HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
I just flashed my KK2 with version 1.5 and now I don't have my motor selection, only one that shows up is +.
Any suggestions?
Unfortunately I also flashed my spare KK2 board and checking it, it also has no choice for different motor set ups, only one selectable is the + version.
I tried flashing the 1.3 version, but still no more motor selections, just the + version.
What have I done wrong??????
horchoha is offline Find More Posts by horchoha
Last edited by horchoha; Dec 08, 2012 at 12:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:24 AM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horchoha View Post
I just flashed my KK2 with version 1.5 and now I don't have my motor selection, only one that shows up is +.
Any suggestions?
That is odd. Try flashing 1.5 again. Or try 1.4 and see.
subaru4wd is offline Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:33 AM
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2011
135 Posts
I have flown 7 or 8 flawless flights on my quad using the KK2 board. Then I took it apart to reconfigure it and add my FPV gear. Ever since then I had an intermittent throttle glitch that would either kill the throttle for a split second or go to full throttle for a split second - spontaneously.
Tonight I found a loose signal wire on the jumper going from channel 4 of the rx to the KK2. I believe this is the rudder channel. Can any of you folks who are more knowledgeable than me in how the KK2 works give any insight as to whether or not this might cause the problem I am having?
When the throttle glitched, it was all motors because it either went straight up or straight down (although I did have self level on all the time, if that matters) - would a flaky rudder signal cause all the motors to glitch?

Thanks in advance for any insight
fuzzydog is offline Find More Posts by fuzzydog
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:40 AM
United States, KS, Buhler
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
I don't understand the question. ESC, Receiver setup, calibration, load tricopter motor layout, confirm motor layout, confirm servo operation, and fly. *If* it spins out of control then reverse the servo in the mixer editor.

http://oddcopter.com/2012/11/08/trou...ht-controller/
I'm using this motor Layout Left CW with a reverse prop ,Right (CCW) with a Standard pro and back (CW) with a reverse prop all of them 8x4. Because I have a huge stock of 8x4 Standard props I want to setup my tri to this motor layout:
Left CCW with a Standard prop ,Right CW with a Reverse prop and back CCW with a standard prop. I have motor ESC setup for this but i was wondering if I have to change the mixer settiing.

jc
juanquy is online now Find More Posts by juanquy
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:50 AM
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
I think as he has swapped wires between ESC and motor that he may just want to change the rotation.

If that is the case, the mix editor does not need changing unless the Yaw Gyro need reversing but he will know that as soon as he starts to lift.

On mine I have (from top) front left Clockwise, Front Right Anti Clockwise and Tail Anti Clockwise, works great like that.

I cannot fathom any reason that he would want to connect his motors in any order than the normal 1,2,3 for a Tricopter, it is just pointless to do so.
Thats why I assume it is just the rotation he is changing.

The Original KK2 firmware showed the Tri with motors all rotating same way, I believe it has changed in 1.4 etc now to the standard front two opposite and rear whatever.
Of course if the rotation!! I'm talking about cables btw ESC and motors!! not ESC ==> KK2 my question was if after I have this done, I have to change something in the mixer editor.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:17 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,549 Posts
Tricopter motor and KK2 configuration

The motor layout diagram on the KK2 does not have to be complied with when setting up a tricopter. As long as the motors turn in the correct direction for the props, the motors can all spin in the same direction or one can spin in the opposite direction (and the opposite direction motor can be on any of the legs).

The odd number of motors (3) means that there will always be torque resulting in yaw. Depending on the configuration, that yaw may be clockwise or anticlockwise.

When testing your tricopter, the KK2 torque may be correctly compensated or incorrectly compensated resulting in an uncontrolled spin. If you get an uncontrolled spin, you need to alter the yaw gyro by going to the "Mixer Editor" and changing the channel (number to the upper right) to 4 where the yaw servo is connected. Then change the "rudder" mix value to -100.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:35 AM
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
The motor layout diagram on the KK2 does not have to be complied with when setting up a tricopter. As long as the motors turn in the correct direction for the props, the motors can all spin in the same direction or one can spin in the opposite direction (and the opposite direction motor can be on any of the legs).

