Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:36 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post

ERKQ - can you hover this one better than the Sbach? I think I need to adjust my throws some more.

Nope. I can't hover anything except a heli. I just don't practice enough (at all). I'd rather be doing tumbles and blenders and stuff.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:18 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
981 Posts
It can hover, but you need a better prop. I can barely hover on my stock prop, but A guy i know used to have one and he said it hovered great on a 3-bladed prop. Im going to try that when i break the stock prop.
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:32 PM
God is my pilot
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,350 Posts
Looking for something 3d to fly in the yard that carries energy better than my flat foam 36" epp edge. I mostly fly 3dhs 41", 48" and 58" planes. enjoy a mix of harrier flight and high energy stuff like tumbling, knife edge spins, pattern etc. Is the qq edge for me in the smaller environment ?
JimTMich is offline Find More Posts by JimTMich
Old Sep 13, 2013, 05:23 AM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
981 Posts
It can be, if you put a good prop on it. its mediocre with the stock prop, as far as 3d goes.
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
Old Sep 13, 2013, 06:18 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTMich View Post
Looking for something 3d to fly in the yard that carries energy better than my flat foam 36" epp edge. I mostly fly 3dhs 41", 48" and 58" planes. enjoy a mix of harrier flight and high energy stuff like tumbling, knife edge spins, pattern etc. Is the qq edge for me in the smaller environment ?
Can't comment on the 3d abilities, but I think you will find that the Edge or Inverza fly much more like a balsa 3d plane than the flat foamies do. These two fly on the wing fine and will glide. They may not do the slow extreme 3d moves as easily, but for faster stuff I think they are probably better, but for sure are more like the 40" class of balsa 3d planes.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Sep 13, 2013, 07:05 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTMich View Post
I find my Edge QQ to fly very similar to my 48" PA Extra 260 yet they fly different if that makes any sense. I can hover the PA better than the Edge but really can't hover either for more than a few seconds but I've only been flying a little over a year now. I have a TH Crak Yak EPP also and while it's a lot of fun (I can actually hover it well) I prefer the flight characteristics of the Edge and Extra.

For harrier, tumbling, spins, and pattern the little Edge does very well and can probably do most any manuever you are capable of. Batteries are CHEAP too.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Sep 13, 2013, 07:23 PM
United States, WA, Bellevue
Joined Jan 2013
283 Posts
So I decided to put sfg's on my edge and I must say it made a world of difference in harrier! It's soooooooo smooth and straight no more wing rock whatsoever!! Best move I made making some for this plane! Became a favorite flyer of mine once again!!
RCstudent is offline Find More Posts by RCstudent
Old Sep 13, 2013, 08:50 PM
Radioactive Flier
United States, IL, Plainfield
Joined Aug 2006
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCstudent View Post
So I decided to put sfg's on my edge and I must say it made a world of difference in harrier! It's soooooooo smooth and straight no more wing rock whatsoever!! Best move I made making some for this plane! Became a favorite flyer of mine once again!!
Can we get some pictures! I would like to see how you did it!
Raylon is offline Find More Posts by Raylon
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:09 PM
United States, WA, Bellevue
Joined Jan 2013
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylon View Post
Can we get some pictures! I would like to see how you did it!
i used dollar tree foam, carbon fiber rods, popsicle sticks, x4 screws... very simple and easy. not the cleanest looking but honestly made a huge difference in harriers!
(all i had were blue and black sharpies)
RCstudent is offline Find More Posts by RCstudent
Old Sep 14, 2013, 02:51 PM
United States, IL, Huntley
Joined Oct 2008
382 Posts
Grub screw size?

Hi,

Can someone please post the Hex size of the grub screws used on the base of metal prop adapter where it tightens over motor shaft ?

thanks,
Ken
KenS999 is offline Find More Posts by KenS999
Old Sep 17, 2013, 04:26 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined May 2011
111 Posts
What's up guys. gonna place an ad in the classifieds but figured I'd put here first. wanting to sell my edge fuse, wings, cowl, etc. everything except electronics. Make some offers if any one wants it. I'll have an add up later.

Mike.
Gmoney97lgt is offline Find More Posts by Gmoney97lgt
Old Sep 17, 2013, 05:13 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,731 Posts
Might be interested, but trying to decide what I would do with it. What kind of shape is it in?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 05:14 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined May 2011
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Might be interested, but trying to decide what I would do with it. What kind of shape is it in?
Brand new never flown. Bought to fly once my skills got better. Then robbed the electronics for a guillows conversion. Perfect shape.
Gmoney97lgt is offline Find More Posts by Gmoney97lgt
Old Oct 06, 2013, 06:36 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,523 Posts
Still flying EDGE
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Oct 06, 2013, 09:13 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,731 Posts
Me too! - Love this little devil