Yep, jasmine has it right. I have a friend who has a Dynam Grand Cruiser and he is one of those people who just can't leave ANY model alone. He has a compulsion to upgrade, even though the plane doesn't need it. To date he has modded this plane until it won't fly; literally. He does the same thing with his RC cars. He mods them until they are unreliable. I understand wanting to mod a plane, but sometimes you need to just sit back and enjoy as is.
I sometimes wonder if people have forgotten that other planes can be built - you aren't stuck with one. This is also a case of "dazzling the uninformed" with things that don't matter. There's lots of "upgrades" which do nothing for performance, might even hurt performance. Like, I always LOL when I see a Honda Civic with a big wing on the back - that does not do anything but slow you down and make you look stupid. To make a Honda Civic go fast, you remove all the bling, because it's just extra weight, and no amount of wings or fart pipes will change F=MA - a law of the universe as far as I know.

So... don't get caught on the upgrade bandwagon - it's a waste of money and time and will more than likely cause more problems than it solves.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:18 PM
Jamal
Canada, PE, Charlottetown
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
Is it easy to change electronics and stuff?
RCJamal is offline Find More Posts by RCJamal
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:26 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJamal View Post
Is it easy to change electronics and stuff?
You don't need to.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:28 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, is it easy to switch transmitters on it?
Yes, you can bind the Champ with any Spektrum or JR radio. The included one is pretty good though. I still use it with the Champ and the Micro P-51.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:31 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
RcJamal, the Champ comes with everything you need and there's nothing extra you need to buy. (Even AA batteries) No need to upgrade anything since it flies so well stock.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:38 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Check it out...

Hobbyzone Champ Unboxing (3 min 36 sec)

The plane is easy to maintain because it's simple. There's really only two things that can go wrong with it - the board gets damaged (rare), or physical damage to the airframe. It's easy to fix physical bumps and cracks - usually just CA glue it back together. The board is easy to maintain too because if anything goes wrong with it, you can't fix it, you just get a new one. You can bash this plane around quite a bit though, and nothing ever goes wrong with it. It can take a pretty hard crash without damage because it weighs almost nothing. There's no upgrades that make any sense, so you don't have to worry about that - but there's quite a few ways to customize the airplane to the look you want. You can even make it into a biplane and you can build other planes from the guts of it.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:52 PM
Jamal
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
I want to use my transmitter so I can get used to it.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:02 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Quote:
I want to use my transmitter so I can get used to it.
Sure, that's a good idea, but if its not a good one, it could hurt to get used to it, because you'll eventually have to switch. Also, it's not as big a deal as you might think... As pointed out already, anyone with skills usually finds it pretty easy to switch radios as long as the general layout is still the same.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:24 PM
Jamal
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
I'll just put it onto my list and see when it comes.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:50 PM
KK4QIN
United States, GA, Cornelia
Joined Jan 2012
1,120 Posts
Right now I'm flying with 3 different txs. One for my champ, one for my v929, and my optic 6 for my " real" planes. I don't have a single problem.
nightfox7 is offline Find More Posts by nightfox7
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:15 PM
Balsa&Tissue
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Jan 2011
2,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7 View Post
Right now I'm flying with 3 different txs. One for my champ, one for my v929, and my optic 6 for my " real" planes. I don't have a single problem.
Also, the one nice feature of the stock transmitter is it has "dual rates". Most people miss this feature and don't realize that just pushing the right stick in until it clicks will put it in "half rate" and makes the plane even more docile for the first timer. This is cool cause almost everyone will over-control their first time out.

However, if you move up to a full-on Spektrum transmitter it is easy to bind to that and then you have all the typical features available to tune the plane's responses to your taste. Not really necessary right away though.

Dave
payne9999 is offline Find More Posts by payne9999
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:12 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,308 Posts
I have a mini heli and i have 2 dx-7 transmitters also but i still use the one that comes with the little heli it works just fine and just like the champ it does not need the extra functions on my dx-7 or the time it would take to set it up. You wont be hitting all kinds of extra switches while you are just trying to learn how to fly. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:19 PM
Jamal
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
I also have one of those little things.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:49 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Quote:
I also have one of those little things.
You need to say more.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:35 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
You need to say more.
Don't you understand? He has one of those thingamabobs that comes with that gizmo.