The odd number of motors (3) means that there will always be torque resulting in yaw. Depending on the configuration, that yaw may be clockwise or anticlockwise.

When testing your tricopter, the KK2 torque may be correctly compensated or incorrectly compensated resulting in an uncontrolled spin. If you get an uncontrolled spin, you need to alter the yaw gyro by going to the "Mixer Editor" and changing the channel (number to the upper right) to 4 where the yaw servo is connected. Then change the "rudder" mix value to -100.
Thanks !!
read this from the manual "Mixer Editor" )

"Rudder" item: Amount of rudder/yaw command. Usually 100%. Use a positive value for a CW spinning propeller, and negative for a CCW spinning propeller.

In my Tri this values are 0 in the 2 front motors and -100 in the yaw motor( channel 3), if I have a CW prop there the value should be 100?. I mean, is not just change the rudder value in the yaw channel and the ESC=Motor config and done!

thanks for your help
and have a good weekend !
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:45 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,549 Posts
For a tricopter, the operation of the yaw servo is an unknown in terms of the direction it turns and therefore moves the yaw motor. Therefore, it's a 50/50 chance of the rudder mixer value needing to be +100 or -100. It's not a function of the motor/prop direction being CW or CCW in this case. The instructions are more appropriate for multirotors with motors only.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:59 AM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Hi.

I have KK2.0 with FW 1.5. When i calibrate sensors there are 3 values ACC for x,y,z but there is no Gyro X,Y,Z values like in this video

SK450 Quadcopter Part 2 Setting up (15 min 8 sec)
on 11:00 time

is that ok ??
mertseger is offline Find More Posts by mertseger
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:26 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horchoha View Post
Any suggestions?
Unfortunately I also flashed my spare KK2 board and checking it, it also has no choice for different motor set ups, only one selectable is the + version.
I tried flashing the 1.3 version, but still no more motor selections, just the + version.
What have I done wrong??????
Silly answer, but the first things that comes to mind are:
- Try to scroll down
- What about all the other heli types? Are they gone too?
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:31 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzydog View Post
I have flown 7 or 8 flawless flights on my quad using the KK2 board. Then I took it apart to reconfigure it and add my FPV gear. Ever since then I had an intermittent throttle glitch that would either kill the throttle for a split second or go to full throttle for a split second - spontaneously.
Tonight I found a loose signal wire on the jumper going from channel 4 of the rx to the KK2...
The first thing that comes to mind with glitches and FPV is that the FPV transmitter is hitting the RC system somehow. The RC receiver, or the KK2.

Fly it how you do to make it glitch, then try again with the FPV transmitter powered off to see if it goes away. When you have proved that is the issue, move the components to get the FPV transmitter and antenna far away from everything else. Try a separate power supply for the FPV and no connections back to the RC.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:34 AM
Australia, NSW, Marsfield
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
X525 KK2 0 (1 min 52 sec)

doesnt fully self-level.. it seems to want to keep going in the last direction it was controlled in.. and it gains height when yawing...
but gee, its quick!
rcroadtrain is offline Find More Posts by rcroadtrain
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:31 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanquy View Post
Of course if the rotation!! I'm talking about cables btw ESC and motors!! not ESC ==> KK2 my question was if after I have this done, I have to change something in the mixer editor.
Thats what I assumed unlike others and pointed out the mixer editor only needed changing if Yaw Gyro compensation was wrong way.

This was explained by Steveis as well so you should be good to go.

I think you will find due to props all going one way that the Tri will lean noticably in one direction also, while hovering.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:15 AM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mertseger View Post
Hi.
I have KK2.0 with FW 1.5. When i calibrate sensors there are 3 values ACC for x,y,z but there is no Gyro X,Y,Z values like in this video
is that ok ??
If you mean that the gyro values are zero and don't change when you move the board?
Then yes, the gyros are faulty and will not be able to stabilise a multicopter.
HappySundays is online now Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:13 AM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroadtrain View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paRB-jy3aO4

doesnt fully self-level.. it seems to want to keep going in the last direction it was controlled in.. and it gains height when yawing...
but gee, its quick!
sounds normal for version 1.2 of the firmware .
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me